RCT Discussion / New LL Memory Editor/Trainer

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    *checks C:\ properties*
    yowch. no, i wouldn't say 215Mb out of 8 Gigs is a lot of free space. brb.

edit: now have 1.4Gb free, and still both errors are occurring.

Edited by ][ntamin22, 16 February 2007 - 04:43 PM.

• zodiac%s's Photo
    ^EIGHT gigs? Unless it's a laptop, that's not much. Mine has 160 gigs ;) .
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i'm aware it's not much. i run LL on my old, old PC.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Cool... thanks for showing. I wasn't aware of an archive for those... your stuff is pretty damn cool as well. =)

As for the problem.. it's not too serious so don't worry about it too much. I was more curious than anything.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

problem: trainer does not initialize.
    when i click on the icon, a window pops up that says "invalid picture" with the oh-so-fun red error sign. then i click ok, window closes, nothing happens.

also, i cannot properly run the installer. i get an error message treading : "Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\DIR00001\TEMP\is-69D07.tmp". error 5: Access is denied."

for a while (few days) it ran fine with just the .exe on the desktop, but now i get the invalid picture message. Screen of errors below. codex.exe invalid picture error on the left, Codex_Setup error on the right.

Posted Image

anyone?

i've got a few gigs free now and stil get the error.
    :[ i needs my codex.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    My next guess would be that your temp directory is set to a non-existent folder, the path given in the error message from the setup program seems very odd. It should probably be something like C:\Windows\Temp\. I have no idea how it could just change though.

I'm no expert on Windows/DOS so I could be wrong. But I believe if you open a dos prompt and enter
    %temp%
    this will tell you what you temp directory is. See if this directory exists.
    If (and only if) it doesn't then try setting it to a directory that does. So check that C:\windows\temp exists.
    Then enter
    set temp=C:\windows\temp
    in the dos prompt. It's probably a good idea to make a note of what it was set to originally in case you want to change it back.
    Then try running the trainer. I don't know if after you've restarted your computer %temp% will be set back to the wrong value.

Unfortunately it's very hard to solve problems with Windows as it has essentially no documentation, so the only advice you can ever find concerning a problem with it is to completely reformat.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    I get an error message every time I open up the object editor:

Error number 9: Subscript out of range in Codex_Trainer
    Module: Add Object

Any ideas on how to fix this? It seems to happen most often whenever I zero clearance and object inside a maze piece.

Edited by Ge-Ride, 20 February 2007 - 07:43 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i didn't want to mess with DOS.. so i deleted the directory it was trying to write to. apparently the temp was just full... 35,000-odd files does that to a folder, you know. :p.

point is.. codex runs fine now. :]
  • darkfire%s's Photo

I get an error message every time I open up the object editor:

Error number 9: Subscript out of range in Codex_Trainer
    Module: Add Object

Any ideas on how to fix this? It seems to happen most often whenever I zero clearance and object inside a maze piece.

I'm really busy with my final year project at the moment, I'll look into this once it's all over (after Thursday).
    'Every time' is a figure of speach right, it doesn't actually do this every time?

^good to hear :)
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    ^It did happen every time when I'd posted that, but the problem seems to have gone away. I've concluded that my problem was more related to my version of the game than the trainer itself. My game was soon booting me out less than a minute after I opened any park unless I paused the game. I reinstalled it, but the same thing happened. After checking out the data folder, I swapped one of the data files and now everything works fine.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    After using this thing extensively, I've come up with a whole bunch of bugs.

Number one, every time I change the values in the track byte (the plus sign), the trainer crashes. The rest are non-specific memory errors that I can try to recreate, if you're interested. The most common one, though, is when there's a lot of peices on one tile, it only shows about half, and I'm unable to edit the rest, even when I trick the trainer into showing the rest.

Except for the plus sign thing, all of the bugs are fixed by restarting the trainer and/or game, but it would certainly makes things a lot easier if I didn't have to.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    I should be able to fix first one, when exactly does it happen and what's the error message? I can't recreate it, but I'm not entirely sure which part of the object properties box you're saying causes the error.

The problems that occur after the game and/or trainer have been running for a long time are different kinds of errors. If after closing and re-opening the map control window the objects are then displayed correctly it's probably some logical error in my code. If they're not and the only way to sort it out is to restart the trainer then this is probably something wrong with the runtimes or your operating system (like garbage collection), I couldn't fix these problems but there may be workarounds for them. When the game has to be restarted it's probably a flaw in the design of the trainer, basically the game doesn't work exactly the way I thought it did; there isn't any documentation as to how the game works I've had to find out what I need to know with experimentation and ultimately this means there is no proof that this is correct, only that's it's been the behavior I've observed.
    Make sure you are using the latest version (0.3.0 I believe) as some flaws were fixed between the first release and the last.
    Before:
    Posted Image
    This makes the path spread out accross the whole tile, as if there were a path all around it.

I hit enter until the bit changes, and then I get this bad boy:
    Posted Image
    But, also note, the path did change as I asked it to, It's just that I have to restart the trainer. Not really that much of a problem. This also occurs for me when I change one type of track to another, or change the ride ID (last bit).
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Ah that's already been fixed, just download the newest version. The map control's a lot better in the newer versions so you should have less of the other problems too.

You seem to have quite an old version by the look of it so you probably need to use the setup program to install the necessary controls.
    er... I was just retesting your work. Good job on updating the trainer! I agree with your decisions

*cough*
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    any time i try to click the plus sign and edit hex values the trainer gets those diagonal lines and crashes, telling me my version may be outdated.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Did you install the trainer from the setup program? What does the error message say exactly? Does it say msflexgrid.ocx is missing or may be outdated as that would be the error you'd get when using the hex editor if you hadn't installed everything.

Hope that helps, if not let me know what the error message says.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    error window-

"The Codex Trainer"
    Run-time error '372':
    Failed to load control 'ProperyHexCtrl' from . Your version may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

after this the trainer crashes.
  • darkfire%s's Photo
    Are you using Windows Vista? Apparently the Microsoft Flex Grid doesn't fully work on Vista. If you aren't using Vista then the trainer just isn't installed properly and should be easy to fix.

Do you get an error message when trying to open the main hex editor too?
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    i'm on windows XP home on a non-admin identity.
    anytime i hit a little plus sign the trainer crashes.
    on attempting to open the main hex editor:
    "run-time error '339':
    Component 'Msflxgrd.ocx' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"
    trainer crashes.
    looks like whatever this flex grid nonsense is is the problem >_>

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading