Pro Tour 2 / It REALLY Begins This Time!

• Xcoaster%s's Photo

WTF?

50 millions are more then enough yo build all the park! you know... 100x100 is not a big park...

I was joking.

Oh, and the pretty fancy-schmancy trees aren't there either. The cypress trees I think they are. That's okay though. Palm trees are classy enough.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

The nice thing about the full tile blocks and rooves is that they sink down on the walls underneath so you can't see the top edge of the wall.  I think it's worth having them just for this reason.  The interesting thing about the PT, is that if what you 'need' isn't there, you have to find a solution, something that was mostly lost between LL & RCT2.  You can always revert to using rides in interesting ways to accomplish what you normally would with custom scenery.

ok that might be cause i never use walls
    ironically the reason for that was cause they don't line up perfectly with the walls.
    (and why do have walls this "top edge". i mean this top edge is completly useless so why are we making them and then the walls don't line up with the 1/4 blocks. at all why do we use those walls they are way too thin. at all we should talk about that toon. don't want to write down all my ideas here.)

also i think making new objects is way of finding a solution how to build something aswell. it's different from how is was made in LL, but still it is finding a solution and needs at least in most cases some creativity.
    still i can see your point and the LL way is at least as interesting as making new objects. anyways this discussion seems to be useless. LL is a great game and i love they way of finding solutions for how to build things and some goes for rct2. just that it's different way you use for it.
    but let's talk about the top edge wall problem. i really don't see a reason for this top edge cause you would never place a wall somewhere without placing something above it. so if we'd change the walls we don't need the full tile rooves anymore -> more small objects
    also why not make the full tile objects big objects. i know this makes deleting them way harder, but still it saves us some small object spots.
    so yes that's some things we should discuss toon and one of the reasons we need to talk on aim.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

I'm intrueged, did i leave a mark? Or are you talking about the art deco pieces I 'had to have' ;).

Well, I found a sign burried in the land in the middle of the park that said "Bench made by Corkscrewed, helped by WME" or something like that. I guess Corky put it there, if you don't know about it.

Oh, yeah, who forgot the monster truck ride? :peace:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    So, any advances on getting my laptop to run rct without cutting out? Cos I really would love to try this.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Go to radioshack or any store that has a bunch of electronics/cords, and ask about it there. I'm pretty sure you only need some kind of cord.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    i think you need a standard VGA cord.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    The original post here has the worst onomatopoeia I have ever seen.

Never ever do that again.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    i just looked at both maps (ll and rct2, those that are in the first post of the thread)
    i wonder the LL bench is 90x90 and the rct2 bench is 88x88.
    any reason for that?
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Well, I found a sign burried in the land in the middle of the park that said "Bench made by Corkscrewed, helped by WME" or something like that.  I guess Corky put it there, if you don't know about it.

Oh, yeah, who forgot the monster truck ride?  :peace:

oh ok :D.
    Go Corkscrewed!

I didn't bother with the rides much, you can definitely blame some of the scenery-esque things on me though. It's probably better though to blame corkscrewed.
  • Blitz%s's Photo

Well, I found a sign burried in the land in the middle of the park that said "Bench made by Corkscrewed, helped by WME" or something like that.  I guess Corky put it there, if you don't know about it.

Oh, yeah, who forgot the monster truck ride?  :peace:

oh ok :D.
    Go Corkscrewed!

I didn't bother with the rides much, you can definitely blame some of the scenery-esque things on me though. It's probably better though to blame corkscrewed.

BLAME DODGER! :@
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Don't worry Magnus, didn't your girlfriend ever tell you...size doesn't matter.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    ^LOL :lol:

I think the bench sizes are perfect. Not too big, not too small...(thats what she said...) :)
  • Magnus%s's Photo

Don't worry Magnus, didn't your girlfriend ever tell you...size doesn't matter.

haha
    does that mean you are going with LL this time? maybe i should ask you wife. :lol:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

Does changing the type of entrance count as new scenery?

No. You can change the entrance type if you really want to, if it's to another one of the original three.

can you resize the map?

You're no in this, so I dunno why YOU asked the question, but to those who are and haven't figured it out, the answer is obviously no. Gotta keep it 90x90.

Now, if your design is something abstract and you want an irregular map, you can lower the not used parts of your map down to the lowest level and cover those squares with the black tile, so that your actual built area is less than 90x90 (similar to what cBass did last year with his brain), but the map size itself must remain 90x90.

i wonder the LL bench is 90x90 and the rct2 bench is 88x88.

Weird... I KNOW I made it 90x90. *shrug*
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    One of the first things I checked was the size. It said 90x90 for me. ???
  • Titan%s's Photo

No.  You can change the entrance type if you really want to.

That doesn't seem right... because many entrances are custom scenery... do you mean we can if we use one of the original 3?

If we can use the invisible one, then many people won't have it when the scenery isn't exported...
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    EDIT: If you change your entrance gates, you must make it one of the original three. Unless you want to include the exact .dat file of the entrance gate type along with your final entry, because I don't want to have every single entry exported when we upload. When it comes time to download the park, people should just be able to download the workbench, which will have all the scenery exported. Then they can download all the entries (which will have UNexported scenery) and reduce the download time and file sizes.

So basically, if you have no idea what the file name for a custom scenery entrance gate (for example, one of the invisible ones), then you'll have to keep your gate one of the original three types. If you DO know which .dat file is the custom entry gate, then you can change your gate to that one, as long as you include that .dat file in the final .zip file.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

The original post here has the worst onomatopoeia I have ever seen.

Never ever do that again.

agreed, espescially since there's more to the song than just that.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Oh for crying out loud, I spent like 15 seconds on it.
  • Magnus%s's Photo

[1.] No.  You can change the entrance type if you really want to, if it's to another one of the original three.

[2.] Weird... I KNOW I made it 90x90.  *shrug*

1. what now? yesterday i spoke to iris and he allowed me to use the invisible entrance.

2. i know you did, but only in the SE. when you tell rct2 in the SE to make a 90x90 bench it gives you a 88x88 bench. (if you count the fields by hand. maybe one day you will find out why i did that ;) )

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading