Pro Tour 2 / How Many People are Still In This?

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Seems like recently, we had that rash of dropouts, and the whole site's just been down and out. Iris has lost interest again (can't blame him... even people we figured would be locks to send something in.. like Kumba.. aren't).

I mean, seriously... at this point, I'm wondering if we'll even be able to crack 10 entries, much less beat PT1's 23.

Who's still in this?

And who would definitely finish a park if we gave a slight extension (no more than a month, prolly more like a couple of weeks)? I ask this, but there are no guarantees that you'll get an extension. I'm just curious. Iris certainly gave plenty of time to do this.

So yeah... really, if PT2 turns out to be basically a failure, this might very well be the end of NE. After all, why the hell should Iris pay to maintain a site when no one is actually MAKING anything?

For the record, I plan on submitting something. Hopefully, it'll be complete. It'll be a rush in December to really haul ass on this, but I am definitely NOT dropping out.
  • posix%s's Photo
    well, i'm working on something but i know i won't finish until christmas.

i still believe there are too many contests. why did pt2 even happen? because someone asked for it and the majority jumped on it? same for the various h2h things happening. then parkwars ...
    i think a stricter line up of things is necessary and one contest a year is enough. also, you might want to make a list of what exactly can be submitted to ne.
    for example new members are making 100x100 projects which are inappropriate for ne. what we want are either designs, contest entries of full scale parks (magic 125x125 mark), right?
    tell people to do that.

(my opinion)
  • trav%s's Photo
    If I was in it, I could have finished :p.
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    trav finish a 100x100 park? Now THAT I'd l like to see. :D
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Wait, Cork im not in? ??? I am building an entry now, having fun with it (that was my challange) and should be finished with it well in-time for the current deadline. I guess me say "Fuck it im not entering" once.. twice.... ok like 30x mite have thrown you ;)
  • cBass%s's Photo
    You'll get something from me.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

You'll get something from me.

View Post

NE Pro Tour 2 BETTER still be a go :comeandgetsome:

Mite be like QFTB-X: cBass vs. Kumba :SA:
  • X250%s's Photo
    Mine is progressing nicely, but i may need an extension to get it sorted properly. Cos i have some important exams just before Christmas, probably not a huge extension- but maybe a 2 week one? Im at 42% btw.

-X-
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Mine is going quite slow, but I have made consistant progress. I'd say just over 30%. Theres a good chance I won't finish by deadline, but I would certainly still submit and would gladly use an extention if one is given.

I agree corky, NE doesn't feel the same anymore. Just look at the ratio of RCT topics vs. JBruckner topics :/ kinda depressing....:drool:
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

Mine is going quite slow, but I have made consistant progress.  I'd say just over 30%.  Theres a good chance I won't finish by deadline, but I would certainly still submit and would gladly use an extention if one is given.

View Post

JKay NOT finishing a park on time? IT'S A SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

Mine is going quite slow, but I have made consistant progress.  I'd say just over 30%.  Theres a good chance I won't finish by deadline, but I would certainly still submit and would gladly use an extention if one is given.

I agree corky, NE doesn't feel the same anymore.  Just look at the ratio of RCT topics vs. JBruckner topics  :/ kinda depressing....:drool:

View Post

Hey asshole, I care more about this site than 95% of the members, so fuck you. Even if I don't play the game I still care for and love this community.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    You'll get something from me..
    And why NE feels dead atm; Everybody is working on his PT2 entry!

SF
  • cBass%s's Photo
    I just realized that I have an ideal time to work on my PT2 park during the week between Christmas and New Years, so maybe an extra couple of weeks would be nice.
  • John%s's Photo
    Well, the chances of me finishing anything related to RCT in the near future are nonexistent. I don't even remember the last time I opened RCT to actually build something. Maybe early September? :( Between school and working, my free time has disappeared.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Haha I haven't played since September '04, or so it seems. I have loads of ideas but no technology.
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    All I know is that I sure is hell am wasting a lot of time if I don't submit anything. The extension would be great for all those people who need to get some mildly important papers in by jan 1.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'm still in. I definitely haven't given up on it, I'm just worried that with the lack of progress I've made recently that I won't be done by the deadline (especially since I'll be busy with other things just before Christmas). An extension would be a huge help, as I'd prefer not to send in something unfinished. Like I've said before, I'd really like a deadline sometime around mid January, since for the past two years I've done some of my best work in the first half of January. That's probably because I'm just coming off break, and just restarting class, and I don't have a lot else to do.

So yeah, still in, but a few weeks would help a lot. Otherwise I'll probably be sending in something unfinished, or expanding on it for the spotlight.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    To be honest, I don't know. I've had different priorities in my life recently and with the time I have I don't know if I'll be able to finish. However, I do have a good amount of work done and I might be able to finish for the sake of the contest if there's a bit of an extention.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Maybe we can get an extension. I dunno... that's Iris's call. I'm probably at 20%, but I know what I want to make generally. I figure if I finished Paleos Bay in three weeks, I *should* be able to finish what I have left in a month if I need to.....
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I'm still in too. It's finally starting to come together for me now, maybe 20%, and it should be moving faster soon as I'm beginning to force myself to sit down and at least look at it for a little while everyday now.

Yeah, um. Extention would be good, I can't believe I actually want one but I do. :-/

Anyway, it does look like it's going to be a rather weak turn out. I'm guessing 15 entries or so. Not aweful but pretty damn poor compaired with the PT1 which for some reason seemed more exciting (at least to me).

ride6

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading