H2H3 / Game 2: Hurricanes vs Flying Germans

• Ride6%s's Photo
    Vote: The Pyramid Connection- Flying Germans

Hurricane's Park- Day After Tomarrowland: The overload of hacks and pointless rides is what really killed the park for me. The bright area didn't really hurt the park too badly, other than the fact that it doesn't fit. The colors in it could've worked with a couple neutrals and some open "dirt/mud" land to absorb some of the brightness. Like I said all the hacked pointless rides were just sad and the fact that at least a couple of them randomly crashed didn't do anything for me either. The Robot was sorta cool however it needed more purposeful form, as it is it's a blob that looks completely immobile. The welcome bot was cool however, those bits of undergroud pathing actually connecting to the network was good, the "welcome bot" made me grin and Phase 1 was quite amazing. However 3-4 positives and some neutral stuff can't make up for this parks numerious negitive aspects.

Germans Park- The Pyramid Connection: A relitivily simple concept used to bond 3 completely different themes together. Not completely original or creative however I feel it's an idea that could work quite well in a h2h environment. The coaster of the namesake, like the central pyramid, was used as a binder, even if they both made a bit of an eyesore. The woodie was alright, could've used some turn variation and more varied pacing however think about wooden coasters for a secound. Which ones are the best? Raven? Cornball Express? Goustrider? Why is that? Because they don't let up, the end is just as intense as the beginning, however all of those have a breather point to puncuate the ride and Dragon Rider lacks that (not to mention the last-minute shit name it has. :p). The architecture in this one is nothing special however it's well organized and interesting enough to serve it's purpose without getting in the way. The landscaping here as Ed mentioned is obviously where a lot of time went and it's beautiful. The fact that the park is peep friendly and some of the overall style (mixing fantasy and realism in such a disregarding way) feeling like something from back in the D-net days moved into rct2 and refined a bit. The atmosphere, of course, radiates. That's what wins parks for me, atmosphere.

Reasons For Final Decision: The Hurricanes park is overloaded and unsteady in exicution, resulting in a lack of atmosphere, and it lacks a major attraction that isn't gimmicy as all hell. The Germans on the other hand have a park abounding with atmosphere and purpose. In the end the Hurricanes fail as both a concept and a park and the Germans concept (while very simple) is furfilled by the park.

ride6
  • postit%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: The Day after Tomorrowland

Thoughts on the Hurricanes' park:

I didn't know what the fuck was going on, and it was totally chaotic. I'm not going to go on and on, but my thoughts are pretty similar to Iris's. Something about it though, managed to put a smile on my face, maybe because it was so fricking rediculous. Somehow it almost worked, and that's how it got my vote.

Thoughts on the Germans' park:

I really didn't like either parks. The Germans' park felt really empty, especially in the Mayan or whatever area. I really didn't like the wooden coaster, I don't care fantasy or not, I hated the colors. The layout was actually pretty neat, but the colors killed it. The rest of China didn't really have much to offer, except some decent foliage around the coaster. The hacked coaster made the park worse for me. I hate these hacked "gimmicks", they turn me off from the park. Egypt was ok, if the whole park was that quality, I probably would have voted for it. Another thing I didn't like, the bareness. I don't care for all this minimalistic crap, please put some foliage in. Please! If the foliage had been like it was around the wooden coaster throughout, this park might have stole my vote.

Why I made my decision: The Hurricanes' park required far more skill and creativity than the Germans' park. Also, I felt the 'Canes took greater risks, and just built a better overall park.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: canes park

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park:

i dunno, didn't really look at it for that long

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park:

that pyramid thang seemed pretty weird and all the themes are so played out.

Why you made your final decision:

Kumba made me.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Park You Are Voting For: Flying Germans.

I honestly don't feel up to posting reasons, but you could look at the other topic anyway. Besides, the park people are voting for should only matter at this point - reasoning seems unescesary, especially since 3/4's of us already posted in the previous topic.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: The Day After Tomorrowland

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: A bit cluttered and the theme(s) needed some refining, however the robot and custom rides were excelently done. I hated the extremely bright section in the center, however the rest was pretty well done imo.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Excelently done, with each theme having it's own feel and atmosphere. I enjoyed the overall park, and I thought the idea behind this was wonderful. I didn't like the pyramid, however, and I think the glass was a bad choice as far as constructing it. Each civilization was semi "medieval" I guess, and the whole glass aspect didn't make sense to me. The idea of each culture merging at one focal point was well done, but it fell apart at the little details. Also, the coasters didn't impress me that much, although I do respect the creator for managing such compact layouts.

Why you made your final decision: Overall accuracy of theme, and rides. TDAT didn't have much coaster wise, but the custom flats were great. PC was well done theme wise, but the coasters were lacking imo.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]Park you are voting for: The Day After Tomorrowland by the Hurricanes

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: I thought it was well exectued. While I think the colors are a bit dull in places and off/mismatched in others, I think it just looks better out of the two.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: I thought this was nice too. But, it's not as creative or atypical like the 'Canes' park. I mean, we see this kind of park so often and it's nice to see a park like DAT.

Why you made your final decision: Well, I liked the park better and I'm apart of the Hurricanes' team.[/font]
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Park Voted For- Germans

-Hurricanes- Park was Way to colorful. Detracted horribly from the architecture.

-Germans- I loved the hack in the pyramid. Plus the quaint Egyptian area was pulled off real nicely.

Why you made your final decision:Well, the Germans are mt Team, and I liked our park better. :yup:
  • trav%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: Flying Germans

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: I thought it was messy, and I really didn't like the brighly coloured area. I didn't see the point of all the hacks, that just made my computer lag.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Although a little bare in some places, it was nicer that the 'Canes because of the Egypt part, and the pyramid and the coaster in the middle of the pyramid.

Why you made your final decision:I thought the Flying Germans had more stronger points in their park.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    Vote: Hurricanes Tommorland

I liked the robot better than the entire germans park, although the split coaster was incredibly well engineered and interacted with the pyramid thing in the middle well. I also liked how tommorowland took more risks rather than the usual park you see.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:

day after tomorrowland

shiny...

boring...

I like shiny things...
  • Stargazer%s's Photo
    Voting For: Flying Germans

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: Corkscrewed told me to. Fun but lacks substance like Kasabian

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Corkscrewed told me to. Nostalgic and I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Why you made your final decision: Germans was purdier.

Corkscrewed, thanks for being so mature about it.

Edited by Stargazer, 11 May 2005 - 01:58 PM.

• Madhollander%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:

Flying Germans

Wow, gave me flashbacks to Glasshouse gardens, wanted to get sunglasses, and having 2 extreme's in the park did'nt do it for me neither, bright and colourfull against dark n grey. . .

Well, also not really my style but i liked it much better as the hurricanes park, just had a better overall feel. . .

could'nt find my sunglasses
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Corkscrewed your obsessiveness over this voting system is pathetic, especialy when it's a post by a respected member. Something makes me think that if you weren't on the Hurricanes team you wouldn't be so anal.

Since when was Stargazer respected? Oh wait, I guess by people like you who can't follow rules the ONE FUCKING TIME I explicitly state them. :|

Mantis adds:

Corkscrewed your obsessiveness over this voting system is pathetic, especialy when it's a post by a respected member. Something makes me think that if you weren't on the Hurricanes team you wouldn't be so anal.

Posted Image

OH NO PLEASE DON'T DELETE ME.

Posix decided he had nothing better than to say:

Corkscrewed your obsessiveness over this voting system is pathetic

[font="tahoma"]yup.[/font]

Edited by Corkscrewed, 11 May 2005 - 01:31 PM.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: Interesting concept, and a park I probably will look back at..

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Nice calm atmosphere, but it didn't grab my attention too long..

Why you made your final decision: Cos I'm a Canes member..

SF
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: Flying Germans

It was just "overhacked". There was too much action, explosions and colours. You couldnt relax and really enjoy it.

Wasnt a great perk either, but it had what i was missing in the 'canes park...

Because the hurricanes' park was horribly ugly and the Germans' park only a little bit.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: Hurricanes

It was more original. I don't particularly care for hack nor am I impressed by them, but I tend to vote on originality in these (although there have been exceptions)

Although a nice park, I just felt as though I'd seen it before. Pyramids are so....blah.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:
    The Day After Tomorrow Land

Fun.

Generic themes, generic theming.

Because the Germans' park bored me, and The Hurricanes' park didn't.
  • killing_moon%s's Photo

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: it looked like it was an enjoyable experience to make.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: it looked like it would have been a tedious experience to make.

Why you made your final decision: See above. It's just more fun. That, to me, is what this game is about.
  • Murdock%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for:
    Flying Germans -
    The Pyramid Connection

- It slows down my pc extremly
    - I absolutely don't like machine theming
    - The coaster crashed ( after looking at it the second time)

- The pyramid coaster was a little surprise for me
    - China-area was very nice and the woodie was good
    - peep-friendly

The Hurricanes' park was too....confusing for me.
    I couldn't find any place in this park which was worth for me looking at longer than a few secounds.
    The German's park was just nice....
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Park you are voting for: The Day After Tomorrow Land by The Hurricanes

What you thought about the Hurricanes' park: Badly executed park with original concept.

What you thought about the Flying Germans' park: Badly executed park with unoriginal concept.

Why you made your final decision: Originality vs. Unoriginality.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading