General Chat / Fall Out Boy Concert Tonight

• tracidEdge%s's Photo

See, but, there are so many better metal bands than Mastodon.

Like, most other metal bands.

fuck that.
    also, quit being such a douchebag.

The employees at Hot Topic called, your Tripp Star Stud Pants are going to take a little bit longer to come in, they just aren't able to get your size quite yet.

:'(

i was hoping to get them by this weekend, too.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    wait, i am not following.
    do not tell me you wear shit like that.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    of course not.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

of course not.

well, you do] listen to mastodon.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    so that must automatically mean that i wear those ridiculous pants.

I guess I should go buy some right away!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    So I listened to this Fall Out Boy, right. They sound exactly like every other pop-punk-emo-screamo-whatever band. What the hell is the big deal.
  • YetiGKM%s's Photo

See, but, there are so many better metal bands than Mastodon.

Like, most other metal bands.

Out of curiosity, please name some.
  • cg?%s's Photo

So I listened to this Fall Out Boy, right.  They sound exactly like every other pop-punk-emo-screamo-whatever band.  What the hell is the big deal.

Well, yeah, exactly. They're just like all of those other bands, and pretty good. For people who haven't gotten the chance to, you know, actually listen to a lot of music, that's enough to make them seem "amazing". They're not, but, as I said, if they came on the radio, I wouldn't turn it off, which I can't say about a lot of bands these days who'd actually get played on the radio.
  • Micool%s's Photo

So I listened to this Fall Out Boy, right.  They sound exactly like every other pop-punk-emo-screamo-whatever band.  What the hell is the big deal.

That's what I thought too, at first.
  • GigaForce%s's Photo
    They rule.

Anyways, Upcoming Concerts:

10/15 - My Chemical Romance (I think)
    11/4 - Alexisonfire
    11/15 - Coheed and Cambria
    11/22 - Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Motion City Soundtrack AGAIN.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

sigh.  i find it funny that so many people in this world argue over music.  people like what they like and that is that.  you cannot argue against that.

Well, someone said it.

I think it's pretty ridiculous too, but then again, my musical tastes are extremely diverse, and I like a lot of bands, genres, and stuff.

If someone thinks a band sounds good, why should you even argue or tell them otherwise? It's opinion. It's not like he's saying they've got the best lyrics ever, or most complex riffs, or something that can actually be debated. I mean, at least in movies you can disect a dialogue or storyline or plot twist.

But most of the time, when people here are arguing over music, the just say "so and so sucks. They sound like everyone else." So what? Maybe I enjoy general energetic feel-good type music.

Hell, it's probably more worthwhile to argue over blaze battles than stuff like this. :lol: At least there you can inject some intellecualism. If you're not going to do that, then just stop bitching and let the other people enjoy the music. They're not making you listen to it.
  • Atlus%s's Photo

Hm. Maybe, but I just got tickets to see Franz at the Orpheum. Wanna come? :p

No.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading