H2H3 / Rules and Regulations for H2H-3

• iris%s's Photo
    -No player can go two consecutive weeks. That includes playoffs, etc. That does not include bye weeks. For example, if a player goes one week, then your team has a bye week the next week, the player still cannot play the next week. Basically, no parkmaker can submit a park two times straight.

-No two teammates may play together more then once. Pretty self explanatory.

-No player can go more then three times. That includes playoffs, so be careful how you use certain players. This ensures that everyone on the team gets their chance to participate.

-No more then ONE solo park allowed during the season, including playoffs. Only one person can make one solo park for the entire team the whole season. Use it wisely.

-No coach may try and persuade any players into doing something they can't. For instance, if a player cannot go three times, the coach can not punish or replace the player. If the player can not play a certain game that the coach wants, the coach can not punish or replace the player. You should have known these things when you drafted them.

-No non-participating coach may participate at all throughout the entire season, regardless of drop-outs. This ensures that the special fourth round pick in the draft stays fair.

-If a player drops out, the coach may not choose any player he wants to replace them. He must choose a player off the Replacement List, and the player must be approved by all coaches, to prevent less talented players to be replaced by superstars.

-There is no bench for H2H, but be reasonable. I will not set a designated map size, but if a team submits a map that all coaches decides is unreasonably too big, the park will be disqualified and entered in as a NE Design.

-There are no rules on creating scenery. Go wild with that one.

-Absolutely cannot add a player's name to a park that he did not participate in. If this is done, the team will forfeit the entire season, and the coach will no longer be allowed to participate in any future H2H (as player or captain). Again, ensuring all players get to play, and also making sure that the coaches stay true to the rules of H2H.

-Any coach found snooping through another team's forums (if you miraculously guess their password) will have a temporary ban from New Element, which would encompass all of H2H. This would allow for no parks from this captain, and a replacement captain would then be named.

-You may not put your name on a H2H park in any way. These will be voted on anonymously, so any park that has any sign of the parkmakers name will not be counted. This includes staff, mosaic signs, underwater land coloring, any clever ways of putting your name in that are counted will lead in automatic DQ. The parks will be revealed at the end.

- All matches from now on will have a maximum five day limit, or 120 hours after they are posted. A match may be called well before that if it is obvious that one park will win, but in the case of a very tight, back and forth matchup, the final score will be called exactly five days after the park is posted. During the regular season, the score will hold, win or tie. However, during the playoffs, should the score still be tied after exactly five days, a special "recount" will be issued. A new poll will be set up for exactly 24 hours before it is closed, featuring the same question, but ideally less time to allow for any "cheat" votes. Should that still result in a tie, a special impartial three or five person committee will be set up to judge the parks.

- In regular season standings, ties count less than wins but are better than losses. Mathematically, you could say a tie is like .49 wins. Upon the conclusion of the season, wins take precedence above all. For example, 5-2-0 is better than 4-2-1. 5-2-0 is also better than 4-1-2. However, should two teams have an equal number of wins, the team with less losses as the advantage. For example, 4-1-2 is better than 4-2-1, and 5-1-1 is better than 5-2-0.

- In the event two teams fighting for the same playoff spot, the tiebreak procedures go like this:1. The team with the better head to head record advances.
    2. The team with the better record within its division advances.
    3. The team with the better record against the other division advances.
    4. The team with more total votes throughout the season (add up how many votes it got in each matchup) advances.
    It's unlikely it'll ever get to the last one, but if it does, that's just my way of keeping voter turnout high, as it might come back to matter, even in a blowout. Votes will be counted according to what is listed in the SCORES thread. Those scores are whatever the score is when I post the first matchup for the following week, not what the score is when I officially call a match (since often, people still vote afterwards, and I encourage this).

The first park will be due in THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY.
    Due Date: December 3, 2004. Send all parks to iris2486@bellsouth.net with your name in the e-mail subject, NOT in the park title.

So have fun, and play fair!
  • Kumba%s's Photo

-There is no bench for H2H, but be reasonable. I will not set a designated map size, but if a team submits a map that all coaches decides is unreasonably too big, the park will be disqualified and entered in as a NE Design.

Um ok but if its 60x60 theirs no problem I assume? that was the max size befor. And I really think their should be a set limit, coz if not weeks or maybe even months of hard work could go for nothing..
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo

-Any coach found snooping through another team's forums (if you miraculously guess their password) will have a temporary ban from New Element, which would encompass all of H2H. This would allow for no parks from this captain, and a replacement captain would then be named.

Surely the captains should be given the option to choose/change the teams password, not that I don't trust you Iris but you know all of the passwords and are hardly going to punish yourself for looking through other teams forums.
  • posix%s's Photo
    map size. there has to be a minimum and maximum to orientate on.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I agree. Map size should be a set range like 50 min and 70 max. Then it can't become an issue down the road. It either meets the requirement or not.
  • iris%s's Photo
    TPM...it honestly doesn't matter. Since I am the administrator I could just find out your passwords anyway, meaning if I wanted to look through someone else's forum, it doesnt matter if I know the pass or not. But I assure you, I never have in the other two, and I have no desire to. I do H2H strictly for the fun of it, and I wouldn't have made the anonymity rule if I personally didn't want it to be a secret.

And 50 X 70 sounds good.
  • spiderman%s's Photo

And 50 X 70 sounds good.

Do you mean 50 X 70? Or 50 X 50 to 70 X 70?
  • iris%s's Photo
    lol shoudl have worded that better.
    Mininum is 50x50.
    Maximum is 70x70.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Right, no side of the map can have less than 50 or more than 70 squares.
    And unless I'm mistaken, you cannot create a rectangular map.
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo
    Unless of course you use the black tiles cBass made, I believe, which can give the appearance of a rectangle...

I just say stick with judgement. If it seems too big, it is too big, and so forth. Just to be on the safe side people should stick with 50x50 through 70x70.
  • John%s's Photo
    Isn't that just repeating what was already said? ??? ;)
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

Isn't that just repeating what was already said?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And unless I'm mistaken, you cannot create a rectangular map.

------>

Unless of course you use the black tiles cBass made, I believe, which can give the appearance of a rectangle...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The rest was just said to re-iterate after taking the idea to another place. :D
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I think the minimum should be 50x50 and the maximum should be 70x70. But that's just me.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    lmfao
  • Kumba%s's Photo

The first park will be due in THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY.
    Due Date: December 3, 2004. Send all parks to iris2486@bellsouth.net with your name in the e-mail subject, NOT in the park title.

That came so fast :p
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think there might be an extension. :D

Don't worry, the Hurricanes will still kick ass anyway. ;)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^Not from what I've heard. ;)

Oh well, we'll see in the morning.

ride6
  • John%s's Photo
    Why an extension? ???
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I just want H2H3 to start as soon as it can so things can get going around here.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think there might be an extension.  :D

yes please
    more time would be great if an extension means that the following weeks would also get more time.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading