RCT Discussion / Your "list"

• Ride6%s's Photo
    I know that I had an old thread about this exact same thing but it got deleted with the rest of the R&Rs a while back. Anyway what are your favorite parks?

I'll update with mine soon!

ride6
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    #1: WoC by ride6
    #2: ALE by Nevis
    #3: ROB by SAC
    #4: WOMB by Mantits
    #5: SWA by RRP
  • Steve%s's Photo
    1. RoB - SA
    2. SWA - RRP
    3. Cayman IOA - slob
    4. DSS - Cork
    5. Disney MiniSeas - John

I'm way too tired to think of more.
    But 5 seems like a good-enough amount.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    ^^ I think you underrated your #1 gymkid...
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    1. SWA-RRP
    2. ALE-NeViS
    3. Womb-Mantis
    4. UIX-NeViS
    5. DMM-Fatha'
    6. DGA-OZONE
    7. DFK-Natelox
    8. AOE- Mantis
    9. Egyptopia-Coaster Ed
    10. ??
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    #1 Tilted Acres

#2 RoB

#3 DisneySea Spain

#4 Six Flags WoE

#5 Euroscape
  • Valp%s's Photo
    1) Escalante River Falls- Mala

2) Age of Empires- Mantis

3) Rivers of Babylon- SAC

4) Mount Sinister- Mala

5) W.O.M.B.- Mantis

6) The Aegean- Natelox

7) Disney's Movie Magic- Fatha'

8) Moonlight Magic- Schuessler

9) Troy- Iris (& company)

10) Dreamworks Great Australia- Ozone
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Here

Except that's old so it doesn't have The Aegean or DMM or that sort of thing.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I'll post my full list in a few days, with descriptions and such. But for now:

1. Florida Disney Sea by vTd
    2. Rivers Of Babylon by SACoasterfreak
    3. Egyptopia by Coaster Ed
    4. Busch Gardens Lichfield by RRP
    5. Disneyland Mid America by Areo21
    6. Shilo Town by vTd & Jesse
    7. Walkman of My Brain by Mantis
    8. Orange Valley by Ty
    9. Mount Sinister by Mala
    X. Moonlight Magic by Jack Schuessler
  • yyo%s's Photo
    1. Mount Sinister - Mala
    2. Sea World Atlanta - RRP
    3. Cataclysm - Blind Guardian & Coaster Ed
    4. Universal Island Xtreme - NeVis
    5. Egyptopia - Coaster Ed
    6. RoB - sacoasterfreak
    7. Tropico Horizons - Fatha
    8. Florida's Disney Sea - vTd
    9. NE's Master's Isle - Fatha, Toon, Natelox, vTd, x-sector
    10. Lloyd Harbor - Elrocko
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Gymkid, WTF!? WoC is nothing compaired to any real park. And you should've let my #1 fan make that comment insted (Slob, you know who you are).

As promised here is my favorite park list, with explanations even.

20) Raindrop Riviera- Posix: Posix's peak IMO and based on his current trend towards parks that look like they should¡¦ve come up 5 years ago it will remain that way. Just a beautiful park through and through, almost as if SAcoasterFreak had built all of it. Only the marketplace seemed sloppy and rushed to me. The rest of the map stays true to classic parkmaking without drifting too far into boring territory.

19) Disney's Forgotten Kingdom- Natelox: The weakest of the Nate parks in the post DDI era. An amazing park on its own right but it just looks like it wanted to be another DDI, done differently. Personally I wish Nate had shot for something a little bit more different. Still and excellent park with Disney atmosphere held throughout. It¡¦s just not DDI.

18) Arnos Springs Resort- Gutterflower: A revised park based upon the classic Arnos Grove that expands on many of the original themes and includes heaps of newer tropical theming. With one of the most varied coaster collections including the insane hacking machine Tormenta de Fuego and the best of the Roomie hypers in Lone Warrior. An amazing amount of effort went into the resort map as well. As a whole this is an improvement of immeasurable proportions over Arnos Grove and even a gain over Snowdrop.

17) Atlantis; The Lost Empire- Nevis: The parkmaker Xtreme delivers his final masterpiece in the form of the timeless A;LE. Containing one of the best coaster line ups ever combined with the magical and unorthodox theming style that only Nevis could pull off properly. To put it best if Atlantis rose tomorrow, with the exception of the coasters, it would look just like this.

16) Audrix Towers (5hine)- Posix/X-Sector: Two of the most contrasting parkmakers team up to create a park of nearly unrivaled variety and style. X-sector is easily one of the more insane parkmakers out there and Posix sticks to a classic style with limits. None the less both created some of their best work in this masterpiece of parkmaking, with X-sector delivering the world class Red Rock Village, Sunshine Underground and the Castle Audrix and Posix pulling off the spectacular Tizoc's Realm and the mysterious Terranus. Each delivered interesting coasters as well with X¡¦s Under the Influence pair and Posix pulling off a spectacular woodie with Rigor Mortis. A great combination of skills and styles to create a lovely whole, I just have to wonder what it would¡¦ve looked like if only X or Posix had done the full map independently.

15) Euroscape- Butterfinger: The single most overwhelming map in rct history opens as the main body of this massive release. A double mapped monster containing even more material than Butta¡¦s gargantuan Universals Caribbean Seas Resort. The park does, indeed, lack in color and variety of architecture forms/textures and the coaster collection has always left me wanting. This park contains the kind of detail that takes a long ass time to build but not the unique idea¡¦s kind that we¡¦ve started to see in The Trojan Dynasty and I¡¦m sure we¡¦ll see a few more good glances at before Butta¡¦ retires.

14) Disney Sea Spain- Corkscrewed: The greatest of all the Corkscrewed releases and a contender for the top ten that just misses by four places. Corkscrewed has always been an expert at making the whole park add up to one hell of a lot more than the sum its parts and this is exactly that. Every area has its own personality and yet remains original. The buildings are huge blocks yet they simply sparkle with beauty and realism. There is nothing in this park that I can say that I hate, it¡¦s just I don¡¦t really love all that much of it either. Sorry Cork man.

13) Tropico Horizons- Fatha': This may surprise you as being the first Grinch Park on this list. Sure it¡¦s the most refined and perfected of Fatha¡¦ modern-era parks but something just missed with me. It lacks the sparkle of a first of its style park like Tropico Cove and it just doesn¡¦t have the material to match up against Disney's Movie Magic. On the other hand this park does show why it ¡s a shame that Fatha' is doing Disney parks- the amazing coaster collections here and in TC simply cannot be summed up in one or two coasters "expectable" to place in a park with the Disney name. The entrance contains the legendary Paladin and not a single coaster slacks, from the best mine train ever created, Spider Mountain to possibly the best non-Nevis giga in Demeter. The only thing that it¡¦s really missing is a wooden coaster, and that¡¦s a shame. Additionally Excavation takes up too much of the map. Somehow this park misses the top ten place the other two Fatha¡¦ parks occupy because is just isn¡¦t them, it¡¦s something different and incredible in its own right.

12) IOA Hollywood- Schussler: A park that I originally didn¡¦t like deciding that it was "boring" but now I've come to see the magic of it with the amazing coaster collection, architecture and theming. All of which can only be classed as elite. Schussler was always ahead of his time and this just shows it again. Dragon Flight is possibly the greatest steel twister ever constructed and as a whole its surroundings of IOA Hollywood couldn¡¦t be much more beautiful. Nearly perfect and very full of soul, but perhaps over all else IOA Hollywood is a natural oasis in rct, which is a rarity indeed.

11) The Aegean-Natelox: The most recent full-park release from the Nate man and a masterpiece. Strong architecture is dominant throughout, going hand in hand with excellent custom flats, nearing the RRP zone in their accuracy and some elegant theming. The best of Nate¡¦s amazing rapids rides is located here too in the form of Rapids of Monoceros and the coaster collection is solid. Personally I found the park lacking in only one thing: color. It needs the splash of excitement that DDI and DFK received, for if it had this would be joining DDI in my top ten. Certainly and epic park in its own right.

10) Ages Of Empires- Mantis: As you can guess this is the first in a long series of Mantis parks contained in my top ten. In fact all three of his more recent efforts are contained here because of their greatness. Ages of Empires, the first of the three to be released, is a plainer park than Womb or High Times City but it's detailed enough to hold ones attention for hours while having a subtlety about its simplicity. A rock-solid coaster collection including Zirillion of the Claw, Olympia and Tesla Coil goes hand in hand with beautiful theming and architecture; Mantis's "normal" park so to speak. ;)

9) City of Dreams- Mantis/X-Sector/ Toon: The single greatest collaboration park of all time. Mantis coming up with the concept and delivering the physiologic ¡§High Times City¡¨ area containing coasters of true Mantis quality like Automatic High or Trippin. The spazzy, in your face colors make it obvious Mantis work too. Amazing stuff. Toon delivers the Asian-themed Shangri-La and the Balloon Landing Headquarters, both of excellent quality. Shangri-La in particular is amazing in its beautiful architecture, amazing gardens and giant Buddha sculpture. Lost Horizons, one of a small fleet of classy inverted coasters from Toon races around the area wonderfully, interacting with many of the buildings and soaring over the pathways. X-Sector, though, put the most effort into this park, finishing off two of his areas (San Francisco 2050 and Tech City) in only 4 days. While those are worth wile area¡¦s in and of themselves with they¡¦re large water treatment plants and miniature Golden Gate bridge it¡¦s X¡¦s third area, New New York that truly shines above and beyond. This area is arguably the best on the map and by far the most detailed with parked cars, company buildings and subway systems running everywhere. The racing/dueling pair Plant Express Delivery is almost fast enough to be convincing in its Malaness. An amazing group effort were styles blend enough to make the map beautiful but contrast enough to see who built what.

8) Auroras Bay- Pyro Penguin: A single map work of art that took until recently for me to really connect with. Somehow I didn¡¦t really like any of the park with the exception of Terras Labs, which is impossible to dislike. Something must have changed in me as I explored the map further in recent weeks. I love all of it, now. Tarras Labs remains one of the single greatest themed areas of all time but the medieval area is now one of my personal favorites as well and the rest of the map certainly holds its own. Unlike DD this park even has amazing architecture and a coaster collection well worth noting. Now where has Pyro gone?

7) Disney's Discovery Island- Natelox: One of those few parks that become legend. This is a park of grand portions, a double map resort with enough unbelievable material to build a bridge across the Atlantic Ocean. However it's the park map that really outshines nearly everything else ever created, with Nate¡¦s famed dark and adventure rides leading the charge (Rocket Rovers Test Track, Indiana Jones: Quest For The Inca, and Figment's Time Machine) along with two excellent coasters (Journey Into Imagination and Discovery Mountain Mining Co). The entrance area and all the theming in general is beautiful, Disney-ish and wonderful in everyway. The simple color use of red in particular only makes this park all the more infectious. I love it through and through.

6) Disney's Movie Magic- Fatha': A park that unlike the Tropico pair uses a variety of theming and landscaping styles. A far more modern park but in some cases RCT parks must be aged like wine before their true flavor comes forth. I feel that this park needs some aging to grow on me some like TC has but it¡¦s an amazing park, and in volume of material it's the "largest" single LL map created thus far.

5) Tropico Cove- Fatha' Grinch: I know that the entire community will probably disagree with me on this but I personally feel that this is the park that Fatha' really put his heart into. There is nothing artificial about this park; nothing that tries to be what it isn¡¦t, everything just is exactly the way it is. It was with this park that Fatha' invented his famous style of tropical parkmaking and it is here that it is at its most natural state. Only to add to that is the fact that this park has the single greatest coaster collection, ever. Loco Toro and Category 5 headline the pack that includes the likes of Scarlet Fever, Mustang, and Mas Terrus. Additionally this park has the best, most atmospheric and otherwise most beautiful western area in RCT. I don't know how but I've always loved this park more than TH or DMM. It just has that true magic that comes from the turning point, the park that changed a (tropical) style into legend.

4) Sea World Atlanta- RRP: A legendary park of the highest order. This is, absolutely, the single most perfected map in all of RCT. The problem is that in the process this park has lost the "soul" that a lot parks need to be great. This one replaces its soul with something far more artificial and it hurts the park IMO. It certainly starts out right with Pirates of the Caribbean, an area that has some soul on its own, and traveling directly in either direction from the entrance you come to areas with soul¡K Strangely though while each area somehow gets its atmosphere flowing in a "soulful" way the whole is so perfect that it becomes unnatural, and so I cannot say that I love this park the way I probably should.

3) Rivers of Babylon- SAcoasterFreak: If there is one park that I would call absolutely perfect in its whole, this is it. The fact the SA is going back and improving on some of the parts is believable to me since this is a park were the parts don't matter. The map adds up to a shit load more than the sum of its parts and it really radiates of atmosphere and classic parkmaking. The coaster collection is top-notch with rides like "Eversio Lemuria" or "Kuxan Suum-Road to the Sky". The flats and water rides, too, are of excellent quality in placing and theming. The reason this isn't number one is because while it keeps a soul in its perfection (unlike SWA IMO) the remaining two parks that I rate above this use their defects as advantages, even though such an idea seems impossible.

1-tie) Mount Sinister- Mala: Headlined by a pair of the cruelest steel coasters ever created: "Two Forces" and "Soul Harvester". This park is great from the surface but amazing if you dare to search deeper. It might be hard to imagine this but Mount Sinister is truly an amusement park, with rides, restaurants, shows and shops piled into the great collage that is the map. Admittedly I didn¡¦t even like this park upon first opening, sure I loved the coasters but I just didn¡¦t get the theming. After giving the park a look every once in a while I eventually hit on it. What "it" is exactly is another story but Mala seems to be the only parkmaker who manages to get ¡¥it¡¦ in there. To top everything this map is piled high with a bewildering array of hacks and an astonishing level of detail. Even the black pieces of land (while few) serve a purpose necessary to the surroundings. If there is one park that I could look at forever and see something different every day, this is it and for that reason it is really tied for #1 in my book.

1-tie) Womb- Mantis: Only the entrance is somewhat weak, even though in many lesser parks it could¡¦ve been the highlight of the entire map. Traveling to the right into Discovery you'll find the instant classic "Digital Love" in all its spot-lit glory along with an incredible variety of modern "trackitecture". Be sure not to miss the hidden coaster "Aerodynamic" with the Daft Craft itself sitting over the station or the main attraction of Daft Punk themselves performing for your pleasure. Continuing in the counter-clockwise rotation you'll enter the Hotel Yorba a large red and white colored area themed to the White Stripes and containing a pair of excellent wooden racer/duelers of the same name as well as the grand hotel itself. Moving on into Pavonis Mons, the best themed area ever IMO, centered around The Flaming Lips you¡¦ll run across the spectacular flying coaster "Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots" which combines the LIM/stall technology of Intamin¡¦s Impulse coaster, the spike from S&S¡¦s Thrust Air 2000 concept and the riding position of a B&M flyer to create one of the top ten steel coasters of all time (IMO). The area's yellow contemporary architecture, beautiful elevation changes and calming music give off an intoxicating atmosphere. Although I could stay in Mons forever we must to moving on to Rooty, containing the unorthodox wooden coaster "Bingo Bongo" and some out-of-this-world color and height variations. This park has everything you could ask for; amazing colors, innovative hacks, a great coaster line up, intoxicating themes. Even the lake is shaped into the theme of WOMB. I don't know about you but I have to wonder if even Mantis can top this.

:D

ride6
  • Highball%s's Photo
    1. Will be Phantasia
    2. DTA
    3. SFWoE
    4. Asian Adventures

Waiting on those PhantaSea screens, Meretrix. ;)
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Not much of a list.. because I am no good with lists and a lot of them are quite recent.. I enjoy different things about each. Pro Tour has really brought a lot of good parks - mostly because a lot of them are concept pieces (in other words, extremely creative but you'd never see it made into a full park).

1. Wisconsin by cBass
    2. Euroscape by Butterfinger
    3. Epica by Phatage
    4. SFWoE by Phatage
    5. ROB by sacoasterfreak
    6. Platypus Paradise by Butterfinger (for the sole reason of the retarded drunken swan) :lol:
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    i dunno ride6...WoC was a pretty good park...maybe itll be #2 on my next list tho.
  • Yung Wun%s's Photo
    ALE - Nevis.

Thats all.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

i dunno ride6...WoC was a pretty good park...maybe itll be #2 on my next list tho.

:lol:

To quote Milhouse (from the Simsons) "I know this is a fantasy, but I'll take it!"

ride6
  • SFAW Fan%s's Photo
    1) Moonlight Magic - Schuessler
    2) RoB - SA
    3) Raindrop Riviera - Posix
    4) Crystal Horizons - SA
    5) IOA: Hollywood - Schuessler
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Euroscape
    Fantastic Wonders
    Cascades Amusement Park
    Kimmeragh Glen
    Rivers of Babylon
  • jon%s's Photo
    1. DMM - Fatha'
    2. RoB - SA
    3. City of Dreams - Toon, X and Mantis.
    4. ALE - Nevis
    5. Audrix Towers - Posix and X
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    sadly there isnt many parks i've "liked" so...
    in no particular order:

ALE, SWA, Troy, Visions, RoB, and a lot of the old RCTM parks [Cocoa Bay, Saffron Woods, Toxic Terra, etc]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading