Ask the Experts / Kumba's Hack Tips

• PBJ%s's Photo
    ^yes... as far as i know only the track's posted by Kumba don't work...
  • Levis%s's Photo

Way to not read guys.  :p

Wouldn't have posted if I hadn't tried all the obvious "fixes" already.  :lol:

Anyway, I decided to build a path next to that square instead, so I came up with my own modified "fix."  It doesn't correct the problem... just bypasses it.

Although if anyone has another way to get rid of that white path, that'd be pretty cool.  Preferably one that doeson't involve building a path over it, then deleting, then rebuilding... cuz I've already tried all forms of that.   ;)

View Post

I'm not sure if this going to work but you can try it:
    - give the ground under the path a diffrend texture (one you haven't used in youre park)
    - go to the 8 cars trainer object manipulation
    - set action to remove
    - set object type to path
    - set on land type to your chose ground texture.
    - press apply (and cancel to close the window :p ).
    - see if it is still there.

Edited by Levis, 04 January 2006 - 10:45 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo

^yes... as far as i know only the track's posted by Kumba don't work...

View Post

Um, no there are others not in that screen that don't work. I'll update it with more that don't work someday, whats on there is the basic stuff people ask about.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I'm not sure if this going to work but you can try it:
    - give the ground under the path a diffrend texture (one you haven't used in youre park)
    - go to the 8 cars trainer object manipulation
    - set action to remove
    - set object type to path
    - set on land type to your chose ground texture.
    - press apply (and cancel to close the window :p ).
    - see if it is still there.

View Post

Hmmm... that's a good idea! I'll try it! :)
  • Levis%s's Photo
    and ?
    did it work?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    It did!!! :wub:
  • RCTDude2316%s's Photo

Um, no there are others not in that screen that don't work. I'll update it with more that don't work someday, whats on there is the basic stuff people ask about.

View Post

ok thanks for the help, cause i remeber reading somewhere that all the tracks in the orginal rct with no expansions work invisble, so i got a little confused
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Sorry everyone for asking such a stupid question. I'm a noob at hacking, and I would like to know what the fastest way to exit from the game to my desk top is so I can open a trainer. Thanks.
  • RCTFAN%s's Photo
    Press ALT and TAB at the same time.

or run rct2 in a window if you got a powerful enough processor
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Also, if there's a Windows key ( Posted Image ) on the bottom left of your keyboard, between Ctrl and Alt, one press of that should get you to your desktop as well.
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Ok. I have been experimenting with the trainers, and a few issues come to mind...

-How do I get the trainers to appear in-game. Everytime I want to use one, I need to exit to my desktop.

-Whenever I zero clearences with SOB, they restore automatically within a few minutes.

-Can someone post a link to a good track merging tutorial. Sorry Kumba, I tried to follow your steps but the coaster crashed.
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo
    ^
    1. Not possible.
    2. Use 8cars.
    3. Try again? It takes practice, and make sure the tracks are facing the right direction.

-ACE
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Yeah, 8cars claims to have hotkeys but they don't work...what's up with that?
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i don't think the guy who made it could get them to work.
  • zburns999%s's Photo

1. Not possible.

Ahhh, I see. Sorry for such a dumb question. For some reason I remembered seeing the 8cars menu in the game screen onne time. Never mind though.

And, one last question...Is there a way to make only certain parts of the park have mowed grass? I think I remember seeing it in Worlds of Excitement, underneath Medusa's lift. Any help would be great, and thanks for the responses.

Edited by zburns999, 01 March 2006 - 04:18 PM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    mow all the grass and then click on all the squares with the land tool that you don't need to have mowed :lol:

Edited by OLE, 01 March 2006 - 04:23 PM.

• Turtle%s's Photo
    Or.... hire a handyman! Put him down! Watch him mow!

Children of technology... :)
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    please. everyone knows handymen are useless.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    There's also an option in the trainer for that as well though it wairs off rather quickly so it's better to hire a handyman and set him down to only mowing lawn (and maybe watering gardens assuming there are some around). Then put his patrol area over the area you want mowed all the time.

ride6
  • Jammin_Jumb_0%s's Photo
    I am still so confused on to to add objects ONTO a path. How do I even make an invisible path?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading