RCT Discussion / New LL Memory Editor/Trainer

• darkfire%s's Photo
    You need to use the hex editor to change all of the objects you deleted back to what they were before. It's actually pretty simple to do, so I'll create a flash demo for it when I get back from University tonight.

----

As I'm posting now I'll give a quick update on everything.

I've updated the trainer so you can change the color of single tile scenery objects using the map control as requested, sorry it took so long for me to upload it. I'll hopefully add fences, multitile scenery etc soon.

Link: Latest version

The RCT2 trainer hasn't progressed much since the start of my term (9 weeks ago). Most importantly I'm still not sure how I can support the US version of the game.
    I'm planning to release a beta version on the upcomming RCT fiesta, so everyone can see and test what I've done so far. :)
  • posix%s's Photo
    very cool to see you active again, darkfire.
    best of luck with progress.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    I'm always around, I just don't post much, especially when I don't have anything to report rct-wise.

----

Here is the guide to making things visible again as promised. It's slightly rushed, but I thing it tells you everything you need to know.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Trying it right now. You are my hero, darkfire. :)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Thanks for adding the change color option. That will help me out a lot.

darkfire=god :kiss:

btw, what park is that on the tutorial?... looks pretty cool
  • posix%s's Photo
    the invi tut is for making only certain parts of the ride invisible?
    as in, "how to avoid track type = crooked house but still have a few parts invisible?"
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Yeah, but that didn't work when I tried it. So I tried the other one, which screwed up. It's covered up now, and a friend has a fixed version, so I'm good now. Thanks for the tip though. :)
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

the invi tut is for making only certain parts of the ride invisible?
    as in, "how to avoid track type = crooked house but still have a few parts invisible?"

Just merge the normal ride to one that is a crooked house... Seems like the easiest way to me.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Just started using this. Wanted to say thankyou, it's making my life a LOT easier.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Not sure if I'm right but I noticed that the latest version's (maybe the others') Ride Modifier doesn't recognize a monorail as a ride or have the option of Shuttle Mode in the Operation Mode section. Maybe something to check...
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    Also, whenever I use the stack feature in the Object Editor I get an error trapper.
  • darkfire%s's Photo

Also, whenever I use the stack feature in the Object Editor I get an error trapper.

Here's the fixed version, I wonder when I broke that :p .

OLE: I don't have any problems with this, do you just get this in one park or all the time? And I assume it's still an option in the list, it's just blank when you go to a certain ride?

PS Thanks for all the comments!

Edit: I hadn't realised that it had been so long since I last posted in this thread.

btw, what park is that on the tutorial?... looks pretty cool

It was one of my entries in the preliminaries of the first Pro Tour called Falcon. It was pretty simple, though I suppose it's noteworthy for being the first appearance of the invisible track hack described in the first post.

Edited by darkfire, 11 February 2007 - 05:43 AM.

• Milo%s's Photo
    Well it's on all maps and it just won't come up. Say I open up a blank map and build a monorail (regular, not inverted), whenever I go to the Edit Ride section of the trainer no ride will be registered as being built. Also, there is just no 'Shuttle Mode' on the list of modes. Since that is tied in with the monorail, I wonder if it didn't somehow get skipped over?

Also, is there any way I could take a look at Falcon and any other work? =)
  • zodiac%s's Photo

is there any way I could take a look at Falcon and any other work? =)

Translation: put the damn park up for download...
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    it worked for a while, even though the setup doesn't work for me.
    then just today i got an "invalid picture" message. re-downloading desn't fix it.
    help?
  • RCTCA%s's Photo

ditto. i love codex and would like to see that park.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Hey, Darkfire.

I was wondering if you planned to display the HEX byte for the land tiles in the map control? I know a glitch to remove the supports for coaster track by making the game think its underground, however, that bit of info isn't stored in the track peice's byte. I'm guessing it's in the land tile's. I could just as easily do it through the HEX editer manually, but if my theory is right, it could be beneficial to have it displayed.
  • darkfire%s's Photo

Well it's on all maps and it just won't come up. Say I open up a blank map and build a monorail (regular, not inverted), whenever I go to the Edit Ride section of the trainer no ride will be registered as being built. Also, there is just no 'Shuttle Mode' on the list of modes. Since that is tied in with the monorail, I wonder if it didn't somehow get skipped over?

I have no idea what could cause this, like I said before this works OK for me. I'll try to find a possible cause for this when I have time.

The links for my Pro Tour prelim. entries still work: 1, 2, 3 :). I'd highly recommend going through everyone else's too if you've not seen them, they're in the directory http://www.nedesigns.com/protour/. There was some amazing work from what I remember.

it worked for a while, even though the setup doesn't work for me.
    then just today i got an "invalid picture" message. re-downloading desn't fix it.
    help?

What exactly doesn't work, I can't really help unless I know more precisely what the problem is. :)

Hey, Darkfire.

I was wondering if you planned to display the HEX byte for the land tiles in the map control? I know a glitch to remove the supports for coaster track by making the game think its underground, however, that bit of info isn't stored in the track peice's byte. I'm guessing it's in the land tile's. I could just as easily do it through the HEX editer manually, but if my theory is right, it could be beneficial to have it displayed.

(As far as I am aware) The supports appear if the land tile is before the track in memory.
    More abstractly; each square is a list of objects, an object seems to be considered underground if it's before the land tile in the list (even though you could've changed the height of the object through hacking so it's higher than the land). So to get rid of the supports you need to shift the order of the objects around.
    However I think the easier way to remove supports is by starting construction monitoring, placing scenery/paths/whatever underneath the track and then using 'Select All Scenery/Path' option in the map control to quickly lower all of it below the land. The only other ways I can think of involve having to hack each square individually.

Being able to change the order of the objects in each square is a planned feature for the map control.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    problem: trainer does not initialize.
    when i click on the icon, a window pops up that says "invalid picture" with the oh-so-fun red error sign. then i click ok, window closes, nothing happens.

also, i cannot properly run the installer. i get an error message treading : "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\DIR00001\TEMP\is-69D07.tmp". error 5: Access is denied."

for a while (few days) it ran fine with just the .exe on the desktop, but now i get the invalid picture message. Screen of errors below. codex.exe invalid picture error on the left, Codex_Setup error on the right.

Posted Image
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Ah, it seems your OS can't write to the temp directory. There are many possible causes, but I think the most likely is that your hard disk is full (seeing as how this has just started happening, none of the other things I can think of would happen spontaneously).

Do you have plenty of free space on your hard drive?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading