(Archive) Advertising District / Design

• JKay%s's Photo
    You'd definitely be up against Corky right now if you had finished this thing Phatage. Just incredible. The support work is some of the best I've seen and its really amazing that you were able to line up all those diagonal supports; which is not an easy task. The only problem I have is with the waterfall tunnel things...I think this would work better if you either made those land tunnels, or build some man-made tunnels or something. I also agree with everyone else about the lack of foliage, but I'm sure that will be taken care of. Can't wait to see this thing finished.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Turtle - I think Toon's was kinda the other way round, but similar idea nonetheless.

It looks ok, but I hope that you've put things into the design and theming that draw me in as much as, say, Epica did. Because at the moment it looks slightly sterile.
  • VC15SA%s's Photo
    Wow. Those supports are incredible. Although I do not like the ivy hanging down. I think it ruins the screen. It just doesn't fit. Other than that....wonderful.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Very neat stuff you got their Phatage. Underwater themeing is a great idea, nice to see your takeing the time to do it. Also nice job makeing my crappy scenery look good ;)
  • iris%s's Photo
    Looks awesome Phatage...you're easily my favorite parkmaker at the moment.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Posted Image

The screen isn't finished, but I'm toying around with how to make the mansion. The previous screen did not take place in the swamp as this one does, and hopefully it will all seem more clear in the game. Thanks for all your comments so far.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Im not a fan of all the roof.. seems too much. It might just be me though, i dont like those toon castle rooves much whereever they are used. I suppose it looks ok, though its hard to judge a mansion with such a small part of it.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Thats lookin' good Phatage but boy, do I wish toon had made the roof shingles colorable on those, simply because I'm really getting tired of seeing the pink.
  • X250%s's Photo
    I like that screen, it is very overgrown and it has an excellant theme. It is one of them screens where you could look at it for ages 'cos there is a lot going on. The idea is nice, and the building is great. My only complaint is that their may be too much roofing, but i suppose it adds to the creepy atmosphere. Overall, very nice. Can't wait for the download.

-X-
  • jon%s's Photo
    I don't like it. The roof is way too repetitive. I also don't like whatever those bushes are meant to be. Oh and I don't like some of the scenery like the skulls and that ugly tree trunk. And, sorry to pick holes, I don't like the green walls much. They don't fit IMO. Oh and the glass roofs in the bottom left corner...don't like them either. Sorry.

I really don't mean to sound so negative but I just don't like it.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Too many bushes is my only real complaint. Maybe use a different kind or something, possibly. Everything else is alright.
  • postit%s's Photo
    The ginormous roof really kills it. It's really too much. But I kind of like the overgrown feel.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    I don't think I can really judge it until I see the whole thing complete.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Thanks again for the comments, I've kept those things in mind and have improved the mansion. Anyway, here's a picture focused on the type of landscaping I plan to have on the cliff side, and I'd like to see how it could be better once you see what I'm going for.

Posted Image
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    Wicked.
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    I believe Mike Robbins was the first to do that Cobra roll thingy inversion ya.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Really nice subtle details, like the quarter tile land, the underwater scenery, and the support detail all make for an enjoyable picture.

I'm not sure on that piece of architecture, though. It looks sort of awful color-wise, but structurally brilliant, even though it doesn't seem to fit with the surroundings.

not sure about the clumps of bushes either. although i'm sure you have your reasons as to doing such a thing, because i can admit to doing it in many, many projects myself. :lol:
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Pic not working... :'(
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Lose/change the building. Apart from that, you're right. I can't see how it could be better...
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    One of those skulls has a big flower decoration on it's head.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading