H2H3 / Rules and Regulations for H2H-3

• Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Why is there an extension? Some peoples teams actualy work hard and bother to get the parks done on time, if others can't they should suffer for it and forfeit.
  • posix%s's Photo
    there hasn't been an official announcement about an extension. don't loose your temper.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I think all the teams have a park in? so an Extension would be really strange in that case.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    An extention isn't fair at all. People have had plenty of time to get a park in, and if some of us teams can do it, then there shouldn't be any problem for others.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I said "might." Just pure speculation anyway. So hold your horses. We'll see if there is/was, and in any case, this forum's been so dead lately a little discussion is prolly helpful. :D
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    this is a bit stupid.....
    deadlines are deadlines. And if this is an extension are all rounds extended in the same way...

good start
  • jon%s's Photo
    Iris, you said in your donation topic that the site is no longer the active place it once was and delaying H2H won't improve that. I know your busy but if you continiue to hold it off, people will just start losing motivation in it and it'll result in another re-draft, delaying it even longer. Week 2 is coming up soon and if you don't get week 1 results up soon, it's going to create a backlog and it'll all be messed up. It may only be the first week but whats to say, that other weeks aren't going to be delayed. Again, I know your busy, but you need to get organised if you want the site to be active again.

jon.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^ I agree, however there is one thing you don't understand. We have until one week after he posts the week 1 results until the week two park is due.

Get it?

ride6
  • jon%s's Photo
    ^
    Oh yea..seems logical. Forget that comment then.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The following rules have been added to the set:

- All matches from now on will have a maximum five day limit, or 120 hours after they are posted. A match may be called well before that if it is obvious that one park will win, but in the case of a very tight, back and forth matchup, the final score will be called exactly five days after the park is posted. During the regular season, the score will hold, win or tie. However, during the playoffs, should the score still be tied after exactly five days, a special "recount" will be issued. A new poll will be set up for exactly 24 hours before it is closed, featuring the same question, but ideally less time to allow for any "cheat" votes. Should that still result in a tie, a special impartial three or five person committee will be set up to judge the parks.

- In regular season standings, ties count less than wins but are better than losses. Mathematically, you could say a tie is like .49 wins. Upon the conclusion of the season, wins take precedence above all. For example, 5-2-0 is better than 4-2-1. 5-2-0 is also better than 4-1-2. However, should two teams have an equal number of wins, the team with less losses as the advantage. For example, 4-1-2 is better than 4-2-1, and 5-1-1 is better than 5-2-0.

- In the event two teams fighting for the same playoff spot, the tiebreak procedures go like this:1. The team with the better head to head record advances.
    2. The team with the better record within its division advances.
    3. The team with the better record against the other division advances.
    4. The team with more total votes throughout the season (add up how many votes it got in each matchup) advances.
    It's unlikely it'll ever get to the last one, but if it does, that's just my way of keeping voter turnout high, as it might come back to matter, even in a blowout. Votes will be counted according to what is listed in the SCORES thread. Those scores are whatever the score is when I post the first matchup for the following week, not what the score is when I officially call a match (since often, people still vote afterwards, and I encourage this).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading