RCT Discussion / The little things...

• Silenced%s's Photo
    it took me 1 hour and 11 minutes. weird.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I like these two screens from RCTNW's Skagit River Amusement Park

Posted Image
    Just the exit out of the station with the star formation thing he did, looks rad, never seen it done before, really clean. And the bathroom... dunno why, but it's a nice structure to compliment the ride's own.

Posted Image
    My favorite monorail station. ever. Dunno why, but it's just awesome, outside but covered in a wooden surrounding with the path going under for the ferris wheel behind it. Just great.

Edited by The Beta Factor, 23 December 2005 - 08:50 PM.

• Ride6%s's Photo

It depends on the speed of your computer.  For me it's somewhere between 45 and 50 minutes.

Now MT SIN!!!!

Posted Image
    Posted Image

-The Two ends of the "Sinister Valley Caverns", one of those things that's confusing at first because you can only see one end clearly, but once it's clear it's a true moment of shock.  In the 2nd screen is one of my favorite bridges in the whole place as well.

Posted Image

-The boats in the lagoon area of the park.  A cool detail in and of itself, but not only are they there but they're station has a beautiful overhead trelis.

Posted Image

-The Toboggan!  I almost shit myself the first time I saw this.  Just such an awesome little ride that I don't think I've seen anywhere else in rct before or since...

Posted Image

-Just one example of the excellent gardens scattered throughout the rolling landscape of this park.  This was another one of those "OMG" moments for me the first time I noticed them (the gardens).

Posted Image

-The Great American Choo Choo BBQ, one of a few reminders that Mount Sinister is not only a world but also an amusement park all the same.  And I just love that it has it's own little train that runs across the front of the building from time to time.  The escalators and stairs headed up the mountain can also be seen behind the building.

Posted Image

-The "flying saucer" bumber cars with it's overhead cover including raised fences.  A good example of how Mala manipulates folidge to create texture and atmosphere here too.

Posted Image

-Aquarium.  I know it was done better by RRP, possibly before this, but this is the one that was released first and it's just very cool that things such as museums are scattered around, look for them and you'll find many!

Posted Image

-I'll end with the lift up the mountain on the Lagoon side, and my inspiration to learn how to hack path arches into walls.  Simply breathtaking.

I've only scratched the surface here, do yourself a favor and go take a look around the place.  I know it looks kinda sloppy at first but give in an hour or two and it'll suddenly start to make sense.  You'll starts seeing patterns rather than brainless repitition and details burried under the rides that are fascinating all on their own.

ride6

View Post

I feel weird for quoting myself but whatever gets this on the next page without too much work, right?

ride6
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    What a great and inspirational topic this is!!!

Thanks Turtle, for starting this one. :birthday:

And thanks anyone who did reviews of the `little things " in parks, whether it is your own or someone elses.

My favourite little things so far are in Turtle's, x 250's and Phatage's parks. Oh, and Jkay's. Well , in the others also are awesome details.
    About 60% of the details I had seen before, but some 40% is new to me.

RCT2 does indeed need 45 to 60 minutes for one gameyear.
    Depending on: your computerspeed, how big the map is combined with how full the game is with rides and objects, if the game-music is turned on and if there are peeps in the park.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    I have a couple in BGSS id like to show, the time will come.
  • MasterOfDisaster%s's Photo

MOD, if that's all you can find on RMM, then you don't look hard enough at parks, I'll put another one up with the real details ;)

View Post

i only took the details i didn't find first and i did'nt have that much time...
    next review will be bigger :D
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Nice Ride6. That last one has always been one of my favourites.
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    My favorites of PM (or in other words: all screens I showed):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • X250%s's Photo
    Tyandor, when you finish EGAS- i am doing one for that. However i do worry if there is enough time in a week to cover all 'little details' in EGAS lol. But seriously, finish it, now.

-X-
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Wow, great idea, Turtle!

All those little details were what really enamored me to Isole Calabria. Seriously... that's one of the things I look for.

And details doesn't necessarily mean lotsa tiny scenery. All it can be is just a little building in one nook or cranny that really sets up a great mood.
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    My work.
    Posted Image

1. I just liked this little custom path and how it snakes through the rocks.
    2. The ticketstalls houses statues 'cause they look like the employes.
    3. An overhanging Station in the mainstreet. I never saw that before but found it pretty nice to have shops underneath it, so you can walk through the mainstreet and watch the train crossing over your head while you shop.
    4. A little spot where the guests can take photos.
    5. I just really like this souvenir stall. I can imagine myself sitting on one of the custom benches in this area and watching the people shopping in the souvenir stall.
    6. The fountain. Duno why but I like it so much. Maybe because it's so wide.
    7. A custom lattice. The guests so walk into the queue to ride a beast.
    8. A little turnstile. Never saw that before so I thought it might be a nice detail to add to the athmosphere.
    9. The elevator takes the guests down while waiting in the queueline. Kumba i know you also wanna steel that :p
    10. I liked the fact that the canon is watering the gardens.
    11. The openairstation of a Watercoaster directly over the entrance to the park.
    12. The Railway crossing a path.
    13. The small surrounding of the ride and the queueline wich can be seen through the ride under the house are nice details in this area of the park i think.
    14. A little custom ride I made. Turned out quite well i think.
    15. / 16. The coastline has many possibilities to sit and relax while see the little custom boats crossing.
    17. A little custom stair to a restaurant. To get there you first have to wash your feets in the small wirlpool before.
    18. The witchdipper you know. Hehe.
    19. Some zombies came out of their graves because the military just puts all the nuclear waste onto the old graveyard.
    20. The entrance to cemetry Island. I really like the fence and the portal.
  • X250%s's Photo
    OMFG Egghead!!! Finish this park now and send it to me!!!

Honestly, those screens have 'spotlight' all over them. The custom ride is brilliant, and the cemetary entrance... wow. What percentage are you at?

-X-
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    These are all cancelledand I will load them up today. I looked at them today and thought they are just shit. My new Park is better than that at all i thing looking back at these.
    I though am glad you enjoyed them. :yup:
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Egghead, i'm dissapointed you didn't finish this. Your decision, I guess.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    OMG egg u suck! u cant finish stuf worth a shit1

J/K. Though I am disappointed that you couldn't finish that park. You would've been a parkmaking god if you'd have finished it.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Mmm... got around to it, a couple of glyphindel, then some of ULW.

Eruption, this is a waterride/cafe, and i just thought it looked really nifty. The volcanoe looks like it belongs there and i hacked half the land up along side it.

Posted Image

Ape's cobra roll, the flowers, the way it heads on it, the way it's an inward cobra roll not an outward. my personal favorite cobra roll :).

Posted Image

Ape fully. Little things would probably be the sign that says something along the lines "are you ready to ride APE?" right by the APE sign and spot you can see most of ape but this is just something that worked out so well imo. It looks like a ride, but it also looks like a structure with a ride on it.. and the sign really should count as little extras. It all works together. The only area in god i'm still truly fond of myself, it all seems to work. Most other people'd probably disagree, though.

Posted Image

"dam ahead, turn back!" says the sign. Had to look into that. What i really like is how the coaster weaves itself back, and the station, and i still like the rest of the ride a lot too. One of the better rides of myself, if i say so myself. It's not for everyone though.

Posted Image

and lastly, best welcomes message like ever... lol.

Posted Image

two pictures, the entrance and the entrance plaza right after that. Probably the entrance that worked out best, it has all the little tid bits too. Toilets, guest relations, shops, etc etc. And the plaza feel is a rarity to come by imo, i think it worked out here. First time those invert covers were used that way.. and the little things? They're all the same ride.

Posted Image

Posted Image

a minimalistic launch, it just works... to me, somehow.

Posted Image

you can look inside the ride here! i love this little bit. The inside was done nicely imo as well.

Posted Image

The light seemed nice, i think i remember i took that off of aeros parks now. nice nonetheless. The stage worked out like i wanted it to too.

Posted Image

The underground lab!!! Wow. i almost forgot this detail myself =P. Guests should actually be able to visit this place =D.

Posted Image

damn, this coaster just swerves. Over the water, down the mountain side. No where does it feel like it's over landscaped, like the landscape is fitting the coaster. It just feels right to me, one of my personal favorite coaster designs. and it was done ages ago. (we're counting years... now..)

Posted Image

just love how it drops and it looks like you're going to fall off.

Posted Image

shop, with actual merchandise. Multiple stalls for one shop are done throughout the park, this large Marvel Alterniverse Store shows it beautifully. A little thing i have yet to see somewhere else.

Posted Image

xmen, awesome little ride =P.

Posted Image

This stage worked out neat (so did the arcade/building on the other side). It actually goes downward from the path, i love that about it. And it looks smooth.

Posted Image

And i know, horribly outdated. Someday, you know, i'll make something new!
  • artist%s's Photo
    Wow WME this is so wierd sooooo soooo wierd i was just looking through all your LL parks and i was thinking wow WME is fucking awesome and all those little details you just pointed out i noticed straight away.

My fav LL players now stand at...

Posix
    Natelox
    WME
    Fatha
    RRP
  • RCTCA%s's Photo
    What park is that blue coaster in and where can I find it?
  • artist%s's Photo
    Ok i had to do it, the most beauitful park EVER created...Raindrop Riviera created by Posix. Lately i have really been into LL parks and my love for this park is soooooooooo big, its just so beautiful and i really can imagine myself there and wow it's just filled with atmosphere and beauty, so yeah heres my "little things" on Raindrop Riviera, shame i dont have time to do them all :(

Posted Image
    Wow, just look at that wooden, imagine your walking along maybe thinking about a bite to eat or stop off at a gift shop and then this train roars over your heads, you look up and wow this amazing, huge wooden coaster towering above your heads. When i saw this part of the park it gave me goosebumps, hehe.

Posted Image
    Next up is the Cobra roll, this just had me dribbling. Phil the way you made the seating area where people would be eating there lunch and see the train sore over that cobra roll really had me wanting to jump into a firt person view and have lunch there. Beautiful.

Posted Image
    Now these rapids and its queue (in the same area) had me very excited, the way you have made the queue line interact with the rapids is so fun. Your queueing and river rapid boats are rafting underneath you, also the queue line going over the bottem of the drop is brilliant, guests in the queue would have fun looking at the other people expressions when they hit that drop :) yeah i know this has been done so many times but this is the most beautiful i have ever seen it done.

Posted Image
    This area is one of my all time favourites, i just love the colours and the natural look you created here, so peaceful and relaxing, the seating area by the lake was a great touch, what a peaceful way to eat your lunch.

Panorama
    Now i had to do this, phil i made you a little panorama of the entrance area and my has the title of my favourite entrance area EVER. Amazing, the way you had ticket booths, toilets, first aid, lockers and info booths. I just love this entrance, i have always been a big fan of realism and this really impressed me. The whole entrance is so beautiful and is the perfect to enter this park. Phil i dont know anyone who can create beauty like you in rct so thats why this park remains my number one LL park of all time. :)

Also now i have my LL disk and having checked out all these wonderful parks i think im going to start playing LL, i have always been interesting in LL and i would really love to give it a go, see if i can get a solo going. :):) I think i need a long break from rct2, maybe forever, i have played it for about 3 years now and i think im getting a little bored. Meh never know i might hate LL :p

Artist/Chris
  • Dan%s's Photo
    I'm suprised noone mentioned Snowdrop. I swear, Matterhorn is probably the best damn looking woodie I have seen in either RCT2 OR LL. Coupled with the fact that it uses locomotive-styled trains is even better.

Dan

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading