Music Forum / Rock Or Rap?

Rock Or Rap?

• Rhynos%s's Photo
    Alright, let me make a proper online judgement of you. What do YOU listen to?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Rock, jazz, hip-hop, and electronic.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Dude don't even go there.

Her love's a pony.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Are you more of an Old School Kid or a New School Punk?
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Uh, neither?
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo

I agree with listening to the melodies...
    <snip>
    ...at the same speed SoaD is at, idk, i dont pay attention to them).

Nice counter argument.

I also feel that presentation is another aspect to the song and it's lyrics, and with SoaD's style, I can't really take it in like that.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    pBob, those were two different statements.

The first was me saying that I listen to the melodies first and if the band interests me enough, I'll look into the lyrics.

The second comment was saying how proactive SoaD is with foreign affairs. And again, I only listen to Soad's lyrics because I find their music eccentric within itself.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    no, I wasn't being sarcastic at all, seriously. it was informative and to the point, and even though i don't necisarily share the same views, I definately see where you're coming from. I did the little snip thing so the post wasn't very long.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    That's fine. Although, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic now because I didn't have my sarcasm radar on before.
  • RMM%s's Photo

That's fine.  Although, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic now because I didn't have my sarcasm radar on before.

Oh try out Ebay. I heard they was goin for as low as $14.99. I got mine right away. Check it out quick tho. :)
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    We can all agree that I have by far the best musical taste out of anyone here, right?
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    Is that with or without shipping?
  • cg?%s's Photo

We can all agree that I have by far the best musical taste out of anyone here, right?

No.

If you had any taste at all you would of been listening to the good version of "Nuclear War", not that Yo La Tengo crap version! And if you really had great taste you would have gotten over the good one a couple of years ago, at least.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Shut the fuck up, Gardner. No one is going to listen to Sun Ra no matter how much you pimp him.
  • Xenon%s's Photo
    Rock, only because I don't like rap at all.

Really I don't care for either, but I don't mind if I have to listen to rock.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

Shut the fuck up, Gardner.  No one is going to listen to Sun Ra no matter how much you pimp him.

LMAO.
  • cg?%s's Photo

Shut the fuck up, Gardner.  No one is going to listen to Sun Ra no matter how much you pimp him.

So, you'd rather listen to a bunch of middle-aged geeks trying to be Sun Ra?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

So, you'd rather listen to a bunch of middle-aged geeks trying to be Sun Ra?

I know I'm not a part of this little discussion so I hate to interrupt for something as trivial as this, but does it really matter that they're middle-aged cg? Is music something only irresponsible and/or rebellious young people are allowed to do? If supposedly older and more mature people are to be looked down on for being in rock bands, why do we hail young people who do the same as heroes? Are you suggesting they go out and get "real jobs" already? I wonder if maybe this so-called mid-life crisis we're all supposed to go through has something to do with the ridiculous double standard that exists in this society which continuously recycles people like disposable cups once they pass a certain age. As if you've already contributed anything worthwhile you were going to contribute to society and now you're simply dead weight. But then remakes are usually a waste of time whoever does them, so I do see your point. Or part of it anyway.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    I just realized this thread isn't in the Games & Polls forum...
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo

I just realized this thread isn't in the Games & Polls forum...

It's more on the discussion than the poll side, IMO.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading