General Chat / Official MLB Playoffs 2004 Thread

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Hahahaha! HI-larious! A-Rod got caught. :lol:

Great job to the umpiring crew btw.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    *crosses fingers*

Go SOX!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    GAME 7 HERE WE COME!!!! What an amazing series!!!!
  • Toon%s's Photo
    YESSSS!!!!!!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Oh, it's on now motherfuckers.
  • norancidfx241%s's Photo
    If interested heres some pics of the cheater caught in the act....

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041020/capt.nyy14010200328.alcs_red_sox_yankees_nyy140.jpg
    us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041020/capt.nyy15110200408.alcs_red_sox_yankees_nyy151.jpg

us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041020/i/r196232808.jpg

us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041020/capt.nyy14510200353.alcs_yankees_red_sox_nyy145.jpg

us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041020/i/r1790341615.jpg

us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041020/i/r2026569845.jpg

Nick

PS: GO SOX!!!!
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    This is the greatest post season collapse in MLB history.
  • Hyperpretension%s's Photo
    Incredible. Looks like my Animal House speech worked after all. LIEBER? Dead!

And now I shall try something completely different. Any fans of the footie should recognize this:

"When you do that in baseball it's like what he said about Leeds. I'll get really quiet, but I'll tell you something, A-Rod went down in my estimation when he did that. We have not resorted to that. But I'll tell ya, if he's watching this, we're still fighting that title. They've got to go to the stadium and win something, and I'll tell you, honestly, I would love it if we beat them. Love it! LOVE IT!"

And, for what it's worth, Wills Reed couldn't carry Curt Schilling's jock.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    About game 6 tomorrow...

ST. LOUIS -- Roger Clemens can relax. For now, Pete Munro is the Houston Astros' pick to pitch them into the World Series.

Ahead 3-2 in the NL Championship Series, manager Phil Garner studied it: the Rocket on three days' rest vs. a journeyman hit hard last week. On the team flight to St. Louis, Munro was told he would start Game 6 Wednesday against the Cardinals.

"I guess I was kind of overwhelmed," Munro said before Tuesday's workout at Busch Stadium. "I'm sure that they'd rather face me than Roger. I mean, I'd rather face me than Roger."

:lol:

Anyway, both of these series are going to game 7, that's for sure.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I wouldn't say Morris is a sure to pitch well tomorrow. We can hope for Clemens in game 7 tho.

As for A-rod...that was a nice bitch slap he put on Arroyo's glove. Congrats to the umps for getting both missed calls corrected. It just feels like the curse is lifting and the stars are aligning. Even in the 9th tonight, I didn't feel like the Yankees were gonna win. Usually they look like they know they're gonna pull it out, but not tonight. Nice to see New Yorkers still know how to behave at a sporting event too.

I just have a feeling about tomorrow. Can the stars finally be aligning.
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo
    FUCK the RedSox

that is all I have to say....oh and Go Yankees

this shit is giving my an ulcer.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    That was a very non-confident reply for a Yankee fan...
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    FUCK the Yankees, cheating sunuvabitches.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Tonight, Boston will either be rioting in jubilation or rioting in anger. Wouldn't it be bitter if they came all this way only to lose game 7? After all, no team in pro sports history has ever come back from 3-0... and there's a reason for that.

On the other hand, Boston fans BELIEVE. That'd be this year's slogan...
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    [font="Impact"]FUCK THE SOXS FUCK THE CARDINALS[/font]
    Go Stros Go Yanks!
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    I believe in the Sox.... I would stand by them even if they are to play against the Astros.... Sorry Fatha'...

Seriously, I would put my money on the sox tonight. But that would be a "Faith-Based Initiative...."
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    The curse hasn't been lifted till the Sox win the series. However, beimg the only team in history to win a series after a 0-3 defecit would be a big boost. LETS GO SOX!

and btw, when i first saw that the umps called A-rod safe and Jeter safe at home, i was like, fuck, this curse sucks. Then i see the slo-mo and see a-rod grab the glove and fuckin pull the ball out pretty much and im like WTF! Then the umps changed the plays and i was like, yay!

^I know, i dont make any sense...
  • ECC%s's Photo

After all, no team in pro sports history has ever come back from 3-0...

MLB history.

Go Sox.

Go Cards.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    There would be something fitting about taking down the Yankees in the way they are set up to do, then taking down the Astros and Clemens. It would be the sweetest justice for all Sox fans I would think. Here's hoping.

Tonight's game feels like a Series game 7 not an ALCS game 7. No offense to the Astros or Cards.

As for the coming back from 3-0 down. It's happened in the NHL twice. I would think given the fact that there are so many less variables in hockey that it would be a much easier task than in baseball. Your goalie gets hot and you can ride him for 4 straight games. In baseball, you need every member of your pitching staff to contribute to go on a run like this which is a much tougher task if you ask me.
  • ECC%s's Photo
    In that sense yes, but you know playing hockey is tougher than playing baseball. ;) canadian

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading