RCT Discussion / The little things...

• Turtle%s's Photo
    Here's the list of nice things in Bijou Magique. There's not as many as in Isole Calabria, but I still like a few of these very much...

Posted Image

X, your barrel fountain's made me remember these... I like them, and the setting in the open air restaurant...

Posted Image

Not sure why I like this little waterfront so much, but I think it's lovely.

Posted Image

I think that this stretch of pathway is one of the nicest in the whole park, even though it's relatively bare.

Posted Image

This turn with chairlift supports looks good, I think, and the overhanging path adds to it.

Posted Image

I like this seating and viewing area quite a lot, and the whole cramp-ness of this area adds to the atmosphere.

Posted Image

This little viewpoint is one of my favorite things in the whole park. I liked it so much, I scattered them throughout the area.

Posted Image

One of my favorite duels ever, because the blue track just flows down next to the yellow one. One that you definitely have to watch in game to get the full effect.

Posted Image

This double layered plaza is quite nice. Despite the relative lack of space in this section, this gives the illusion of a large, welcoming area.

Posted Image

This little jump over the path give me shivers, not sure why. I love it.

Posted Image

I like the effect of the fake mine train above the real one, especially with the same track.

Posted Image

Another one of those simple things that worked really well. A couple of entertainers outside the cinema, and you have an outdoor show to preview the screening...

Posted Image

I like these sweeping turns, I seem to get them into my woodies hehe...

Posted Image

This little garden really gives off a nice atmosphere of calmness. I'm proud of it...

And so ends your trip through this park. It really tells how much i've improved from one park to the next (in my opinion), that I struggled to find details in this park, although Isole Calabria is packed full of them. I think it shows in the end product, as well...

Hope you enjoyed it.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Awesome Turtle. I forgot how that plaza was done. It works really well. Some lovely details in the park, nice stuff!

Can't see Egyptopia ones :(
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I don't know what's up with the Egyptopia screens. They're all jpegs.
  • NForce%s's Photo

I don't know what's up with the Egyptopia screens. They're all jpegs.

View Post

IE's got the little red X's at least. Firefox has the images as 'user posted image' text. Otherwise I'm getting the same error as Turtle.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I've decided to do The Aegean, hope it's okay, nate, because none of my parks have any of these cool ideas. or have seen the light of day, at the very least. :lol:

========
    Posted Image

this is one of my most favorite entrances ever. the combination of the wooden track, single-railed coaster, and the path look so cool, in my opinion. it even has windows! that bell tower is one of the cooler things i've seen in a while, too.
    ========
    Posted Image

i thought the detail of thise was just awesome. the amount of stuff on this ride alone is awesome. i had to split it into two screens. :p the time nate must have taken to do the supports and the air tank must have been staggering. although it does look very similar to the one foozy did... ;P
    ========
    Posted Image

again with palio, i love how he used the "fake" station and made it come out of that building in the middle of a turn, the roof of the station, and the use of the sign to countdown until the launch is just a very neat concept. the monorail supports and the heartline airtank both add to the experience, as well.
    ========
    Posted Image

I just thought this was cool, using the cards as a poster telling the times of the shows in that stadium. it's used elsewhere in the park, too. this was just the first one i noticed.
    ========
    Posted Image

gondolas! i thought it was really cool that he took the time to put a little godola ride for the guests to ride around the area in.
    ========
    Posted Image

one of my favorite places in the park. i love the feeling of this screen. it's so cramped and close, yet it feels comfortable. i could imagine myself sitting on one of those benches watching the water and any other guests riding the gondolas around. the atmosphere here is amazing, in my opinion.
    ========
    Posted Image

this screen shows the care and dedication that went into this park. despite the path already having rails, nate took the time to stack those fences up and create his own. the trackless go karts are cool, too.
    ========
    Posted Image

i can't imagine the amount of time nate spent making this look right. the stacked fence, the ride supports for the dock/path thing. one of the more creative ways to make something normal into something awesome.
    ========
    Posted Image

this queue line is, like most things in this park, one of the better ones i've seen. the way it's enclosed, yet still open, is such a cool thing. nothing major, but still really neat.
    ========
    Posted Image

i love that chain. i have never seen it done before, and it's one of the coolest things i've ever seen. it's also a different and fun take on lighthouses. and that fence at the bottom, the mix of roman fence and pillars, looks great, too.
    ========
    and last,
    Posted Image

my favorite ride in the park. this building has inspired me more than anything else, and it's such a fun ride to watch. i had to make it a large screen because i really wanted to show, in my opinion, its best part. not really a little thing, but i feel i had to show it.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Nice one there tracid. I really missed some of that stuff. I'll go do some of Mt. Sinister... :p Because it's impossible to map out all the details in that one.

ride6
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Wow, thanks for that tracidEdge! As for the Air Thrust, I have to give Foozy credit. You called it; obviously inspired by what he did, but it was just so amazing I needed to build something like it.
  • super rich%s's Photo
    All of these tiny details are great and i hadnt recognized some of them before. And also Turtle when i saw your second review i had to go and take a look at the park itself:)
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    BTW nate, why not just use Imageshack for the pictures?
    Good reviews everyone, I find them very interesting.

More I say, more!
  • MasterOfDisaster%s's Photo
    i'm doin a review about jkay's rocky mountain mystique :birthday:
    when i first looked at the park i didn't see most things.
    if u have closer looks at the park you see things that are very cool!
    well i start

Posted Image

i like the architecture of this house very much, the rocks with the stones and the wood.
    that is awesome! i think jkay was right to build that inn on an island, the water is a nice contrast to the building.

Posted Image

I really like the supports and the way of theming the railway!
    i mean the roofs and the wood poles. awesome! :evil:

Posted Image

i didn't see this detail first :D
    i think it should be a "stake" in an indian camp.
    well i like this lil' detail :mantis:

Posted Image

I like the glass windows, really modern architecture and athmosphere in this screen!
    the colours work perfect in that screen 8)

Posted Image

i really like here that you can look at the trains
    the architecture here is really insane!

Posted Image

the colours in this screen don't look weird, they're right in this screen!
    not too strange!
    i like the way the coaster is integrated in the mountain!

Alltogether the park is nice, and i'm looking forward looking at other parks closely

- MoD -
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I think I would look at all of these more closely if they were in different threads, and the thing is if a person does one that is not their own park, other people can contribute to the thread because theres less chance of them catching everything. Just a though.
  • trav%s's Photo
    MOD, if that's all you can find on RMM, then you don't look hard enough at parks, I'll put another one up with the real details ;)
  • trav%s's Photo
    Well, here is mine of RMM:

Posted Image

As MOD said, this is a fantastic building, probably my favorite in the park. All the little details on this add up to one great looking building. I also like the way it sticks out on a little island.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted Image

The detail put into this using 1/4 tile blocks is amazing, it looks so abstract and modern imo, and I just love it.
    Posted Image

I dunno what it is about this, but I thought it had a certain charm. Definately a good detail, and what makes it better is that they're dotted around this area of the park!
    Posted Image

A very original concept, and pulled off extremely well I must say. I love the ramps and the idea of speedboats jumping over them, and then the Jet Ski things next to it were just the icing on the cake for me.
    Posted Image

A small detail, but brilliant none the less. I loved the idea of having railway traffic lights *I have no idea what they're called*. It just added to the atmosphere and fitted in so well.
    Posted Image

Ahhh, the infamous mine train. The loop hack was superb and the idea for a hologram ghost train chasing was brilliant, I don't know how you come up with some of these things.
    Posted Image

Not really a detail, but I just thought this was so good I had to show it. One of my favorite areas in the park, I can imagine standing there and hearing the water rushing down the falls. Fantastic JKay, fantastic.
    Posted Image

The Oil Derrek by Magnus, one of two guest spots in this park. This was a nice idea, but hats off to Magnus for pulling it off so well.
    Posted Image

I loved these little "Tiki Torches" and how they were used as lamposts the whole way round this area.
    Posted Image

I don't know why I like this coaster station, I just do, maybe it's because of the colour and texture mixing, and how they just fit.
    Posted Image

The idea for a walkway from one house to the other was simply brilliant, and who better to do it than JKay :).
    Posted Image

I don't know what the fuck it is, or why it's there, but it's good. The little staircase up the rocket was a nice touch.
    Posted Image

This building was another one of my favorites. I usually hate symmetry, but it just worked here, the way it looks out onto the river is a nice idea and pulled off well.
    Posted Image

The best entrance I've ever seen to an area. Simple.
    Posted Image

"The Cage". Original concept and it looks amazing too.
    Posted Image

This was a deatil I missed out the first few times looking at this, but now I'm glad I realised it. It's a nice touch and adds to the Cemetery atmosphere of this area.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

My 2 favorite bridges in the park. JKay did a wonderful job with his bridges, it kinda reminded me of something Beejer would make.
    Posted Image

I just found this to be breathtaking, the architecture is simply amazing, the best area for archy in the park imo. The foliage adds to the atmosphere with its overgrown feeling, and it just adds up to be one awesome screen

Posted Image
    This last one is just basically to show how much time and effort JKay put into this, 243 years? That's a long time, when you think that one year in Rct is an hour in our time (I think, or is it half hour?)

Congrats JKay on making such an amazing, brilliant and breathtaking park. Can't wait to see what you come up with next :).
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

That's a long time, when you think that one year in Rct is an hour in our time (I think, or is it half hour?)

View Post

Yeah, does anyone know for sure? I was just thinking about this the other day, since my PT2 park is now a century old.

Anyways, this topic has been very inspirational.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    i remember, when i first got rct, i beat forest frontiers in about two hours. the objective is only for one year, so yeah, about two hours a year.
    not sure if it's the same for rct2, though.
  • artist%s's Photo
    i think its half hour equals a year in rct2 not too sure though, someone time it :D :D
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Bijou Magique is about 320 years, I think? Did I really spend that long on a computer game? No wonder my parents were pissed hehe...
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    i'll go beat Forest Frontiers now and find out.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    It depends on the speed of your computer. For me it's somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes.

Now MT SIN!!!!

Posted Image
    Posted Image

-The Two ends of the "Sinister Valley Caverns", one of those things that's confusing at first because you can only see one end clearly, but once it's clear it's a true moment of shock. In the 2nd screen is one of my favorite bridges in the whole place as well.

Posted Image

-The boats in the lagoon area of the park. A cool detail in and of itself, but not only are they there but they're station has a beautiful overhead trelis.

Posted Image

-The Toboggan! I almost shit myself the first time I saw this. Just such an awesome little ride that I don't think I've seen anywhere else in rct before or since...

Posted Image

-Just one example of the excellent gardens scattered throughout the rolling landscape of this park. This was another one of those "OMG" moments for me the first time I noticed them (the gardens).

Posted Image

-The Great American Choo Choo BBQ, one of a few reminders that Mount Sinister is not only a world but also an amusement park all the same. And I just love that it has it's own little train that runs across the front of the building from time to time. The escalators and stairs headed up the mountain can also be seen behind the building.

Posted Image

-The "flying saucer" bumber cars with it's overhead cover including raised fences. A good example of how Mala manipulates folidge to create texture and atmosphere here too.

Posted Image

-Aquarium. I know it was done better by RRP, possibly before this, but this is the one that was released first and it's just very cool that things such as museums are scattered around, look for them and you'll find many!

Posted Image

-I'll end with the lift up the mountain on the Lagoon side, and my inspiration to learn how to hack path arches into walls. Simply breathtaking.

I've only scratched the surface here, do yourself a favor and go take a look around the place. I know it looks kinda sloppy at first but give in an hour or two and it'll suddenly start to make sense. You'll starts seeing patterns rather than brainless repitition and details burried under the rides that are fascinating all on their own.

ride6

Edited by ride6, 23 December 2005 - 08:56 PM.

• Brent%s's Photo
    ^ And how far zoomed in/out you are.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading