(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Carano Forest

• hobbes%s's Photo
    This dropped pretty far down, so I figured I'd update.
    Shown below is the lift and a small section of the two racing woodies also in the Ravenswood Forest section. The coasters are currently named Odin and Thor, but that will probably change once I come up with something better. The Ravenswood Forest section is about 50% complete, but I have made little progress on the Egyptian area. Oh well, I'm still having alot of fun with the park, I just have less time to work on it.

Posted Image
    Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
    ---------

Comments welcome.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Awesome coasters.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    The Coaster looks really good, aside from the colors... I think if you change that green to a tan it would be more pleasing.

But as far as the theming goes... I'd personally delete all the trees, refine the landscape a bit--looks alright, but a little too choppy--change some of the land textures so it's not all rocks, put less trees in clumps and use a 1/4 tile tree so you can spread the forrest out better, and make a little villiage or some type of theming besides the boring (but redone!) trees.

I don't want to be too harsh, but that's what I would do.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    The coasters do look fucking awesome. But I'm not sure about the rock land, maybe try dirt. And you should also hack some bushes under those trees, it'll make it look a lot better.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I agree. Great coasters, even though I disagree with your tree selection, or maybe it's the ground that they've been placed on...
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    In my opinion, trees shouldn't be placed on rocky land. And the landscape needs smoothing out quite a bit. You don't even really need all those trees there, they only block the view of the coasters. Which, incidentally, look amazing.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    NO TREE ON ROCKS!

I like the look of the coasters though and the colors too, don't change them. Change some of the rocks out for mud/grass mix and make sure that they're (the rock and grass/mud) are always 5 feet apart verically.

Do this^ and it'll be excellent

ride6
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments. :)

I can't use too much dirt land, as that is what the entire area is based upon. I'll try some of the grass/dirt, but I don't mind the rock with trees, so there will probably still be some rock in there still. Bushes will be added, as well as some trees removed to provide better views of the coaster. I will try to smooth the landscape out a bit, but the coasters make this difficult. There has to be a path cut for them, and they go over the entire face of the mountain.

Coaster colors stay.

I'm considering placing a small village on the mountain, but this will be difficult because of the coasters. Plus, there is a larger, well established village at the base of the mountain, and I don't want to "overtheme." I'll try it though, as I had the same idea.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I think you should keep the trees on rocks look. The dirt land is getting so boring, and this gives a pretty cool effect. Coaster looks cool too. Good that you're sticking to your original idea.

ride6, stop trying to make every park look the same... "Change some of the rocks out for mud/grass mix and make sure that they're (the rock and grass/mud) are always 5 feet apart verically." Yeah, that's original.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    very nice :) b
    I like it your style.. wooden coater looks very powerful
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    that screen is great. good stuff.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Update?
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I just noticed this now that it has been bumped.. I like the looks of the screens.. the woodie looks like a nice duel. good stuff.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    mmmm, an update would be nice wouldn't it...
    If only I had some new work to show...

Perhaps sometime next weekend.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I've had some free time up here in Canada, and I've been playing around with this park.
    I've now mostly finished the "Ravenswood Forest" section, and I'm progressing on towards the "Lost Oasis" section. Generic name, I know.

Anyway, here are two early shots of some small theming on the Egyptian side of the park.
    Posted Image

Posted Image
    ---------
    Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting.

Comments welcome.
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    I know its very unfinished, so i cant give you as just comment really. It looks kinda boring and undetailed, but thats just me perhaps. I am also not to keen on the blueish, gray paths on the roof either.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I love it.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    The trees throw it off. Cacti, 1/4 bushes, a 1/4 tree here and there woulld work alot better.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    I'm hoping these are REALLY early screens. The architecture is really bland at the moment. I can see some potential for some well placed trackitecture, and it really needs either just that or something similar to spice up the area.

As for your foliage, don't use weeping willow trees anywhere that's deserty unless water is very close and the tree is on green or semi green land. Instead of the current foliage, I'd suggest very low, scrub-like patches that add the necessary greenery while keeping the open, deserty feeling. If you do use some taller foliage, use something like the cabbage tree (which I'm pretty sure is in LL...it's been a while since I've worked in LL). Should you use that, only use it close to your architecture as it's foliage that would require some shelter from the desert winds. Also, unlike what Silenced suggested, don't use cacti...they don't fit with an Egyptian theme. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see cacti, I immediately think of the American Southwest...not Egypt.

Otherwise, everything is shaping up fairly well. Keep at it!
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    i dont know if i like all the roman walls there, but it looks nice for now

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading