(Archive) Advertising District / Design

• Phatage%s's Photo
    Being that I didn't have the time to finish this before the deadline, I thought I would do what Heavydevy did and finish it anyway for a design. Its inspired by a new coaster I recently rode and one to be built next year, and is far from complete.

Posted Image
  • gir%s's Photo

and one to be built next year, and is far from complete.

Kanonen? And the one recently rode, Storm Runner? Should have inversions, really possibly unique inversions then. :)

It looks really nice, especially the supports. Interesting how it dives off the cliff too.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Oh that's just too sick, I want it to be real. :D

I'm liberated from my fusterations by shear thrill just looking at it. Yum.

ride6
  • X250%s's Photo
    That is some awesome hacking there Phatage, i love how you have used the impulse track to make it look as though it has vertical giga-track. That had me wondering for a while! But, your theming is fabulous- and the supports are better. No suggestions.

-X-
  • cg?%s's Photo
    The layout is nice, and I like the supports, but, it's just one screen of one drop, so...
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Very smooth hacking, and a nice idea, but i absolutely hate those vines...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

That is some awesome hacking there Phatage, i love how you have used the impulse track to make it look as though it has vertical giga-track. That had me wondering for a while! But, your theming is fabulous- and the supports are better. No suggestions.

-X-

I did that one and a half years ago.... 8@

J/P. It looks awesome, Phatage. Looks a bit sparse though.

(I really did make an Intamin tophat using hacked track a long time ago, though... anyone remember Myttica? :D)
  • Drew%s's Photo
    It looks good, but why didn't you just hack it so all of the track looked like Intamin track?
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Becuase the pullup on the Impulse track is too sharp on top becasue its inverted track, and the train goes inside the track and looks ghey...

Seeing that your homepark is GAdv...Im guessing the one you rode was Storm Runner and the one being built being Kingda Ka? (I hope i get to Op that next year)

Nice hacks going on there...very creative!

CH33
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Im guessing the one you rode was Storm Runner and the one being built being Kingda Ka?

Yeah

Thanks for the comments, just to let you know that there will be a cool hack or two in this that I haven't really used before, but I really going for a subtle creepy look rather than something like the Invador. I hope to get a pic up of part of the hayride portion of this ride, either by the swamp or the haunted mansion part.

Oh and Corky, of course I remember Mytyica, and even though h2h is messed up now, its still going down. ;)
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    How can anyone forget Myttica? It pretty much was the sole inspiration behind a section in my solo... Your coaster used a water coaster car though.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Damn Phatage....you weren't even gonna give me a chance. Thats some sick hacking and landscaping. Can't wait to see it finished.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    In my opinion the concept behind that part of the ride is incredible. Dropping 270 degrees straight down is one thing; dropping off the side of a cliff, utilizing the terrain in that way is a fantastic idea. I've been looking to try something similar myself with the side of a valley, except I can't hack for crap. 8@ Most comments in this thread are about the hacking, but I find the concept to be the best part.

Now the only thing I might personally change is the placement of the tower. I'd stick it on the cliffside, with maybe only one or two supports reaching over and down to the bottom of the cliff, and have the drop wind down through a little nook in the cliff. But that's just my own preference and the way you've done it is equally good.

Looking forward to seeing it.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Those supports are MAD...
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Intamin have come up with yet another inversion, this one they call the Cobra Loop Dive. Like some other of their inversions, this one is derived from an existing one you are all familiar with. Also, the water could not be drained so Intamin have had to be creative with their supports, as well as the traditional footers used in water having to be modified a bit. This allows the company to build supports as they would on land but underwater instead of having to build the footers extending overtop the water's surface.

Posted Image
  • X250%s's Photo
    That is freakin awesome. I love the supports and the inversion is pretty damn unique, very alike Intamin. The ivy does appear as though it is floating in places though... However, fantastic- the skulls work well.

-X-
  • Richie%s's Photo
    OMG thats awsome. Its simple in idea, but looks fantastic. I love those waterfall tunnels. The ivy looks okish but i think it would look better without, i dont really like the skulls (or at least the pole sticking out of its head) but other than that, perfect.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Underwater supports= Genius.

The fact that they're not glitching impresses me too. Nice. my only complaint is that it really isn't dark enough without folidge to feel anything like a swamp. Toons modified jungle bushes will work nicely to change that though.

ride6
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Im liking the coaster but I feel the land around it is bare and needs foilage and scenary.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    That inversion has been done, albeit on a smaller scale, by Toon in Secrets of Venice (i think?).

The screen is fantastic. Supports actually look realistic for once, especially in the water. I think some more foliage here and there would work, but it depends on the whole feel of the area. Only you can know that for sure. The colours are nice and forboding.

It's taken me a while to come round to your "style", so to speak, but i'm finally realising what i've been missing.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading