Pro Tour 2 / It REALLY Begins This Time!

• Geoff%s's Photo

Posix, this is not 'Nam.  This is the Pro Tour.  There are rules.

ahahahahahahahahahaha.

That movie rocks.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo

I noticed that this time, the bench has money. frown.gif Can we change it to "no money" with 8cars?

Bumping that question again.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    You could just use the trainer to add money. It's started off with 50 million dollars. That should be enough to build an entrance plaza. If not, add more money.

Having to pay money for stuff is weird though. I'm used to everything being free.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    All my objects are $1 with a $1 refund. :)

Have fun with all 3 or 4 of them, heh...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Does anyone know of a way you can use a desktop CPU but use a laptop as a monitor?

And which bench are we using here? I hate this confusion.

I've reuploaded Posix's thing, so go ahead and use that one please. Not that it should matter. LL is set. It's RCT 2 that we'd have to "worry" about cheating and stuff (changing scenery, etc...)

I noticed that this time, the bench has money. frown.gif Can we change it to "no money" with 8cars?

I thought I answered that question with the "Trainers are allowed" part.

If you want to make it no money, go ahead. I put it on money when I'm making the scenario so that the the park won't ever expire. If you set it on no money, you always have to keep the park rating above whatever level or else the park will close. I figure if you use more than $50 million, you're probably trying too hard. :p Trust me, that should more more than enough to do anything, unless you decide to raise and lower the same piece of land over and over again.
  • JKay%s's Photo

If you set it on no money, you always have to keep the park rating above whatever level or else the park will close

Actually, if you open/close the park with 8cars, it won't matter. Either way, it won't matter if you use money or don't use money, unless "peep-friendliness" will be important to you. I mainly prefer "no money" so I don't get those annoying little money transactions as I build.

I have a question. You mentioned we could change the entrance gates, which is good, but, I'm assuming this means we are allowed to take the bench back into the scenerio editor to move the gates and change guest entry points? I just would hate to get d/q'd on a technicality so minor, but its worth asking before I get too involved in building...

Anyway, nice bench guys. I'm already 50% done with my park btw.....

NOT! :bandit:
  • rwadams%s's Photo

If you want to make it no money, go ahead.  I put it on money when I'm making the scenario so that the the park won't ever expire.  If you set it on no money, you always have to keep the park rating above whatever level or else the park will close.  I figure if you use more than $50 million, you're probably trying too hard. :p  Trust me, that should more more than enough to do anything, unless you decide to raise and lower the same piece of land over and over again.

Just use the TRG trainer and set the objective to Have Fun.

Also, I did all of my landscaping in the editor and ran out of money before I was half done.

Rog :)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    i have minor issues with the workbench, but i guess it will do.
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    The color of the bench leaves a lot to be desired......like...a LOT.

At any rate...that's why god invented trainers. Also, you left out a few major pieces of scenery......not bitching, just filling ya in.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

Also, I did all of my landscaping in the editor and ran out of money before I was half done.

Rog :)

I think the scenario editor resets the money to $10,000, while making you still use money (some kind of glitch I think, since you aren't supposed to have money yet). I ran out of money in it while moving the entrance and doing some landscaping.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I have a question. You mentioned we could change the entrance gates, which is good, but, I'm assuming this means we are allowed to take the bench back into the scenerio editor to move the gates and change guest entry points? I just would hate to get d/q'd on a technicality so minor, but its worth asking before I get too involved in building...

Go ahead. I moved the entry gates last year. As long as you don't change scenery or rides, then it's fine to play with it in the SE.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    so i'm back from prague. just came home last night and now i can start of.
    perfect timing cork ;)
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I usually set no money with an objective of building 10 rollercoasters or whatever. Guest numbers and park rating don't matter then. But having money is just fine.

Metro B)
  • MudBlood%s's Photo

You could just use the trainer to add money.  It's started off with 50 million dollars.  That should be enough to build an entrance plaza.  If not, add more money.

WTF?

50 millions are more then enough yo build all the park! you know... 100x100 is not a big park...
  • MudBlood%s's Photo
    can you resize the map?
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    Does changing the type of entrance count as new scenery?
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Does changing the type of entrance count as new scenery?

thanks
    that was the first thing i wanted to ask

i mean invisible entrance should be normal and not this gate nobody need and wants.

at all i have the feeling there are some really useless objects on the bench (i.e. one of toon's 1/8 blocks (in the ?-category) which you can just use together with some other objects but they are not on the map)
    but at all that just small things. the bench is great for me, cause it has everything i need. thanks for that.
    still there is one more question. who needs full tile roofs and baseblocks. if you just use the 1/4 roofs and blocks instead you could have 20 more small objects on that map. and the object limit shouldn't be a problem on such a "small map" (i know the map will get bigger and bigger when i start building)

ok just my thought. might all sound a bit to negative.
    still this bench is perfect for me so i shouldn't complain.

edit:
    why is there an object on the map from me i don't even have on my harddisk. i mean i know when i opened the map for the first time rct told me something about new objects and one of them started with MG like all my objects.
    at all i can't find and object on the map i didn't make. i just wonder it wasn't in my obj.data folder.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    The nice thing about the full tile blocks and rooves is that they sink down on the walls underneath so you can't see the top edge of the wall. I think it's worth having them just for this reason. The interesting thing about the PT, is that if what you 'need' isn't there, you have to find a solution, something that was mostly lost between LL & RCT2. You can always revert to using rides in interesting ways to accomplish what you normally would with custom scenery.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

can you resize the map?

well, since you didn't even qualify for the finals, do whatever the heck you want to with the bench.

the only thing i could have used and is not on there is toon's yellowish bush, but that's very minor.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

The only things I was surprised to see in the bench were the three impulse supports (since we can make them with the impulse coaster) and one of the boats.

Haha, indeed. I took those out and Corky got all asian on me :D.

Still not sure why he wanted it in so bad... wait, i remember something. But... WME plays by the rules :D.

Hey, I found your and WME's mark, very clever. (I had to do some major landscape editing right off the bat.)

I'm intrueged, did i leave a mark? Or are you talking about the art deco pieces I 'had to have' ;).

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading