RCT Discussion / The RCT design thread

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    All these sketches are great. I've never made any concept art for any of my work, since I've never had much talent as a draftsman, sculptor, painter, collagist, or anything of the sort. I know, you're not exactly shocked. Occasionally I've modeled out things in the game beforehand, but that rarely seems to help too much. My talent seems to be at its peak when I just model out ideas and experiment in the game, then assembling tricks that clearly work into a whole and combining them with an idea in my head that inspires me to build. That's why I'm a madman with Codex but can't play RCT2 well to save my life. Only when I'm under extreme limitations am I able to come up with any sort of truly redeeming work.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    RCTFAN, this is awesome. It seems you put a lot of time in it. :)

Edited by lucas92, 03 June 2008 - 07:23 PM.

• tyandor%s's Photo
    This is one hell of a topic kicker RCTFan. You seem to have put a lot of work in it.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Well the effort paid off in the grade so :). sorry again for posting it 3 years late.
  • X250%s's Photo
    Its more interesting than my A2 graphics coursework. Which was on a
    lava lamp.

Im embarassed to show images of mine. :)

-X-
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I've only ever doodled out rough plans for upcoming parks during class. Also, one time, for Blackwood (I think that's the name of the design I lost-can't remember) I drew a picture of what I wanted the textures of the wall to be and the colors.
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Well now that my computer crashed and lost everything I have ever built. I might as well show some of my concept drawings for a Deisgn I was calling Corsair.

I never got too far with it, as I could never complete a decent layout for the coaster. Maybe once my new computer arrives I will continue it. I rarely ever have time to play the game anymore now working almost 70 hours a week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have a notebook full of drawings of things that I hope to one day build in rct2.
  • nin%s's Photo

I have a notebook full of drawings of things that I hope to one day build in rct2.

Same here.

Speaking of which, here are just some quick (VERY quick :rolleyes: ) sketches of my upcoming park.
    Hopefully I'll have some of better quality later on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep in mind, VERY quick.
    Hopefully you'll see these in rct relatively soon.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Why can't I see any of your screens??
  • nin%s's Photo
    could it be that I'm using photobucket?

btw, I'll post a few more soon, showing revised sketches of the ones shown above.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Updated pic of the one shown above. Once again, these were made just so I could throw my ideas out. Later on I may show the final, higher quality pic to show what made the final cut.

You may be able to figure out what it'll be ;).
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    haha! nin I LOVE YOU <3
  • nin%s's Photo
    I'm guessing you know what it is?? ;)
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    i have a vague idea but the pic is georgous which is why i love you :p
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    Not as good as yours but it's still okay I'd say!

Posted Image

Was for a special park. :)
  • nin%s's Photo
    Build that please.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    Tried it already about 6-7 months ago I'd say but that was after not having played rct for a LONG time!
    When I've time again I might build it. :)

Fisch
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    ^^^ lol, was Kumba involved? Looks good.
  • Fisch%s's Photo
    No that was just me! :)
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    You with my idea :p
    You know that I like it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading