News / NE4 Genesis

• Levis%s's Photo
    changed some of the shares already of older parks I contributed in.
    very nice system guys.
    one thing I was missing actually was award scores.
    I see the awards are linked to parks in the database etc. and so I tought it might be cool if those awards gave some bonus poins or something like that.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

So how do I add parks to the db that haven't been released on NE and not submitting them?

Go to 'Submit Park'

Under Submission Type select 'None (non competative)'

Then submit it, it will go into the database, once Posix or Gee have authorized it, it wont go to voting.
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    I just want to chime in and share my appreciation for the new site. It really is amazing and the effort put into it goes above and beyond. This is very good stuff.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    so. going to submit some old work now which isn't in the db yet (and should be :p ).
    can you also add your own ariels/screens when its submitted (as non compatative)?
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Added in writeups to my page. Very cool features here. I haven't checked it out fully but it seems that the old Parkmaker pages are deleted and replaced by the DB page for the user. But for the retirees this means that all of their former Parkmaker page writeups on their parks are gone. It's not huge but I was wondering if this was going to be addressed.

Edited by Milo, 08 July 2010 - 11:41 AM.

• Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    You know, I think one of the best things that was changed was Ipod capability. Ne is much faster on my Ipod now. :)
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

so. going to submit some old work now which isn't in the db yet (and should be :p ).
    can you also add your own ariels/screens when its submitted (as non compatative)?

Maybe we should give them a chance to finish filling out the database first? posix mentioned upthread that it wasn't quite full yet. Flooding them with old work won't help matters.

-ACE
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    what seperates hall of famers from the current list? I don't understand.

also no parkmakers?? I don't know what to aim for now... I'm so confused

Edited by Cocoa, 08 July 2010 - 12:04 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    ^reading would help heh

Current list is any releases of yours in the last year that decays. Hall of fame is all your points ever in the history of the universe added together that doesn't decay.

current is where you stack up with recent parks and parkmakers. Hall of fame is where you stack up with all the retirees and such.

Edited by Milo, 08 July 2010 - 12:00 PM.

• dmaxsba%s's Photo
    Missed out on versions 1 and 2 and I thought 3 was as good as any other site but this makeover is extreme and I love it. The Home page is just amazing! :mantis:
  • Levis%s's Photo

Maybe we should give them a chance to finish filling out the database first? posix mentioned upthread that it wasn't quite full yet. Flooding them with old work won't help matters.

-ACE

I tought that was about some screens etc. not working yet. I didn't tought it was about parks which still where missing. besides most of the parks I send won accolades on other sites so probally wont be mapped anyway
  • Alpengeistfan1%s's Photo
    You know, I've been looking around on this, and I've found that you can't go back straight back to the AD once you're in a topic. You have to go back into Forums Index, then scroll down into the AD. I thought that it was a really useful feature to just click on an AD link at the top of the page.
  • That Guy%s's Photo
    Nevermind.

Edited by That Guy, 08 July 2010 - 01:43 PM.

• Comet%s's Photo
    Well done boys
    well done
  • RCTCA%s's Photo

... But for the retirees this means that all of their former Parkmaker page writeups on their parks are gone. It's not huge but I was wondering if this was going to be addressed.

That's the same thing I was thinking.

Anywho, WOW, NE4 looks amazing. I got worried last night as I couldn't reach the site and thought it got hacked. Then I saw the.. "It's coming" logo, and got excited. GREAT, GREAT job guys - the best site out there is even better than ever before! :D
  • John%s's Photo
    Two thumbs up. :mantis:
  • That Guy%s's Photo

Wouldn't this be an appropriate time to fiesta? :idea:

Oh yeah, and this. :D
  • MadraDot%s's Photo
    Awesome stuff. I never liked all those outdated parkmaker pages, and now that's gone... Great job! Now it all looks confusing but it'll grow on me for sure.
  • Levis%s's Photo

You know, I've been looking around on this, and I've found that you can't go back straight back to the AD once you're in a topic. You have to go back into Forums Index, then scroll down into the AD. I thought that it was a really useful feature to just click on an AD link at the top of the page.

thats a complain I want to double.
    the navigation bar which is there when you are commenting is missing in the normal threat view.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    This is absolutely amazing. Really nice job guys.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading