(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Carano Forest

• hobbes%s's Photo
    Carano Forest
    (name subject to change)

This is the lastest venture I've started. Made in LL, obviously.
    The map is somewhere around 85x 85 if I remember correctly, but oh well.

Anyway, planned areas are Ravenswood Forest (shown below), as well as an unnamed Egyptian area.
    Posted Image
    Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
    ---------

Comments welcome.
    (whoops, forgot to water flowers...)
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    Wow. Very nice.

I would probably just change the colors of the windowsills, as to make the whole atmosphere brighter.

Really no complaints, it looks great.
  • Alienated%s's Photo
    It reminds me of Raindrop Riviera... but thats a good thing. :D

I like it so far.

But just to be picky, water your flowers before you take a screen.

-Alienated-
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    A pet peeve of mine is putting walls next to a building's side as you did on the far left building.

Aside from that, it looks quite nice =)
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I like it, aside from the few bare patches of dirt here and there. It has a nice feel to it.
  • Toon%s's Photo

I like it, aside from the few bare patches of dirt here and there. It has a nice feel to it.

What bare patches of dirt?
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    @Geoff: I'll consider changing the colors, but I have an idea of how to brighten the colors that I didn't want to show yet. We'll see how it turns out...
    @Alienated: Never seen Raindrop Riviera. I'm trying not to look at too many other parks so that what I do is really the result of my own creativity. Also, I forgot to water the flowers. That'll be taken care of before the release. ;)
    @freak: I would normally agree with your statement, but I've tried both ways and I think this works better. The extra wall makes the whole thing more visible.
    @Toon: There are a few unfinished areas towards the top of the screen.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. :)
    I'm really enjoying doing this area, and LL as a whole.
    I think LL suits the style I'm developing better than rct2 does, although I enjoy both games.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    Wow. I like it a lot.

It has that classic RCT1 atmopshere. Keep it up.
  • posix%s's Photo

It reminds me of Raindrop Riviera...

yeah, me too. but rr isn't much worth so it doesn't matter.
    my thoughts of the screens are that the park looks pretty beginner-ish so far and hence doesn't reach me much.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    As said, its very pleasant and peaceful, but lacks any shock or "wow" value....
  • Murdock%s's Photo

As said, its very pleasant and peaceful, but lacks any shock or "wow" value....

...and that's why I really like this screen.
    I'm hoping this style will be in the hole park.
  • hobbes%s's Photo

...and that's why I really like this screen.
    I'm hoping this style will be in the hole park.

Correct.

posix, you saw my last try in LL.
    Even if this is still "beginner-ish", at least it's a large improvement on my last effort. :lol:

Thanks again for the comments. :)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]yeah, me too. but rr isn't much worth so it doesn't matter.[/font]

I love that park.

But anyway, it's nice looking. But I don't know.. It seems too dark, maybe. You could put more trees, or taller shrubs, on that stretch of land down at the bottom. It's not bad for a start.
  • Geoff%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]yeah, me too. but rr isn't much worth so it doesn't matter.[/font]

rr was the current spotlight when I first encountered ne. It's primarily the reason why I joined.[/sucking up]
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Yeah, RR is among my favorite spotlights, and this does remind me of it. A bit overuse of the castle walls though...maybe try something different in spots? Also, go for more variation and spice it up a bit. Not bad at all though, very relaxing feel to it.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Will you people please just tell posix RR sucks it's obviously what he wants to hear. :angel:
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    It looks like a good start, but where's the forrest?
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    This is the developed section you could say. The forest is more near the coaster.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

What bare patches of dirt?

Whoops, my bad - I'd mistaken the brown paths in the middle for dirt. My apologies...
  • Toon%s's Photo

Whoops, my bad - I'd mistaken the brown paths in the middle for dirt. My apologies...

thought so.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading