Pro Tour 2 / It Begins...

This topic hosts comments for 9 parks(View Parks)
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Anonymous full parks make the advantage of the 'name' even more valuable for people that have distinct styles and the judges know who made it even if there's no name attached to it. And the people with those distinct styles are probably going to be winning already, so why bother with the anonymous part?

But I bet nobody would've guessed that you made the wilderness in the first pt because nobody really saw anything rct2 from you prior, or at least I didn't or can't really recall. Your style is definitely evident in rct2 parks now but what if people decide to switch games or even styles? John's disneysea was very different from his previous work and imo a huge improvement, but given that entry at the time I probably would have not guessed it to be him.

I think it would also be better if we didn't know who actually submitted an entry until it is released. It would be a nice surprise if an older player came out of nowhere.

If it was ran as toon says it was, then that's what I'm talking about, although I would even have the entrys sent to corky to give them to iris so even he wouldn't know who built what. Of course the names of who built what would be revealed after their respective releases, but for judging purposes I think it should be anonymous.
  • Titan%s's Photo

If it was ran as toon says it was, then that's what I'm talking about, although I would even have the entrys sent to corky to give them to iris so even he wouldn't know who built what.

Can't do that, Cork is entering...
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Upon further remembrance...I'm quite sure the original PT was anonymous and PT2 wasn't.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Titan, I don't think that really matters, the way I see it either he or iris will have to know, and I'd rather have the person not judging to be it. What's corky going to do, sabotage all our entries? ;)
  • Titan%s's Photo
    I guess you're right, but we better not send any of them in early... yes Cork, I am implying something... :p
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Titan, I don't think that really matters, the way I see it either he or iris will have to know, and I'd rather have the person not judging to be it.  What's corky going to do, sabotage all our entries? ;)

Now why on Earth would I EVER even beging to almost contemplate such a heinously unfair action simply to further my own advantage and gain possession of a hundred dollars?
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    That's right, send all your entries to ME intead or ever better Kumba!

lmao.

Personally I would trust Cork on it or that other SoCal type, Coaster Ed.

ride6
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

But I bet nobody would've guessed that you made the wilderness in the first pt because nobody really saw anything rct2 from you prior, or at least I didn't or can't really recall.  Your style is definitely evident in rct2 parks now but what if people decide to switch games or even styles?

Well, i thought most judges guessed the park being mine.. then. I don't remember any "WME made that shit? Fuck, i never would have guessed that!".

And there should be ways to remain anonymous.... maybe if each contestant either does or doesn't get some other contestant to send the park to last minute and then send to irsi! lol.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Forget the anonymous thing, most people will post their 1 screen anyway... that's how the judges know who's is who's.
  • cBass%s's Photo
    3 weeks since It Began.

:|
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    Yes...3 weeks. I wonder where that bench is.......
  • Richie%s's Photo
    On iris' computer?

Its on corky's too, wonder how much hes done in 3 weeks :p
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I pm'ed iris telling him that the pt2 bench should just be no custom scenery, but noooo.
  • cBass%s's Photo

I pm'ed iris telling him that the pt2 bench should just be no custom scenery, but noooo.

funny. I tried the same thing.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I think I'd die without all those little quarter-tile blocks. I'd have to resort to almost entirely tracktiture to make anything in my park.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    There's other ways besides track. There's footpaths and funky landscaping. I'm great with the funky landscaping.
  • Panic%s's Photo

I'd have to resort to almost entirely tracktiture to make anything in my park.

You'd be so much better at the game by the time you finished the park, though!
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

You'd be so much better at the game by the time you finished the park, though!

That's the problem. I don't think I'd have enough time to finish the park that way. Also, I'd rather just have it be as good as it possibly can, and if that involves custom scenery, that's what I'll use. If it involves tracktiture, I'll use that. Because of that, I definitely do plan on having much more trackiture than I normal for me, because even under the best circumstances, it'll still be necessary for several things. Plus, I just don't use it enough.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    If only they'd tell us the LL size and then we wouldn't have to wait :p
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Hey guys, you could send your shit to me and I'll forward them.

Shit, I don't even have rct2 installed.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading