Related Games / RCT3...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

• tijlovic%s's Photo
    evil wme, i have that problem as well but not only with landscaping, also with the rest
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i know, but it tends to happen when i landscape large scale. when i click the land with the landscaping tool without changing anyhting, it dissapears. very strange, but might have something to do with the crack not fitting the patch.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

There are a few niggles, but i'm sure i'll get used to them.

Yes turtle, I too am glad that they've begun adding peeps of different races.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    I decided to try some of the scenarios yesterday. In the gunslinger scenario (I think that's what its called) every time I get half way through it, the game crashes and exits to the desktop. Anybody else have that problem? Not just on this scenario, but while playing in general...the game just quits.

Also, I was creating a pretty good scenario but I accidently deleted the entrance while removing paths. Now the peeps are just roaming around outside the park. Is there a way to replace the entrance in the scenario editor? If there is I couldn't find it, and if there isn't, why do they let you delete the entrance to begin with?

And...I also have the landscaping problem. It's not the graphics card...it is new and top o the line. But sometimes when I alter the terrain, large black , yellow, and red triangles shoot across the screen and the game locks up.

I so desperately want to love this game...but it's becoming more and more difficult to do.

supa'
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Am I the only one who doesn't constantly have problems?
    The ONLY problem I have had a lot was choppiness, due to only having a 64 bit card.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I get a lot of lag in game, and then it takes ages to quit the game, my computer then moves like a snail even though I have quite a good comp.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    I've never had a problem of any kind.

Here's my specs:

P4 2.8 GHz

1 GB RAM

NVIDIA GForce 128MB

I think a lot of the problems people are having are video driver related. I constantly update my drivers for everything. You should too.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    My Specs:

Nvidia Geforce FX 5700 (256mb)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

512 RAM

80 times 2 gb harddrives..

so it isn't my system.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I'm wanted to elaborate a little on the RCT3 arguments going on in some of the Ad District threads and felt this was a more appropriate place for it.

My feelings about RCT3 are similar to iris's, but can also understand the argument coming from people like SA, Disney Freak, Meretrix and others. SA's argument in the Disney Puerto Villa thread really has me thinking about several pros and cons when it comes to RCT3.

My defense for iris first. I think he makes a valid point about RCT3's graphics engine doing the "dirty work" for the parkmaker. I too, feel that any ol' shlum can make something look beautiful in RCT3 with only minimal thought or creativity. I mean, I have yet to see one screen from RCT3 that looks like absolute shit, despite the somewhat "cartoonish" appearance of the scenery. I think its safe to say the RCT3 game engine creates more beauty than the parkmaker, and therefore making parkmaker talent that iris strives to seek ambigious. On the other hand, RCT1 & 2 are not the same in this sense. Creativity and skill play major roles in these games, therefore making it more of a creative challenge to create something beautiful and completely original. This is where I think everyone is mistaken. Everyone is so caught up in the beauty of RCT3 that they don't realize how much work the game's graphic engine is doing for them. There is no real gauge for what is and what isn't amazing in RCT3, so until then, we can't say whether RCT3 requires sheer talent and creativity or whether its just the advancement of computer gaming software that is making up for it. Time and parkmaker innovation shall tell, I guess.

Now, on the defense of the RCT3 parkmakers. I'm still in awe of the beauty created so far from some of these RCT3 parks in progress. Its really nice to see people stepping up to the plate with this game. I think a lot of people have become bored, or even over-whelmed with RCT1/2 and this third installment brings a whole new 3d element to the RCT series that is extremely attractive. It really shows how people still want to keep this game fun, and not necessarily a big competition as to who can build the best park. This is why I shall give RCT3 a whirl myself. Even before I came to NE, I loved the concept behind RCT and I really think RCT3 contains that same sense of fun that will provide numerous hours of enjoyment. And who knows, maybe these hours of enjoyment will spark new creativity and innovation in parkmaking that never could have been captured in the first two games.

As for the game play itself, I can't really say much about it until I play it, but I do think that there are several bugs that already need to be worked out before this game really hits big with the RCT community. I guess that can only be expected from Atari, eh. Either way, I going to give the game a shot myself and am extremely excited about it.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    "Also, I was creating a pretty good scenario but I accidently deleted the entrance while removing paths. Now the peeps are just roaming around outside the park. Is there a way to replace the entrance in the scenario editor? If there is I couldn't find it, and if there isn't, why do they let you delete the entrance to begin with?"

The entrance buildings are available in the scenery selection. I think the tab for it is nearby the fireworks scenery.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I just wish it didn't require a graphics card one level up from the one in my laptop :(
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    Jkay is probably the one that descibed my opinion best. I played RCT3 but I'm not really exited about it. What he already described is that the 'good' graphics are making up for the creativity aspect, what in my opinion is a bit lacking in RCT3. Also the lack of overview and gameplay (especially controls) annoy me. Personally I don't think the graphics are good. Lots of old games that make a jump to 3D get ruined. The graphics in RCT3 aren't stunning or next-gen. Believe me: if you want good graphics then go play Doom 3, Farcry or Half Life 2 and be stunned about the graphics (assuming that you have the requirements to play them at high detail at good speed). BTW, if you are thinking buying one of those three then choose Half Life 2 :D

However RCT3 isn't all bad, but it's just not my game concerning rct2 is more of a design tool for me than a game. I love the coastercam, but No Limits is clearly a better choice if you want to design a good ride simply because the freeform track instead of the standard pieces like in RCT3.

Something else that bugged me (I know there's a cheat for it...) track friction. Many say that RCT1/2 physics weren't very accurate... I took a look at the Goliath at SFH in the game and it is pretty accurate concerning speeds to me...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading