Related Games / RCT 3 Screens and Movies

• Disney Freak%s's Photo

I have a question about the "movie" you can take of parks. When I hit F11 to do this my computer slows to a crawl. Is this how .mov files are made?

From what I've heard the computer captures every movement (like taking pics) and then puts it together as a movie thus, even the fastest computers may see a slow down in gameplay. Sounds logical but maybe someone who knows better should exlpain it.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    A few comments....

SA... I'd prefer to work together, but I'm afraid in terms of "schooling" me, Roomie beat you to it. Big time.

You know my thoughts on the woodie... awesome. Except for the crawling ending. :D

Yeah, I did all of that in 45 minutes. It's kinda lousy, actually, cuz I discovered that the second half of scenery items weren't really rounded tiles, but rather actual pieces that didn't have thumbnails. So THEN I started using them... :lol:

I'm reiterating this... SA, Roomie, we have to work on a group park together. :D

Oh yeah, and the flowers do indeed suck in the demo. Hopefully, they'll improve on them.

About rendering movies...
    - RCT 3 will slow down to a crawl when it renders, as it does it several frames at a time. It will look really slow and choppy on screen, but when you play it, it'll be at normal speed, so don't worry.
    - It renders as .wmv files, so you need an editor that can recognize those files
    - It renders AT THE RESOLUTION OF YOUR SCREEN, so if that's huge, that'll take longer, since it's doing a frame at a time technically (though the skipping goes through several frames).

SA... what did you use to convert the .wmv files to .mov files? And can it do the same and convert to .mpeg's instead?
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Fireworks:
    Posted Image

3 minute architecture:
    Posted Image

Interlocking corkscrews:
    Posted Image

Disney Freaks adds more! Facade attempts coming soon! ;)
    Station / queue:
    Posted Image

Inside of station:
    Posted Image

The grumpy park inspector doesn't like any of my coaster attempts. :'( :
    Posted Image
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    VERY nice! Architecture looks very homely and residential. :D
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I'm seriously looking forward to Kevin's work in this game. I'm in love with that cobra roll shot he posted. Brilliant. And Corky, you screen whore, you! :p Looks great, I also love your invert as well. The architecture looks like you had fun building it, but the textures seem odd in my opinion, but hey.

I need to download this, as it looks like serious fun.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Wow. This changes thing. Disney Freak, you fancy yourself too much ;)
    Anyway, Gutterflower's screens are the best imo his woodie looks excellent. My view on the game has now turned hugely...
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    awesome pics. love that station for the woodie. very impressive...
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    I agree. This game looks great. Nice work all that have posted a screen.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Wow. This changes thing. Disney Freak, you fancy yourself too much ;)

I always did! :p
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

AGAIN, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0

If I ever said I would NEVER retire from RCT1, I lied.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ROFLMAO!!!

Nice. Another has been converted.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I really like that station DF, that's freakin awesome. I love it!
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I'm going to stop building scenery cause 45 minutes is NOT enough time to fool around with the different options! But here's something new I managed to build. Crap, yes but hey I only had 45 minutes: :yup:

Posted Image

I imported Dueling Dragons from RCT2 and let me say the physics of this game are way off. Nothing was synchronized but it looked nice so I decided to show it! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Shoulda gotten some onride pics. :D Nice work!
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I have decided on what park I am going to make first. It will kick your ass.

Here are some screens that I was doing today.. .some simple stuff, I didn't really have much time. Mostly just testing what I can do using what the game-makers want me to use, perhaps later on I'm going to try to start improvising with new stuff. The demo is absolutely wonderful for being able to practice with, and by the time the game comes out, most of us using it should be decent at parkmaking already. We will definately be releasing parks quickly, I think, I forsee people working a lot faster than with RCT 2 because things don't have to be so intricate and detailed to look nice in RCT 3. The detail level and the level of customization available is somewhat low, but that doesn't hamper your creative ability.

There is a difference with RCT 3- now you can express your panoramic vistas perfectly, and send the vision across that you really wanted to send in the other two games. I'm calling it right now, Atmosphere is going to be the key aspect of RCT 3 parkmaking. People who suck, will be revealed, and people who are good will be revealed. I think we'll see alot of parkmakers recreating RCT/LL works of their own. I will be re-creating Lake Claire. The creative possibilitys of this game are astounding. Imagine seeing Lake Claire at night. Being able to look over the water at all the lights from the carnival rides. Walking along a boardwalk. Riding the ferris wheel. Anyone who has not jumped on the bandwagon yet, should definately do so at this point. If you have the vision, this game will be your friend.

I give RCT 3 a 10.0.

You willl all see.

http://snowbound.ins...om/Shot0001.jpg

http://snowbound.ins...om/Shot0011.jpg

http://snowbound.ins...om/Shot0013.jpg

There is nothing like being able to build an open station without it looking like shit. I am so glad that you no longer have to "hide" the entrance and exit. Ironic, that's what started parkmaking in the first place. Trying to hide those damn entrances and exits.

Edit: DisneyFreak, that is fucking badass. How do you import a ride track? Maybe I can import all of the rides from Lake Claire for my recreation.

The screen with the buildings looks incredible. That's very nice. I can't wait until we can use that pirate fence on the rooves instead of those damn metal railings. I think I am going to miss my little rope fences. :|
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    The first screen looks amazing! :D

I'm with you on the whole vision thing. Everyone just needs to give this one a try. The possibilities are endless. You have the choice whether to take advantage of it or not!
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo
    Screens look very good guys...like them alot.

"The Woody Broken Down"...is this gramatically correct ;)

Also for those of you who have played thus far, how is the AI? Are people walking into dead ends, do they follow a pattern? Just wondering...
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

"The Woody Broken Down"...is this gramatically correct ;)

Well the name was "The Woody" so technically it's ok.

Who cares about the peeps? They can die for all I care as long as I have my coasters! :p
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    yeah how did you import them looks awesome SA.
    This is gonan rule. Bring on the Pipeline :)
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Importing Coasters - Learn here!

1. First off, Go to your RCT 1 or 2 folder.
    2. Go to the tracks folder.
    3. Select the track you'd like to use. Remember, it must be either a woody or a B&M Inverted!
    4. Copy it and go to the RCT3 Demo folder.
    5. Open up Track Designs folder and paste track file.
    6. Open the game. On the last button in the rides menu you'll find imported tracks. Select the track you'd like to build.
    7. Click on a place and enjoy.

Now, I'm having problems with coasters like Coloussus (sp?) from Six Flags Magic Mountain. It could be because of it being a six flags ride. I dunno. Anyway, not everything works and the physics are a bit different but most tracks should work. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading