H2H4 / Week 6: Strangelove vs Ferocious Tigers

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which is the better park?

1. Strangelove - Mamba Kilima 55 votes [53.92%]
    Percentage of vote: 53.92%
  2. Ferocious Tigers - Kitabasaki Dragonland 47 votes [46.08%]
    Percentage of vote: 46.08%
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Before week1 of H2H4, I just assumed all parks were professionally judged like the PT2. I was suprised when I learned of this voting system.

I think the best way to overcome this is to not show the results of the votes to people who havn't voted. Better yet, NEVER revial the results untill a specific amount of time has passed. (5 days maybe)? A rule to not allow team members of participating teams to vote would be a good idea also imo.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    Not showing the results would also need to include the current vote count in the voters comments. There have been several instances where (in every match so far) people are making the comment along the lines of "I just made it 50 to 50" or "this is a blowout, team X is up by 25 votes, just call this thing already" These kind of comments can aslo sway the votes.

This particular match will go down as the most talked about match in H2H history (from what I know of it)

James
  • twister12%s's Photo
    this is the first time ive ever read this thread, so im just remarking on the parks. from what ive seen, im not falling in love with the dragonland. it just doesnt seem to be finished, even though it is. imo, strangeloves mamba kilima has a better theme, and also is basically filled with ride options, for such a small park. im goin with the strangeloves on this one. i would like to say the dragon heads are cool in dragonland, though. kudos to whoever made those :p
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Hiding the vote totals wouldn't solve any of the problems of the RCT2 park having an unfair advantage. It'd solve other problems, which would be good, but we still need something to prevent things like this from happening again. Things like voting by comments, or being allowed to show LL screens. I apologize for being so anal about this, but two matches have now gone down under such debatable circumstances that it brings under question the entire integrity of H2H. I'd rather have to question which park is better than question the entire system.

Also, does anyone else notice the almost complete age divide in comments, with younger members favoring Mamba Kilika and more experienced members favoring Dragonland? Kinda suggests a lot.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    For what it's worth, I still don't think I was "robbed" in H2H3-- Ghost Cell Crisis was the better park I think. But obviously that's a matter of opinion. And I hope it's not missed in all this that Mamba Kilima was a very good park too. Thanks X250 and chapelz for making this a close round. We wouldn't even be having this argument if your park wasn't a more than worthy opponent.

I think it's interesting that in three seasons of H2H, I've faced an RCT2 park three times and only won once (with Erwindale Forest) -- and even that was a close round. Actually, this round was almost exactly like that round. Both times my park recieved a lot of negative reviews that seemed unfair to me and both rounds ended with me jumping in and breaking the rules. :p Except that time the RCT2 park wasn't as good as this, and I ended up with the win. I do think this park is much better than any of my old ones though. And like I said before, I'm not really mad about the losing. It's just that it's getting harder and harder to even be competitive with LL, and it isn't because RCT2 is getting that much better, it's because the composition of NE members is changing. The last official NE competition didn't even have any LL entries. I don't think I'll be making any more LL parks anyway so this isn't necessarily about me. If we want to continue allowing this to be an LL and RCT2 competition, it seems like something needs to be done to make it more fair for the LL parkmakers.

PS - Mamba Kilima, Panic. Kilika was last round. ;) And Kiriki the round before. Heh. I detect a theme.
    Oh and twister, it actually wasn't finished. But now it is. I just need somewhere to host the file.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    GCC vs. Cajamarca could have gone either way; I'm not that bothered by the outcome of that one. The other debatable matchup I was referring to was Ragnarok vs. Castle Grijs; it now seems like it's generally thought that Grijs should have won that, with its undisputable favoring in the best park of Week 1 poll and now with many people placing it in their top 10 parks of the season with Ragnarok nowhere to be seen in said lists. I bet if you reran the matchup now, Grijs would win.

Actually, that might be an interesting thing to try. Perhaps with screens of Grijs.

Edited by Panic, 31 August 2006 - 07:23 PM.

• twister12%s's Photo
    since im 14, ill favor mamba kilima, right :p
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Well I was going more by post count than age. I'm not singling you out though, since IMO anyone who bothers to post a comment is respectable.

It does sound like you couldn't view Dragonland in game, but that the screens of it made some difference in your evaluation and thus it was more well-rounded in the end. Proof, everyone, that the screens do help if you're new.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    Ed, I dont think there is a possible way to make it "more fair" for the LL players. LL obviously has the disadvantage because most of us here dont have/play LL anymore but theres nothing you can do to fix that or make it more fair. Its the players choice and that is all it should be. If they wanna build LL, im sure they know some of the consequences, but its their choice. H2H5 should still be LL and RCT2 in my mind.
  • twister12%s's Photo
    i agree (even though i dont have LL or even play the first one at all)

and panic, i also did look at mamba kilima, i though it was pretty darn nice.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    hey so i'm in the enviable position of having access to neither game right now thanks to a broken laptop and slow delivery times.
    given that, i'd like to congratulate ed on a lovely gallery of mindblowing stuff. the landbridge was my favourite bit, although the skylight came a close second. also, i'm amazed at your patience with the stacking of those fences. the pointy tops of the railings must really mean a lot to you.
    as for this whole debate, i'm resigned to the fact that the majority of the members here wouldn't know an amazing park if it hit them in the face. I mean, COME ON PEOPLE.

I find most galling the weakness of most of the criticism levelled at LL parks, along with the otherwise complete indifference on the part of people who don't have the game. you should be down the shops buying a fucking LL disc!

ed, listen to blitz.
    emergo, do you ever stop being so serious?
  • ekimmel%s's Photo

I find most galling the weakness of most of the criticism levelled at LL parks, along with the otherwise complete indifference on the part of people who don't have the game. you should be down the shops buying a fucking LL disc!

Everyone should have LL. It's $10 at Target. That's about the same as 2 Starbucks coffees and hella more enjoyable. Your only excuse should be that you live in Bumfuck, Montana where there isn't a Target or Wal-Mart or whatever the Euro stores are called.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    And I get sick of the "every LL parks nowadays has to be something new and exciting and crazy" saying to be considered a great park. I agree that it is nice to put time in and think of new things but if it werent for RCT2 and its custom scenery LL would be much more appreciated. An LL park shouldnt have to be hacked like crazy to be great. Thats why I never liked the idea of custom scenery in RCT. Why not just build in LL.

I dunno I probably just rambled on right there so none of it probably makes sense at all. Blah, its all good.
  • Buckeye Becky%s's Photo

Everyone should have LL. It's $10 at Target. That's about the same as 2 Starbucks coffees and hella more enjoyable. Your only excuse should be that you live in Bumfuck, Montana where there isn't a Target or Wal-Mart or whatever the Euro stores are called.

You can buy a used one at Amazon.com for $1.24

An LL park shouldnt have to be hacked like crazy to be great.

The thing is I actually don't like the LL parks that are hacked to death....maybe LL players should take a lesson from Posix :bunny:
  • X250%s's Photo
    Starbucks is a mega rip-off, went to Birmingham yesterday and they wanted i think it was £3 for a regular coffee or something, total madness. You can probably get LL for free from these dodgy download sites aswell.

Anyway about the parks, both of them were good i felt and i really think it could have gone either way, i understand that the voting can be a bit bias due to the fact that some people don't have LL, but i also think there was bias based on the fact that a lot of veterans here recognised it was a famous Ed park, and voted for him cos hes amazing. So it doesn't really surprise me that the voting was fairly close in the end, a draw would have been a fair result i suppose so our team is obviously very happy to get a win in such an important week, against such a good opposing park. I think the winning edge was due to the two humping hippos on the waterfront:

Posted Image

And you all reckoned KD had cool details... =P

Seriously though, its kind of getting annoying how every single matchup that I am involved in results in controversy and general bitching, as i was saying in my team forums, i really truly hate H2H, all i can say is bring on QFTBX II. :)

-X-
  • artist%s's Photo

i really truly hate H2H, all i can say is bring on QFTBX II. :)

But i killed you in the last QFTBX, are you really sure you want to go there again? :p

hehe
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Sorry to post an incredibly off topic stupid question but what was QFTBX? I see it referenced a lot but have no idea what it was.
  • Akasha%s's Photo

Sorry to post an incredibly off topic stupid question but what was QFTBX? I see it referenced a lot but have no idea what it was.

http://newelement.co...ftBX/index.html
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    is that ever going to get finished.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Nate was declared LL winner and I was declared RCT 2 winner.

On AIM.

Cuz Iris was lazy. :lol: :p

Consider it done. I don't think Nate has time to do much RCT'ing anymore.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading