5. Disney's Forgotten Kingdom by Natelox
    6. Age Of Empires by Mantis
    7. Universal's Outrage by X-Sector
    8. Disney's Discovery Island by Natelox
    9. Busch Gardens Lichfield by RRP
    10. Auroras Bay by Pyropenguin
  • Lucifer%s's Photo

Here

Except that's old so it doesn't have The Aegean or DMM or that sort of thing.

Its nice to see Stratford fair settled neatly in there. Its still a favourite of mine. :)
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    1) Back to the Future by ja227 - this isnt the type of park you see over and over again in the spotlight/runner-up park, this is probably the most creative park i've seen and the best themed.

2) Scarborough Faire by Supertrooper

3) Six Flags Worlds of Excitement by Phatage

4) Myths, Legends, and Folklore by Mick and Mike

5) Disneyland Resort New York by lazyboy970

6) Epica by Phatage

7) Rift Valley by Mala

8) Big Top Circus Park by Supertrooper

9) Wisconsin by cBass

10) Basics Of My Brain by cBass
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    1. Universals Outrage
    2. Auroras Bay
    3. RoB
    4. Disney's Movie Magic
    5. WOMB
  • Toon%s's Photo

Here

Except that's old so it doesn't have The Aegean or DMM or that sort of thing.

Its nice to see Stratford fair settled neatly in there. Its still a favourite of mine. :)

Thanks...

I really haven't found anything that has captured my park building spirit like that park did. I still enjoy looking at it from time to time. It was never work building it and I never lacked ideas or inspiration. Glad some people still appreciate it!

oh yeah...ToonTower (hehe)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I updated it just the other day, just for you Toon :p And shut it! I'm never going to change! Never! Not until the sky falls on my head, or until George Bush stops scaring me, or until I make an RCT recreation! Never! NEVER I TELL YOU!!

Anyway, yes. That's a pretty accurate list of what I think as of now.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    one day i'll go through all my favourite parks and put them in order of how much i like them.

I still love oceania and Mount Sinister at the moment those parks have touched me like no other.
  • X250%s's Photo
    1. Nascar Experience - RCT-Masters
    2. Phantasia (when released) - Meretrix
    3. Rivers Of Babylon - SAcoasterfreak
    4. Euroscape - Butterfinger
    5. Walt Disney's Tilted Acres - Meretrix
    6. Ironwood Valley - RCTI
    7. Billerica Bay - Xophe
    8. DisneySEA Spain - corkscrewed
    9. Sparkly Paradise - Six Frags
    10. Pacific Island - RCT-Masters
    11. Bayfront Park (when released) - Kumba
    12. SantaVille - Six Frags
    13. Entertainment City Las Vegas - JKay
    14. Epica- phatage
    15. Portmeirion Village (when released) - Mike Robbins
    16. Walt-Mart (when released) - RCTI
    17. Swiss Alpine Village Resort - Mike Robbins
    18. Scarborough Faire - Supertrooper
    19. Forbidden Heights - ???
    20. Station Park & Golf Course - ???

-X-
  • Valp%s's Photo
    Since I posted the list on the previous page, after looking at many others and re-checking some of the ones on there, there's been a bit of shuffling on my list. I did some write ups for some of them...

Valp's Top 20 Parks

Park's I've Enjoyed the Most:

1) Escalante River Falls- Mala
    This park is everything RCT can possibly be- from beautiful landscaping, to intricate and lovely architecture, to some of the most wonderful roller coasters ever built. The theme of the Anasazi is mostly original, and Mala pulled it off in a way no one else can (much like all of his parks, in fact). This place has all of the little details you have to love- cave tours, a quarter-tile structure of a phoenix, freaky firehouse ghost trains, and much, much more. Want to see perfection? Check out Escalante River Falls-- it will be some of the most wonderful hours you'll ever spend viewing any park, ever. I can't go into a long paragraph about this one; it's just too perfect for words.

2) Rift Valley- Mala
    When a Mala park is released, a hush falls over the community as they stare at screens, then there's the rush to download, then look, and look, and look, and post your thoughts, and look some more. This park has grown on me so much since its release as the #2 park in the NE Pro Tour, and given time, it will grow on anyone. Begin by riding along with Psycho Speedway as you open the park, then view its marvelous dark glass/brick station. See the beautiful black and white entrance buildings, and a curiously dark street containing a ghost train and haunted house. Then, try not to drool as you pick your jaw up off the floor when you gaze upon the station to the inverted coaster Equinox- the single best piece of RCT architecture ever seen. Watch the river rapids float beneath its lift, and head to a lighter park of the park with the Skell Society and a fantastic wooden coaster, Mount Wood. There's so much to see and so much to do, it's possibly one good back story short of many #1 spots (hint hint if you're reading). Dark purple and green have never looked so good.

Parks I've Enjoyed Quite a Bit:

3) Age of Empires- Mantis
    This is just about as good as RCT1 gets. Created by the citrus-y bug himself, this park won the NE Invitational, beating out two lovely others. The theming in each section is so perfect- take a trip through time and see an overgrown, castle-ridden hillside (featuring Zirillion of the Claw, possibly my favorite steel coaster ever), a simply beautiful Greek isle, a freaky, futuristic city with some wild rides, a look at ancient Egypt, and finally, a dark, yet quite inviting area themed to Mongolia. Also featuring a beautiful port of entry, Age of Empires is one park not to be forgotten throughout the ages.

4) Disney's Movie Magic- Fatha'
    This is easily Fatha's best, fun, and most... soulful park to date. It's a map so crammed with different themes and creative ideas, you won't know where to begin to look. Actually, start with the entrance, themed to the Jungle Book (with a fantastic overgrown atmosphere), then, in clockwise order, Agrabah (with that oh-so-cool flying carpet ride); a Hercules area; the absolutely beautiful Notre Dame; the large Pirates of the Caribbean area (with Curse of the Black Pearl- the park's largest coaster); Mulan's World (complete with street lanterns and a nice family adventure ride); Kuzco's Carnival (featuring Kuzco Tower of Terror, a cool ride in a... well, ugly building); a Lilo and Stitch area; a Peter Pan area (cool rapids there); and Triton's Castle, the perfect centerpiece. This park might actually be a little higher if it wasn't so rushed- the endless unnamed areas and Happyland banners really seem to get on my nerves....

5) Rivers of Babylon- SACoasterfreak
    According to Iris in one list, the maker of RoB is the #1 parkmaker of all time, and this is the perfect example why. This beautiful, traditional park begins in Babylon, with the most beautiful ride ever made (Eden- river rapis), then moves through Tulum, an Aztec/Mexican area where a grand wooden coaster may be found roaring. Next on your trip is the wonderful Asian area Lhasa, featuring Lotus, one of my favorite coasters ever (built with the help of Joe Holland), and the WW roofs that I fell in love with. Rounding out the park is Lemuria, a new take on an old Atlantis-style theme. This broken down city includes the #1 steel rollercoaster on many folks' lists, Eversio Lemuria- a beautiful, thrilling journey amongst broken aqueducts. Most would agree that this is probably the most well-rounded traditional RCT park ever.

6) W.O.M.B.- Mantis
    Mantis is arguably the best parkmaker of the past couple of years, having won NE's Parkmaker of the Year award twice. Although I prefer Age of Empires, Walkman of My Brain is his crowning achievement. Probably no park in history can match the personal, in-depth, wonderfully brilliant nature of this park. Mantis's favorite bands/musicians are on display here, from a wild Rooty area (take on the wacky woodie Bingo Bango), to the brilliant Pavonis Mons (pink has never looked so good), to Hotel Yorba (home of the dazzling White Stripes wooden racers), and ending up with a darker, richer, more excitement-filled Discovery area (themed to D.A.F.T. Punk). You can really spend a long time watching this park- a crazy, crazy, crazy, and did I say crazy journey into the mind of Mantis.

7) Mount Sinister- Mala
    Another... crazy park, to say the least. Mala's final RCT1 production comes in the form of a brightly dark mountain and valley with quite an eerie atmosphere and all the usual insane rollercoasters. As soon as you open the park, you're met with Two Forces- wildy fast and insane dueling inverts that speed down and around the mountain beautifully. You'll also find a gigantic wooden coaster, Thunderstruck, a wicked gigantic steel coaster, Soul Harvester (with the infamous skull supports), and many other coasters and wild rides to keep you satisfied. My personal favorite area of the park is the more gentle and toned down, but still just as creepy Birchwood... with those overgrown trellisses and strangely normal (yet still... creepy) buildings, it's one... creepy place. All in all, it's a wild, fantastic, and... erm... creepy kind of a park that leaves your jaw on the keyboard as you explore it.

8) The Aegean- Natelox
    I love this park. Big architecture, big ideas, big rides, big everything... you'd think it was Texas. Naw, but Nate's best park to date is a collection of some of the most outstanding works to date in RCT. In fact, it's probably the most impressive park I've ever seen (excluding Mala's)... but its general lack of rides and color knocks it down a bit. Still, with the amazing, elegant Cartagena entrance, complete with a bullfighting show and spicy custom music, Athina and Tunisia, two sections with some kickin' rides, and my favorite areas of the park, Tuscany (awesome rapids and awesome go-karts in a beautiful, beautiful setting) and Marrakech, an Egyptian-type area with the incredible Palio air-thrust coaster. If Natelox keeps improving at this rate, his next mega park is definitely at the top of my "most anticipated park" list.

Parks I've Enjoyed:

9) Florencia Valley- Mantis, blitz-sama, Mortician, Ozone, stargazer, Sanctuary
    There's so much variety in this park... which means there's so much to spend time viewing. Mantis definitely steals the show here, with Entropy and its wildly wonderful rides. I also enjoy Ozone's Coal Mining Capital immensely, and stargazer contributes a beautiful Florencia entrance. Though I like those two the most, all of the other sections are excellent on their own... the only thing that really holds this park back are the sections' lack of... cohesion, I suppose. All in all, it's the best NE group park yet... all from a bunch of "wannabes."

10) Disney Extreme Orlando- X-Sector
    It's unfourtunate that this park went up against DDI at its time, because this would have been a wonderful spotlight. Sure, this park may not be full of wonderful, extreme, impressive ideas, but I must say that I always- always enjoy checking this place out. I love the Egyptian section (with Ra- an exciting stand-up that speeds around quite beautifully), and Frontierland, while simple, is impressive as all get-outs (mainly because of RRP's Splash Mountain, a thrilling adventure/water ride). Rounding out the park is the elegant Atlantis (with the beautiful Triton floorless) and Toon Adventure, a very fun family area of the park feauturing Mickey's Screamin: RRP's awesome hacked sit down/flying coaster. There's so much appeal to the park... maybe it'll earn its place as Spotlight in the NE Awards some day...

11) Universal's Outrage- X-Sector
    Outrage is one of those parks that as soon as you open it, you know you'll love it. There is so much uniqueness and creativity in the park, it's truly astounding. With sections like the mysteriously beautiful Black Moon Quarry, Ports of Discovery (featuring The Experience- a wild floorless coaster streaming and screaming through a huge, blue, wooden 'temple,' of sorts), and Temptation Island, which boasts the incredible RipCurl, a monstrous, looping, stalling, light blue(!) wooden coaster, this park is sure to turn heads. Throw in the beautiful tropical entrance and the simple, sea-tech area that is Atlantic Sea Base, and you've got yourself a winner. I can't wait to see what X throws at us next... especially in RCT2.

And... the Others (down to 20):

12) Audrix Towers- X-Sector & Posix

13) Raindrop Riviera- Posix

14) Disney Dreams- PyroPenguin

15) Tropico Horizons- Fatha'

16) Troy- Iris (and company)

17) City of Dreams- X-Sector, Toon, Mantis

18) Euroscape- Butterfinger

19) Auroras Bay- PyroPenguin

20) Dreamworks Great Australia- Ozone

Tags

• No Tags