Related Games / RCT3...The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

• insert username here%s's Photo
    It's just me, bitching about the game. I guess my only real complaint is that it's a pain to see all these improvements that they could have done but didn't. By the way, am i the only one who thinks they should have gotten rid of the grid system...?
  • GuestGRIDE%s's Photo
    Not to mention the developers got lazy and said nobody wants to make any underground tunnels. It even says so in the game manual. I'm gonna be really mad if there's not a patch to fix that. :@
  • Rockman89%s's Photo
    While the bugginess is very annoying, I think, with patching, the game has great potential. Frontier seems to be working hard to correct bugs. (Just look at the official forums) Hopefully atleast the speed will be improved. The 3D- engine is the breath of fresh air I was looking for after hating RCT2. Only time will tell how good RCT3 turns out to be. (Patch out Tuesday or Wednesday)
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    the bug that i have are two things.

1. (lesser problem) a ride will not be broken, will have a line. the ride will go on as normal but will not take any guests. which is frustrating, even after you call a mechanic and the mechanic comes and does a routine fix up. the ride is still not letting peeps ride the ride.

2. frequent crash's out of nowhere when building a new ride or just looking at your park. it says it has to be debugged. i have no debugging programs. so it'd be nice if someone knew a free program. also, i think its more of a game. look at my "testing 1,2,3" thread and see if it is my park that crash's or is it just my game.

thanks.
  • aerosmithrule%s's Photo
    Oddly enough I installed it last night and had NO problems with it what so ever... The only problem I had with it was the price Ugh..... $40.00 Wal Mart Price .. :bandit: "Mon de be smokin da biggest dooby I ever did see"

oh and as Rockman89 says LMAO- which this is very true for EVERY situation out there as in Command and Conquers game. "Only time will tell. mark my words only time will tell"
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    IMO:

Good: new rides, peep creator.

Bad: all of the GOD DAMN BUGS
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I just brought RCT3 (I said I wouldn't and I did in the end) Just wondering how the water button works as mines doing nothing at all.
  • Sparker9014%s's Photo
    Their some cliches on mine too i cant see the water it sounds weird and personally i dont like the whole 3d concept i liked rct2 way better t seemed more professional unfortunetley i sold hoping rcts3 would be better looks like im SOL :(
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I just brought RCT3 (I said I wouldn't and I did in the end) Just wondering how the water button works as mines doing nothing at all.

Create a valley, hole or whatever that has a point that's lower then all stuff in around it. Then click some where on the hole to let it flood

And Sparker: I feel the same way.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Does anyone else's log flume sometimes randomly stop before a drop? That gets annoying trying to tweak it. This was before the patch, tho. I haven't played it since I installed the thing, so that could be it.

Just wondering.
  • Sparker9014%s's Photo
    One more thing how many people think rct3 is better than rct 2?
  • tyandor%s's Photo

Does anyone else's log flume sometimes randomly stop before a drop?  That gets annoying trying to tweak it.  This was before the patch, tho.  I haven't played it since I installed the thing, so that could be it.

Just wondering.

From what I read that was fixed in the patch (happened most on diagonals.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo

It was trial and error for me, but it's pretty simple. After you lower the land in the area where you want the water to be, just click where you want the surface of the water to come to....it will automatically fill in any connecting areas below that level with water.

supertrooper
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Kill me now.....

FIrst complaint about RCT 3.....
    Sandbox park size is 132x132....

Raven-SDI
    §
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    I take it I need a bigger graphics card?. as I can put water into a park but can't see where it is really (you can only see it when you move the mouse over the water and you see a faint ripple) as I don't have the options to change the water to reflect the background and scenery
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Ann,
    To build a bigger park...you have to start the park in the SE,not the sandbox. Build the park in the SE...for several reasons. A....bigger parks (with the caveat that you can only place ride entrances and exits within that 132 x 132 default size).Good idea to keep the fence border around the park "on" until you're done, just so you don't screw up and build a station out of bounds....the game will let you build everything that is involved with a ride outside the boundaries (including stations), you just can't add entrances or exits to the "out of bounds" stations (I learned that the hard way). Bandito Ridge Falls is an example of building way outside the boundaries of the park. I just put the station with the entrance and exit on the very edge of the boundary...then build the ride all the way out to the edge of the park map (175 x 175). Very tricky, in that you now have to really think about ride station placement.

OK, sorry to ramble. Good luck with your venture Ann,,,,,I'm sure it'll be the "non stop ultimate"

Kisses,
    B
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    AAArrgghh! I had been building what I thought was a very nice park. It was based on BGW, and it had a Lochness Monster semi-clone, an Alpengeist inspired invert, and a very twisted woody. The entrance was complete and themeing was extensive...but as I was building the 4th coaster, a B&M hyper, the screen went black and exited to my desktop.

Also, as I was trying to build a Big Bad Wolf clone, I noticed that you can only have 1 car per train on a few types of the suspended trains (namely the one I wanted to use). I guess the patch didn't correct this problem for all types of coasters.

So...back to the drawing board.

supertrooper
  • lizzard98%s's Photo
    ok... you peeps are all probably going to be annoyed for me asking such a random question, but can you launch LIM coasters off the end of the track? and if so, can you ride them as they fly through the air? i just used that as a stress relief thing in RCT2, so i think it would work well if its in RCT3...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Yes. You can ride a coaster from launch to crash.

It's rather disorienting but fun in a strange way, really...
  • Madhollander%s's Photo
    pfff, the good (details)
    the bad (peeps are morons)
    and the ugly (why can't i place fence's along paths dammit, i build a nemesis clone with loads of pathing and almost all the freaking supports vanished, i have a floating rollercoaster, GDMMD !

and the looks, DA-AMN, rct1 and 2 looked cool and tight, rct3 looks like fun for a 2yr old, it looks to childish.

what's whit the new scenery option tabs ?, you keep on clicking and scrolling trough the lists, dude it annoys the hell outta me, building a building takes about twice the time as in rct2...

many things in the game i don't like, the simplicity of rct1 and 2 is no more, so many annoying and time consuming things...

gotta keep trying...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading