Pro Tour 2 / It Begins...

This topic hosts comments for 9 parks(View Parks)
  • sloB%s's Photo
    don't worry about the bench, it's fine.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Wow, I'm gone for 5 days and look what happens! Titan finally gets his damn design released and the PT2 has "started" without workbenchs or due dates. lol

I hope to got Blitz, DJ and Phatage all enter because I feel a big hole inside knowing that Mala will not be 'round. :( Even though I know it's not true I still have this feeling that Rift Valley won the PT. lol

Looking forward to the bench and the 'build.

ride6
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I hope slob wins it to represent for our class.

Seniors '06 indeed.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Oh don't worry, I'll represent indeed... Oh you weren't talking to me... my bad...

Seniors '06!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Class of 02 holla at me! :D

*Crickets* :twitch:
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    07' man here. How can you go wrong with 007?

ride6
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Oh don't worry, I'll represent indeed... Oh you weren't talking to me... my bad...

Seniors '06!!!!!!!!!!

You too?
    Then why not. You can win too! It's a party!
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    '06, Hell yeah! I have 3 AP courses, but 2 shouldn't require too strenuous a homework regiment. I'm just glad I got physics out of the way last year. That was a bitch with Saxon Calc.

So yeah... Anything I get done with over 60% I'll be happy about, though I'll be shooting for the whole thing.
  • postit%s's Photo
    Ok, so I opened the rest of the parks. :p A really strong round.

Metropole-Pretty cool entry with some awesome supports. The layout was good, and the architecture was nice. Good work. Very solid entry.

Master Jay-A strange entry. The coasters were ok, although the timing wasn't up to what NE expects from duelers. I personally didn't have much of a problem with the timing, though. Another sort of odd entry, with weird colors. The architecture was good, I enjoy this type of architecture more than most people I would think.

Ekimmel-Didn't really interest me. It was like a classic "forest" theme, and it just doesn't cut it. You are getting better, though.

Adonis-Another bizarre entry. The merging was excellent, although it seemed like the whole purpose of the park was to showcase that. I was kind of confused on the message you were trying to send, but that's ok. It was bare, and could have used more "theming".

To address Metropole and Steve's point on how my coaster had little to do with dentistry: Well, I wanted the ride to be more of a prototype or something, that Oral B was using for testing on its products. I kind of got inspiration from their "Brush Like A Dentist" commercials (they're no longer aired :( ) where they are always in a futuristic setting and go on and on about how they are state of the art and stuff. So it was like a futuristic test-type thing, which is why there was a launched lift, and well, what's a Beemer without inversions? :p I also used this Oral B idea because there was 1 commercial specifically, where the scientists in lab coats ride a cheesy imitation of a roller coaster. As for the colors: Well, most toothpaste companies include that light blue and white in their color scheme, so that is the reason for all the light blue and white. Why pink? Well, I originally built the giant toothbrush first in the park, and I was really just screwing around. I was building random crap, and I went into my bathroom, pulled out my pink toothbrush, and started recreating it the game. Oh, by the way, the floss is almost to scale for its size, which is why it's excessively large. ;)
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    will the bench be released for everyone or just for the ones who got in?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    i don't see a reason not to release it for everybody. i mean the latest you will need it is when the first rct2 pt2 park is released. how do you want to look at it otherwise.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    Ya that's why i'm asking...
    It would make sense if it is not released for everyone, but i wanna have the objects :p
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    i doubt there will be any new object on the bench. it seems to be more like a combination of pt1 bench + the objects being release after that. (e.g. spiral steps)
  • iris%s's Photo
    The bench release has been delayed a day or two. I'm about 20 minutes from moving to Tallahassee to start college. It's a 7 hour drive up there, and my place won't be ready until tomorrow so I'll be staying in a computer-less hotel tonight. Tomorrow, most the day will be spent moving in and unpacking/connecting everything so once I have some free time I'll post the bench. Until then...wait?

Hope to see you all soon.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    I'd like to have the new bench as well even though I won't be in PT2. I use the old PT bench all the time for making stuff and it would be cool to have an update of it.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Class of 02 holla at me! :D

W00T!!!
  • X250%s's Photo
    Is there going to be an "official PT2 predictions" topic like last time?

-X-
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I thought you weren't around last PT.. :p
    But yeah, should be interesting.. moreso as most people got me one of the last places of the bunch last year, and I got a little bit higher than expected... Gets me wondering what place people will put me this year..

SF
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo

Is there going to be an "official PT2 predictions" topic like last time?

-X-

Yeah, start it up...:)
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Agreed... start it up soon...

~Jazz~

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading