Related Games / RCT 3 Screens and Movies

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Here's a view from an inverted coaster I made. The buildings are from the demo scenario, though I made the ground snowy. There are a lot more ground textures now, with all the old ones present and some variants of the old ones.

Posted Image
    The oil derrick is a special interactive scenery. Place it by a coaster, then set a "trigger point" by double clicking on the scenery, clicking the "select trigger point" button, and then clicking on the BASE of whatever piece of track you want to trigger the effect. When the train crosses that track piece, the scenery starts.

Posted Image
    Another view.

Posted Image
    Yeah. More of the same. If you recall the RCT 3 videos released by Atari, the shark coming by the monorail and the "Catastrophe Canyon" thingy are other examples of this.

Posted Image
    A quick overview of the immediate area. No real theming here, obviously. I was still playing around with stuff.

Posted Image
    You can ride flat rides in addition to the coasters. Here's a shot from a Chance Revolution.

Posted Image
    Fireworks!

Posted Image
    Unfortunately, you can only see them in the demo, not edit them.

Posted Image
    Night time is pretty hot.

Posted Image
    The landscaping feature is VERY in depth, allow a lot of combinations. You can make mounds, hills, cliffs, valleys, ridges, mesas, or just plain raise blocks of land. Even blocks are raised steadily, not in set increments like RCT 1 and 2, though. You also have two ways of raising/lowering land: you can just hold down on the mouse and it'll rise or lower (depending on what you selected) or you can drag land up or down. Water is also a ton easier. Instead of raising water by steps, you raise it to the level on the bank that you click. One-step water table. Very cool.

Posted Image
    In addition to making out, some peeps actually THINK about making out. If you look at a peep's past thought, one of them is "Lets make out" or something like that.

Posted Image
    I think the peeps have been shrunk... the path (that's just one tile wide) looks huge!!! :D

Posted Image
    Another night shot.

Posted Image
    In addition to the fireworks, you can see the Deadly Inverted (see my vid in the RCT 3 Demo thread... or wait until I post it here) flying off in a "blaze" of glory!

Posted Image
    Okay, I did some twiddling with the architecture, and it's pretty straightforward. It works the same way as in RCT 2, though you only use SHIFT. The CTRL key doesn't seem to work. Also, if you build a wall, a flat tile will automatically raise over it, instead of in RCT 2 where if you built a wall first then put tiles in, you might delete a wall if you weren't careful. Also notice how I planted a hedge row on the same square as a tree (by the flowers and awning). I think that's about the only combo that can share squares.

Posted Image
    Another shot. You can see that you can build fairly advanced stuff using what they have. The walls have circular, square, and Spanish windows, and there are doors. The variety's pretty cool. Plus, everything's colorable, so that's added flexibility.

Posted Image
    There are single tile and 2x2 tile trees, at least in this demo. Might be bigger in the game too.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Also, my Deadly Inverted Coaster movie posted in the RCT 3 thread.

You can see the birds eye and first person POV views in full, beautiful action.

http://www-scf.usc.e...ondsandGuns.wmv

I have two more vids coming up, assuming I have time to edit them quickly and have a host. My USC account does have a space limit.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Beautiful coaster! Thank you for giving a taste to all those who can't d/l the real deal. I'll put up screens later on aswell!
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    The first Isometric view of your coaster sold the game for me. Im deffo reserving my copy now.

Ill download the video once the demo has downloaded. Nice work on the archy too, looks just like your RCT2 work, can you actually go inside the buildings then?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Technically if you zoom in far enough, yes, but at that point, it just looks ugly. However, if you build a coaster through a building or within one, then you could "go inside" that building. :D It'd just look like the outside though. I'll have a POV of a quick woodie I made (with a tiny bit of scenery) in half an hour. I gotta go shower first.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    There is a god. Let RCT3 spotlights begin...
    This really has made my day. It IS possible to make good parks in this. Imagine Euroscape in 3D...
    The only think that the single tiled paths look bad though so I'll be triple paving i expect in most places.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Here's the download for another video which shows the woodie in action.

http://www-scf.usc.e...ie-Copeland.wmv

You'll notice that towards the end, it slows down. I wanted to slow the whole clip down because the physics of the game are way to fast but I can only edit these in Windows Movie Maker right now, since Premiere can't seem to edit .wmv files. I'll need to look for a .wmv to .mpeg or .avi converter or something just so I can work in Premiere. Anyway, just pretend it hit some major trims or something. :D

You'll also notice that I panned at the end. While riding, you can actually look around to the left or right at any time by holding the left mouse button and dragging it to the left or right. The same thing applies when viewing a fireworks show when you take it off Autolook.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Corky, take the sound off it; it'l reduce the file size (and your time in putting it on), and you'll have more space on your account to host stuff...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Meh... I like sound. Besides, WMM seems to save by file size, so if I wanted, I could lower the file size anyway. Doesn't really matter too much... maybe I can get Chapel to host them like he did w/ SA's video (or if it wasn't him, whoever hosted SA's skeleton). :D

http://www-scf.usc.e...ted-Burning.wmv

Notice how it magically goes from night to day on one single ride!!!! :D
    Also, there are two OVERBANKED turns on the ride. :lol: Overbanks rule, even if they're a bit overrated... they look so darn cool!
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

To Corky and everyone else.
    I can view the movies at home, but some users can't download them, so if you guys can post screens of your work as well, please do so...

Sorry for being selfish.

I pinned this so everyone could share their work!
    ...and make those who can't play the demo jealous.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ah... well, they're .wmv files, so you *should* just need windows media player... maybe 9 or above?

Anyway, I made a sick invert last night but the timer ran out before I could finish filming the POV. :'( I got four screens and a half-done video (it's 50 seconds even though it's half done... and that's from the top of the lift hill!!), so I'll post those later.

Gotta jet... classtime!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    The one-step water table is a relatively good idea, but does it encourage waterfalls/rapids? If you want a pond on the top of a mountain does it submerge all the surroundings?
  • Toon%s's Photo
    The answer mantis is no. Anytime you create a depression you can fill it with water without filling all the surrounding area. If you click above the lowest point of the surrounding land, then it will spill over to the rest of the map.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    But is there still a tile-based water system? Cos for fountains and such...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Unfortunately, the tile based water system is gone. But you might be able to get something somehow. If worst comes to worst... use rapids. :D

I didn't notice any water features, though, so :(
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Hey guys
    for those who cant play here are 2 short videos

1) Shows the Water splash's in full motion. how i imagine they work on log flumes and such as well

2) Shows a full on ride of a large inverted coaster featuring one of the new high bank turns.

1) http://www.enjoda.co...ers/2splash.wmv
    2) http://www.enjoda.co...ters/invert.wmv

nothing special and about 10mins work but its a start hey?
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Even though this is just the demo, It is still very fun to play and just increases my interest in RCT even more. I cant wait until full release, and hopefully later in the future custom objects will be possible.

Anyways heres what I've come up with just toying around with with some of the options:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Dirk Pitt%s's Photo
    I'm just curious but did anyone noticed on the inverted barrel roll, the start of the barrel roll can be slanted, in rct2 the track before the roll had to be flat but in rct3 it can be slanted. I think its more awesome if you want a turn going out of the roll and it is a lot more smoother.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I got a huge vid from a ride that i made...

kind of practiced some simple video editing on it...

http://snowbound.ins...com/grizzly.rar
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    These next four pics are of a monster invert I made but was unable to fully render in video before the time limit ran out. :'(
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a near duplicate I tried making today.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading