Theme Park Discussion / Scariest roller coaster of all time?

Scariest roller coaster of all time?

• Blitz%s's Photo
    well, I'm aware of the dangers, but I don't let it effect my actions.

And screw you! Mt. Baldy is an ice pick, hardly powder, champ.

I could be ski patrol there, but doing that WOULD scare me... having to check for avalanche conditions is sooooo fucking dangerous, but it's part of their job.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Setting off the charges would be fucking awesome, though.
    Well, once. Maybe if you had to that everyday, skiing with a backpack full of dynamite would get old.

Someday I will have the cash to make a trip out west. Not any time soon, but someday.
  • Blitz%s's Photo

Setting off the charges would be fucking awesome, though.
    Well, once.  Maybe if you had to that everyday, skiing with a backpack full of dynamite would get old.

Someday I will have the cash to make a trip out west.  Not any time soon, but someday.

if you do, feel free to come on up to baldy, we'll hit the slopes together =)
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

The scariest thing I've been on is the "It's tough to be a bug 3D show".

Fucking scary. The spiders and bugs and shit everywhere. Gahhhhh.... bad memories.

View Post

HA! me too! fuckin giant bugs everywhere. i believe i was about 7 years old, and it had the bug spray with shit in your face, those damn bee-sting shocker things on your back and all the bugs crawling in your ass.

worst ride ever.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^Nasty...

Personally I've never been more nerved up about a ride than I was before my first ride on Dragster (Top Thrill but I've never liked the name). I was feeling almost sick but I knew all I had to do was strap in and once they checked the bars there was nothing I could do about it. I was going... Great launch too, shame the whole hill is a waste. Should've made it 50 feet shorter and packed it with ejector air (at 350 feet) yeah. That'd be FUN.

Anyway I still think the best first drop of any coaster is Raging Bull in the back seat. I don't know how but that 200 feet is so much punchier than MF's 300. The first time on RB in the back I was litterly stunned, like in a daze for the first turn around because it hit me so hard. Each time after that I came to enjoy it more and it became less of a shock and more blissful.

I can't say what the scariest coaster would be or is, but I can tell you that my favorite thus far is Cornball Express at Indiana Beach. Lovely little ride that's considered a "family coaster" and until about 7 or 8 pm that's true. But once it warms up a back-seat binge is in order. SO MUCH AIRTIME!!!! Next year I'm hoping to get down on Holiday World and over to the Dells... That Holiday World trip might get SFKK tossed in too since that place is between my aunts and HW... Maybe if I'm lucky Kings Island can get wedged in on the way down. Just evening passes or something.

Anyway go back to your life now. :|

ride6
  • Carl%s's Photo
    None of those rides are scary. If anything, KK makes me yawn.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    No roller coaster is actually very scary. Buildup makes you feel that way, like you'll be scared.

Now something that IS scary are those fucking drop rides at carnivals. They take you up really slowly, and the very millisecond you get to the top, it forces you to the ground. VERY shocking no matter how many times you go on one.
  • supertrooper%s's Photo
    Ive been scared on two coasters in my life. Lazer at Dorney park, only becuase it felt like it was about to fall apart and I thought I was going to hit my head on the suports...and Mr. Freeze (only the first time though)...it felt really weird when the train picked up a little more speed going up the spike. I was sure we were going to fall right off the end of that thing.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

Ive been scared on two coasters in my life.  Lazer at Dorney park, only becuase it felt like it was about to fall apart

View Post

that fact alone made that ride damn fun. that, and how compact it is.

Edited by tracidEdge, 28 December 2005 - 08:22 PM.

• hobbes%s's Photo
    Magnum XL.
    Only because my restraint wasn't fully locked, and I kept moving up/down during the whole ride and especially during the pretzel-turn thing.

Other than that, coasters aren't really scary. As has been said.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

Now something that IS scary are those fucking drop rides at carnivals. They take you up really slowly, and the very millisecond you get to the top, it forces you to the ground. VERY shocking no matter how many times you go on one.

View Post

I did one of those this year and found it to be rather "blah" at best. Really total waste of $4 worth of tickets, even if it wasn't my money...

Got to do one of those scater halfpipe ride things there too. One of those new ones... That thing was fun, when it caught you just right it even had something along the lines of "sideways airtime" which I thought was fun.

ride6
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Goliath.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Oh thats easy. Dueling Dragons (ICE in particular) in the front car.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I remember going into that Alien escape show in Disney World thinking it was something it wasn't. Now that shit was pretty scary.
  • Silenced%s's Photo

Oh thats easy.  Dueling Dragons (ICE in particular) in the front car.

View Post

i was afraid my legs would hit that guys on the other side. :'(
  • Shamu%s's Photo
    Mmmm. Dueling Dragons.

Fire > Ice.

Ice is white noise compared to Fire.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo

You have one shit first drop or if you will beggining to a coaster you can pretty tell that the rest will not be that great either.

View Post

Ummmm.....no. Nemesis has a really lame "first drop", but it is perhaps THE best inverted coaster in the world......maybe even one of the BEST coasters in the world.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

Ummmm.....no. Nemesis has a really lame "first drop", but it is perhaps THE best inverted coaster in the world......maybe even one of the BEST coasters in the world.

View Post

WTF? The first drop is part of what makes Nemesis.

On topic: Bobsleds scare me. There's no feeling of being restrained by the track. I feel like the car's about to fall off the fucking thing.

-ACE
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    In terms of a WOW factor, Nemesis' first drop is only about 35 or 40 feet, and the ride doesn't kick in with the afterburners until the first flatspin. After that, it's absolute chaos. :SA:
  • Geoff%s's Photo

I remember going into that Alien escape show in Disney World thinking it was something it wasn't. Now that shit was pretty scary.

View Post

Ahahaha. Yea, it was crazy. I think they changed it now into a more tame Lilo and Stitch version.

When I went there about six years ago with my brother, he was so scared and screaming for Jesus. He was around nine. I'll never let him live it down.

Edited by Geoff, 29 December 2005 - 03:19 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading