News / H2H + NE Awards Ceremonies!

• Janus%s's Photo
    Ill see if I can be there... 11:30 pm wouldnt be a problem on a Friday or Saturday, but theres school Monday so...
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="arial"]I will be there, can't wait.[/font]
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Always enjoy these kinda things, and last years one was especially funny, so I'll be there at this one for sure. Better have the matchsticks at the ready though.

Metro B)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    bah, sunday? Sunday i'm totally wasted from playing tennis ( :rolleyes: ) and i have to get up at some crazy time monday as well (to get back to amsterdam, chemistry experiments at 9. The 7.30 bus! omfg, i hate you, bus!) Sorry, but i won't be making it this time 'round.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Know what would be really awasome?

IF THIS WAS BUMPED UP TO FRIDAY.

Then I could be here from beginning to end. :)

ride6
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I can't be there, i'm in Prague for a competition.

I always seem to miss this, for some reason. One year, i'll make it. ;)
  • Magnus%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]i'm positive i can be there. can't wait :)[/font]

so you can sent me a chatlog afterwards :)

sorry but the monday i'm going to write an important test paper.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    na friday? I got work... and by work I mean a poker game but thats how I make my money i.e. the $300 I won last night :devil:

if it is swaped id miss the game tho..
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Know what would be really awasome?

IF THIS WAS BUMPED UP TO FRIDAY.

Then I could be here from beginning to end. :)

ride6

Friday? Nah, i was planning on going out friday. Maybe then I could grab the laptop when i get back, but i doubt i'll be doing that as a) it would be too late anyways or B) i'd rather get some sleep in before my tennis lesson at 9. Fucking 9. Ok, I'm probably not going to make it anyways. Too bad it isn't on a tuesday or wednesday though, i thought it was last time. I'd probably not make it next tuesday/wednesday either though. fuck it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Hey, im guessing like with the other NE awards you will do triva, so what time would that start at?

My moneys on Panic winning if you do btw... or Mantis, both are freaks at that..
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Heh... we'll see.

This year, I'm in charge of questions. Iris is actually playing.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    So about the triva, you gona tell us what time it starts or just have that be one of the "Surprises" ???
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    So, like who won?
  • Junya Boy%s's Photo

So, like who won?

u tell us...
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Geoff, here's a quick summary of what happened:

(all times are approximate in MST)

330pm - I logged to NEchat just fine. Observed the hijinx

345pm - Trivia begins. I give up after the first question once I realize I suck at RCT knowledge. I chuckled everytime Marshy answered a true/false correctly

415pm - The three trivia finalists are revealed, Panic, Mantis, and Marshy (along with the Godfather of course). The final round begins which was slightly boring to the outsider, but still held some entertainment value.

425pm - Adix suggests everyone "/join #neParty" channel to chat while trivia continues. I got quite frustrated that this did not work, so I continue to watch iris and mantis pound it out in trivia.

445pm - Trivia continues with corky patiently trying to keep score. I think iris is finally declared the winner, but I couldnt really keep track. Oh, and by this time, nic has changed his name about 250 times.

510pm - As people begin getting pushy to start the awards, iris is hestitant due to the low number of people on chat. He says the awards will not start without at least 40 people in chat.

525pm - People become really impatient as the awards ceremony has still been delayed due to lack of people. Iris becomes more frustrated with corky right there as his sidekick. Jellybones arrives and begins his antics.

530pm - Iris finally decides (not very willingly) to start the H2H3 awards. The Clubbers take the first three awards (i think?), including Worst Park, Good Idea....Gone Terribly Bad and Worst Winning Park.

545pm - Iris and corky decide to halt the awards due to a lessening crowd. Upon further investigation, it is determined the entire site has gone down without Adix at the helm.

600pm - The awards are postponed with no official word on whether they were to be re-scheduled or released one-day-at-a-time on the forums (my understanding was it would be on the forums).

615pm - The only people left in chat are blitz, Ed and corky (and me) who begin planning a trip to SFMM

620pm - I sign off chat.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    ^ Thanks dude.

So it sounds like I didn't miss a whole lot.

:) Thanks Jkay.
  • petrov%s's Photo
    I tried to sign into chat with no avail, so gave up. :@

anyone know when they'll resume?
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    I think it would of been better if the chat wasn't on a sunday.

Weren't the awards last year held sometime in early june? I think an early june date would have been a lot better, since many of us are out of school by then and thats gives a better possibilty of more people attending.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Yeah... but Sunday was the only date for a while that I would have been able to make.

And I won't be able to make any weekday date through the summer, due to work. Saturdays are unlikely too, since I need to have a life.

No idea about rescheduling... will have to talk to Iris about it.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Fuck the rescheduling.

I dunno how this is going to go down and I'll probably start a stupid argument and get flamed by the big cheeses but why are you guys kidding your selves into thinking these awards are going to get some sort of world coverage or something? Especialy considering how you go about them.

You have a stupid quiz before hand so Cork can play quizmaster and Iris can indulge him self in his wealth of knowledge about a computer game by answering more questions then Mantis, whilst everyone else sits there getting bored.

Then there is a stupid break whilst a Star Wars role play ensues as we wait for the hords of people to turn up that haven't yet. They have forgotten to stop signing autographs on the red carpet and take their seats for the H2H awards obviously!

Honestly 30-40 people was ok don't you think? But no we have to wait for that 10 more because it is oh so important that they read it there and then rather then later on the boards because that makes everyone feel better because NE's popularity isn't decreasing...

Face the facts RCT is not as popular as it once was, neither is NE and an awards night that takes what feels like hours to get going on a Sunday night is never going to be.

Oh but Corky couldn't do any other night I suppose and obviously we have to compromise a potentialy succesful date so that he can attend.

There obviously was a problem with people not being able to sign in and all that (I don't know why but it wouldn't suprise me if something went wrong because the site was taken down for a while during the 'quiz') but I still don't understand what the fuss it about. The biggest competitions here are announced on the boards and don't need some forced awards night so why can't the NE Awards do the same and lets all stop kidding ourselves into acting like they are the Oscars.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading