H2H3 / Game 2: Hurricanes vs Flying Germans

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY. THIS VOTE WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE NORMAL H2H VOTING PROCESS.

Due to the ridiculously close nature of Game 2 and the suspicious way of how one team almost immediately catches up after the other goes up by one or a couple of votes, I am instating a special 24-hour vote. This will be a REPLY-ONLY vote. This means that your vote will be cast in the form of your reply.

To vote, please fill out the following form:

=========================================================

[font="times"]Park you are voting for:

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park:

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park:

Why you made your final decision:

[/font]

These do not have to be huge CoasterEd essay. Just a couple of sentences in each case are welcome, but this is to access the validity of each vote. This means that if you just say 'Hurricanes park was cool,' you have a greater chance of having your vote discounted.

Admittedly, if you are a more recognized name, you won't necessarily have to write so much. If you are relatively unknown, then you will have to express your opinions more convincingly. Yes, this is slightly unfair towards n00bies or low post count people, but it is necessary to assure a fair vote. Besides, if you evaluate the parks well, then you should have no problem explaining yourself in a satisfactory way.

This is a complete revote. Everyone must post in this topic if he wishes to have his choice count. Even if you posted in the other thread, you must repost here. I highly suggest, then, that Hurricane and Flying German team members post here. If you don't reply with your vote, it won't count. No one gets freebies. Furthermore, incomplete ballots are subject for omission from the vote count. That means FILL OUT ALL FOUR PARTS.

This thread is for votes only. Please post ONLY ONCE with your ballot. Leave all other comments and replies in the H2H Finals Discussion thread. Any posts that are not official votes will be deleted on sight. This means that no one except me will have more than one post here (I will need to reply to cast my own vote). Also, the NE admins reserve the right not to count any votes if they suspect it is not sincere.

These rules are binding and final. For reference, here is this week's matchup:

Hurricanes
    The Day After Tomorrowland

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD HERE

Flying Germans
    The Pyramid Connection

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD HERE

Finals Park Match THREE Will be Due SUNDAY, MAY 15, 2005.

THIS VOTING THREAD WILL BE CLOSED IN 24 HOURS, WHICH AMOUNTS TO 1:35 PM Pacific Time and 4:36 Eastern Time. Cast your votes now.

UNOFFICIAL SCORING (to be updated whenever I check)
    HURRICANES:
    01. Kumba
    02. chapelz
    03. JKay
    04. Corkscrewed
    05. Richie
    06. RCTNW
    07. tracidEdge
    08. iris
    09. cg?
    10. Turtle
    11. Dark-Daxter
    12. Phatage
    13. Titan
    14. Geoff
    15. Raven-SDI
    16. OhioCoasteRFreaK36
    17. Buckeye Becky
    18. Panic
    19. postit
    20. metalface
    21. hobbes
    22. Drew
    23. gymkid dude
    24. Blitz
    25. Six Frags
    26. supertrooper
    27. d4rkj4nu5
    28. killing moon
    29. Jacko Shanty
    30. penguinBOB

FLYING GERMANS:
    01. Leighx
    02. Metropole
    03. posix
    04. Marshy
    05. artist
    06. x-sector
    07. Themeparkmaster
    08. Splash-O
    09. gir
    10. MindMender5
    11. rctfan1556
    12. CoasterEd
    13. Gutterflower
    14. GigaForce
    15. CoasterForce
    16. Valp
    17. MightyMouse
    18. mantis
    19. Master Jay
    20. RaoulXpres
    21. sixflagsfreak56
    22. ride6
    23. Steve
    24. disneylandian192
    25. trav
    26. Madhollander
    27. Wicksteed
    28. Murdock
    29. super rich
    30. jon
    31. stargazer

HURRICANES 30
    FLYING GERMANS 31
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: The Day After Tomorrowland

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: Much more too see, loads of detail and neat ideas, the more "fun" of the 2 imo.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Nice, but not much more then that, other then a neat hacked coaster and some good atmospher just not really much to see.

Why you made your final decision: Being the captain of the Hurricanes maybe? Also a game 3 would be great, just one park for all the marbles with the big guns fighting it out.
  • chapelz%s's Photo

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: Lots to see and nearly pulled off the idea.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Didn't come close to pulling off the idea imo. And adding like two little details isn't going to trick me and make me think that you spent time on it. It looks rushed almost.

Why you made your final decision: I enjoyed the Hurricanes park more and want to see a match three.
  • JKay%s's Photo

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: A wacky, crazy thing of a park. Timed explosions weren't anything new. I did not like all the animated scenery that made the park very choppy. There were however, several amazing ride ideas and stunning use of colors. Some good and bad architecture. More of a wierd experiment than a stand-out park for me, but it had the slight advantage here. More creative, more ideas

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: A "nice" park at best. None of the themes really made me hold my breath. The 4-way splitter, although not innovative, was well-done and made for a nice centerpiece in the park. I did not like the pyramid that surrounded it however

Why you made your final decision: I felt the Hurricanes park demonstrated more skill, creativity and execution of ideas.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: The Day After Tomorrowland (HURRICANES)

It was a clash of colors that really never matched. What started out as a great idea kind of lost steam as the deadline approached, and the result was a good idea gone a bit awry. The hacks were nice but nothing hugely special, and the lagging really hurt. The robot turned out a lot better than I expected, especially with the ride in it. I liked the little bots running around, and the rides were nice. However, the park as a whole wouldn't be "Finals Quality" for me.

This was another "good idea that disappointed." The central glass pyramid was pretty ugly and the splitters were blantantly gimmicked. They didn't even do much! The actual architecture of the areas around were pretty nice though. Intricate, skillfully crafted, but nothing new. Still, it is good. However, this whole park doesn't really work as a mini. As a full park, it could function much better, since you could have elaboration on each area, but at this size, there's not enough.

Team loyalty, naturally. I do think that our park is slightly better than their's, tho sadly, that doesn't mean much. Of course, compared to the norm, both are pretty good, but under the circumstances, and especially after last week, both appear mediocre at best. Ultimately, if I had to judge unbiasedly, it seemed that the Canes put more effort (even if it was misguided) than the Germans. The Pyramid Connection just didn't interest me that much. It had stuff, but it didn't give that impression.
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    Vote: Flying Germans

I voted Flying Germans because overall it was alot more peaceful atmoshpere and didn't try to overcrowd the map.

Hurricanes:

Didn't really like it a great deal, a horrible colour selection in the yellow and green area. And too many hacks and explosions. Just an very over busy feel. IMO

Flying Germans:

A completely different theme to the other one a nice peaceful and uncrowded park, the only thing i didnt like too much was the glass in the pryamids. Thought the egyptain part was the best and the spliting coaster added a nice touch.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: HURRICANES

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: More to see, and much much more interesting.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Quite boring, nothing new, same plain old parkmaking style that is in every park these days.

Why you made your final decision: Hurricanes park was 10x better, 10x more interesting. And im a hurricane anyway :)
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: Was fun to look at in game and I thought the Robot was cool

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Like others, it was nice but did not really grab or hold my attention which I had hoped it would.

Why you made your final decision: although the Germans’ park was a great park, I had more fun at the Canes’ park.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:
    The Day After Tomorrowland

It was a really fun park to look at. All the hacks were enjoyable, and I thought they added to the theme. The colors could have been better, but I felt they somehow suited the wackiness of the park. All the little bots running around were neat, and that big robot was a really cool sculpture.

Boring. This park made me want fall asleep. I don't think I've looked at a more boring park. The only good area, imo, was the mexican. The chinese area just seemed empty, and that wooden coaster isn't all it's made out to be. The egyptian area was also lacking, however, it was better than the chinese. it had a good atmosphere, but didn't have enough to keep my attention. That pyramid was ugly as fuck, and the splitting coaster was pointless.

For one, I would like to see a third playoff game. But, the main reason I voted for the Hurricanes was because the park was so much funner than the Germans'. It had so much more to it, than the Pyramid Connection which seemed empty and uninspired.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Vote: FLYING GERMANS

Canes:

Horrible is the main word that comes to mind. The colour selection was totally random and seemed to require little thought. Along with the ridiculous structures created quite an eyesore. Random crashes that made very little sense to me as I could hardly follow anything due to it running slowly on my computer as a result of overhacking. Lots of random rides that turn into other bits of track (like the wild mouse that turned into the horrifically coloured wooden coaster for no apparent reason) made everything really hard to follow and it was hard to interpret the meanings or purpose of any of the rides. And what was with the slc car going around on wild mouse and steel twist tracks? I mean, wtf? Anyway, I didn't enjoy this at all, if you couldn't tell.

Germans:

Yeah, pretty good. I liked the idea behind it. Pretty nice. The pyramid wasn't that good IMO, didn't like the use of glass in there though. The architecture was generally nice, nothing to write home about. The landscaping is the parks' forté imo. Very nice, especially in the mexico section. It's spelt Montezuma or Moctezuma btw The rapids ride was pretty ok. I quite liked the twist on top of the mini pyramid/maya type structure. The egypt section was good, perhaps didn't catch the deserty feel like i think an egypt area should, but still nice. The chinese section was cool, i really liked the colour of the woodie which was surprising. Also showed great landscaping. A job well done.

Reason: See the above reasons.
  • posix%s's Photo

the hurricanes' park was interesting as well. it had these whoa, this is huge moments. you tried hard, it shows, and it pays off somewhat, but i think there was more to see in our park and apart from the hacks hardly anything can appeal. well, the custom ride was absolutely lovely. as for the rest, i don't know, we've had this stuff in the playoffs already and industrial themes have never convinced me in rct2 for some reason.

wow, i hadn't seen our park before and i must say i quite like it. it was clean and tidy, it had good shops everywhere and nice naming. it was peep-friendly and hence had no peep jam. also, i think that's probably the coolest split coaster i've ever seen. i really liked the idea. still i'm not terribly much into this hack.
    anyway, dragon rider was exciting to look at. the chinese was also my favourite theme. i'm very impressed, guys.

because i'd like our my team to win, duh. but thruthfully, i really did like our park much better. if i wasn't in either team i still would've voted for pyramid connection. yeah.

p.s.: i would suggest, corkscrewed, that you let only non hurricanes and non flying germans vote. maybe my teammates are online more frequently then his or vice versa.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: Flying Germans

Hackmania, It was messy, and hard to keep up with. The bright architecture was sickly, it wasn't my cup of tea at all.

Not much better that the 'Canes park. The woodie was awful, the underground mine ride was pointless and most probably rushed. The main pyramid coaster was a great idea but wasn't pulled off very well.

It was just a neater park overall, and was much more easier to look at.
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]Park i voted for : Flying germans.

What i thought about the hurricanes

[font="arial"]I didn't like this park one bit, it was disgusting, everything from the pointless hacks to the badly colour schemed architecture. Thing i hate the most is when i open the park the game slows down because of the amount of hacks and the things moving on the screen, then about five explosions go off and slow my viewing time of the park down, really is all that needed? I thought the hacks were the total opposite of impressive, they had all basicly been done before and didn't add to the park or atmoshpere at all. The architecture well for most part was awful, the colours really hurt my eyes and the bright area seemed like it shouldnt have been there. I only part of the park i liked was the robot, that was pretty cool but the rest of it was a huge piece of mess, don't get me wrong i like future themes, i do, but when they are pulled of with pointless hacks and as much TT scenery you can pile into the map it makes me think this isnt a park, i understand h2h isnt about making realistic parks and can be fantasy but it really puts me off playing rct for awhile after i see something like that, im sorry i coudlnt get on board with it, good job whoever made it though.[/font]

What i thought about the german's park[/font]

[font="arial"]Now this i liked, after viewing the cane's this was really calming and in some parts beautiful, although i think alot of it could have been pulled off better but you did a great job. The wooden was class, i really like it and so was the whole China area, it had alot of beauty. Egypt and the Myan(I think) areas where not bad but didnt compare to China imo. The thing i loved about this park the most was that it was peep friendly and it really reminded me of my old days in rct where all the guests would ride my rides and i loved it. So to whoever made this park i thank you, it really was a great entry.[/font]

[font="arial"]Why i made my final decision: My final decision wasn't hard really, basicly I found the German's loverly and more my style, i could really get on board with this park but the hurricanes made me wanna be sick, so in conclusion i went with the park that appealed to me the most.[/font]
  • iris%s's Photo
    Park I'm Voting For: The Day After Tomorrowland

What I Thought About The Hurricanes Park:
    Horribly ugly. Visually one of my least favorite parks I've ever seen. There was too much going on at one time to really sit and enjoy anything. The colors were terrible in both areas of the park. You had the one area where he didn't use any colors except the really ugly combination of black and dull red, and then they seemed to go crazy with the worst color selections and that area just gave me a headache. There were several good ideas in this park, although not one of them was pulled off right. The mousetrap ride could have been brilliant if executed, but instead seemed like a pointless little ride occupying a small corner of the park. As much as people are using the word gimmick for the Pyramid ride, this was even more. Then you had the merged Rocket Coaster/Shooting Ride? (cause they go together so well...) that really made no sense. This could have possibly been cool had there been more of an explanation behind it, but alas, there was none. Not to mention they overloaded on these horrible two colors again. The big robot was the shining spot in the park, yet even that was disappointing. If robots look like that in the future...I'm not very intimidated. First of all, where's the other arm? Secondly...that's a fat fucking robot. The only cool part was how they integrated a ride into the robot, yet the name was pretty bad too (Torso Tours? :|'''' ). Then theres the part of the park that looks like someone took the ugliest colors out of a Crayola box, let them melt in the sun for a few hours, and smeared them all together. Some of the architectural forms are actually pretty cool, as are the custom flats in this area (go-karts were a bit hit or miss). Still, the colors ruin everything here for me.

What I Thought About The Flying Germans Park:
    Disappointingly empty. Really left a lot to be desired from where I'm standing, especially for a finals park. As most people have said the actual Pyramid Connection coaster was nothign more then a gimmick. There's nothing wrong with using split-coasters as long as they're used creatively, or used as a real coaster (with layouts, elements, etc.). This one did nothing other then go up...split...go back together, hit one barrel roll, and end. Not a real spectacular ride. Then you have the glassy pyramid, which I actually kind of liked for some reason. It was a bit ugly granted, but I thought that it was kinda neat how it reflected the three colors onto the three areas. The Egypt area was the best area of the park, and if the whole thing was done like this, it would have won it for me. The ceiling fans were a cool idea, but still a pretty minor one. The architecture was nice here, and a good coaster in this area might have sealed the deal. Then you go over to the Chinese area. Someone made a very good point in the other thread, when they complained that it looked more like a Jamaican area then a Chiense...and that not every Chinese area needs to follow the same exact colors, and have the same exact wooden pagoda rooves. This area was a huge disappointment for me, except for Dragon Rider which was a pretty fun wooden coaster...yet still not impressive enough to pick this area up for me. The final area (South America I think?) was the make or break area. With a good Egyptian area, and an unimpressive Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Oriental/whatever the fuck area, this third one was going to determine whether it was mostly good, or mostly mediocre. Unfortunately, there really wasn't enough material in this area to make me say 'mostly good'. This part looked extremely rushed with large patches of bare rocks (which can be used effectively...but weren't here imo). A completely underground coaster with a boring layout, and a very mediocre rapids ride.

What Made Me Vote For Hurricanes: To those who say the Canes park was a lot better, they're obviously biased and wrong. It wasn't. It was definitely more fun to look at, a lot busier, and seemed like more effort had gone into it. Unfortunately, it looked like a lot of effort was wasted in stupid ways, yet the effort was still there. The Germans park really didn't know what it wanted to be in my opinion and in the end it seemed almost like three random themes pulled together without a whole of cohesion, and it looked sorta like a rushed boring park. It basically comes down to preference. I'd rather have 'ugly' then 'boring'. So I voted for ugly. *shrug*

For the record...I fucking HATE when people say that they wanted to 'see a third park' as the reason for voting. A third park has NOTHING TO DO with which of these TWO parks were better. That's the only fucking thing that should matter. If you think the Germans park is a little better but vote the Canes to see a 3rd park, and the Canes win it in the 3rd, you've just royally fucked the Germans without them doing anything wrong.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:

The Day After Tomorrow Land.

It was highly "interesting", but not very well done. There was just TOO MUCH STUFF happening, and you couldn't keep track of it all. You rush around trying to figure out what is going on, and by the time you sort of figure it out, you've missed it. Nothing flowed together, and it doesn't really work as a "park" but rather a "gimmick". However, the actual buildings, rides, etc, were rather nice on their own.

I looked over this briefly, and had no desire to look deeper. There was nothing to grab my eye, or engage me. Everything I saw I've seen before, and none of it seemed to have been done very well here. However, it made me somewhat nostalgiac for "Split" coasters, as they reached their peak of popularity right about the time I last left. I enjoyed that.

One was engaging, stimulating, inventive, but poorely done as a concept. The other was boring, abrasive, cliche, and even more poorely done in every way.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Park voting for - Hurricanes - The Day After Tomorrowland

Hurricanes Park - I think this pulled off what it was trying to be a lot better than the Germans park. I didn't like either, for the record, but in my opinion, this looks like it was closer to the original idea.

Germans Park - Didn't really get me going at all. Wasn't impressive enough to really capture me, or beautiful enough for me to admire.

What made up my mind - The amount of work obviously put into the Hurricanes park.
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: Flying Germans

It looked quite ugly, yet interesting from the overall view and was quite interesting and fun to look at in the game. wasn't sure about the colours that were used in places as they seemd to clash

a classic park really. the split coaster was nice and the pyramid was ok. I wasn't a huge fan of the wooden coaster to be honest. was nice and compact but was'nt my cup of tea

Why you made your final decision: ummm because i'm on the flying germans team maybe. plus when viewing the parks I was drawn to a more classic and natural style. the canes park might of been interesting and fun in places but in this world (It will never change but hopefully it might) looks are everything in a first impression and the canes park just didn't do it for me when I viewed it.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:
    The Flying Germans

Messy and not to my personal liking.

Tidy and to my personal liking.

Because I thought the Germans park was better.
  • Dark-Daxter%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: The day after tomorrow land

At first I thought it was a meshed up park with lots of colors and much hacking. Most of the time I dont like hacking, and this time it wasnt different. But the rest was pretty good, especially the robot was magnificent. Also the coasters were well done. It could have been better, if the idea was worked out better.

The Pyrimade is just ugly. I dont like the glass roofs on it. Also the hacked coaster isnt very impressive at all. Too short and lame. The only thing i liked about this park was the chinese setting with the wooden coaster but the rest of the park leaves me cold. Also, why is there one coaster totally underground? This park had good ideas, but again it worked out bad.

Because I thought The Day was more interesting too watch. The other park was just boring with no surprises. Sadly that this was one of the final rounds.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Vote:
    Hurricanes

Hurricanes Opinion:
    thought was wierd, hacks unnecessary, nice architecture

Flying Germans Opinion:
    thought 2/3 themes were not well executed, theme in mountains was nice, centerpiece coaster could've been more centerpiece caliber; there really is no extra thrill to the riders as opposed to a regular non splitter

Reason:
    thought that both parks were equally not up to a finals caliber so I chose hurricanes to give both teams another chance at doing something better.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading