H2H4 / Week 6: Strangelove vs Ferocious Tigers

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Which is the better park?

1. Strangelove - Mamba Kilima 55 votes [53.92%]
    Percentage of vote: 53.92%
  2. Ferocious Tigers - Kitabasaki Dragonland 47 votes [46.08%]
    Percentage of vote: 46.08%
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

given that, i'd like to congratulate ed on a lovely gallery of mindblowing stuff. the landbridge was my favourite bit, although the skylight came a close second. also, i'm amazed at your patience with the stacking of those fences. the pointy tops of the railings must really mean a lot to you.
    as for this whole debate, i'm resigned to the fact that the majority of the members here wouldn't know an amazing park if it hit them in the face. I mean, COME ON PEOPLE.

You know, with the fences and the Black Powder building and whatnot, I just decided that I was okay spending a lot of time on something tedious if it was worth it in the end. This is most probably my last LL park, maybe last RCT park. If there was ever a project where I wasn't going to let a little more time stand between me and a good idea, this was it. In the end I did run out of time, which really sucked, but I still got to put a lot of cool stuff in there. I made the same decision back in 2003 with Erwindale Forest. I knew I could make those trees, but it was going to be tedious and aggravating (the Beast had a real tendency to error trapper at inconvenient times and you couldn't save halfway through a massive stacking job) so I built them anyway. One of the trees I had to do twice because of an error trapper. It was well-worth the extra effort then, and it's still worth it now. Not just for RCT, for everything.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Well, are you going to release that version you said you did more work on or what, because I'm dying here.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah, I just got home this morning so I haven't had time yet. Tonight then.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Here's the updated version with the included readme file -- in pdf format. That seemed like the best format since everyone can read it. You may need to download Adobe Acrobat Reader though.

Posted Image
    (click on the picture)

Or click here
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    ^Great picture, all I could think when I looked at it was "what looks more out of place?? The answer is of course the sea port however many arguments could be made as to why (composition of the shot and such). lol

Anyway I'll be sure to give this a look soon.

Ride6
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Just reinstalled LL and checked out all of my favorite LL parks from the past. Jesus Ed! I forgot how awesome your H2H parks were! I hope some newer members on NE check out this park, as well as Erwindale, Battlefield RCT, and Cajamarca 1532.

PS: The dragons in this park, and the "twirling tree" in Erwindale are my favorite elements in any RCT park to date.

Come back Ed!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Just reinstalled LL and checked out all of my favorite LL parks from the past. Jesus Ed! I forgot how awesome your H2H parks were! I hope some newer members on NE check out this park, as well as Erwindale, Battlefield RCT, and Cajamarca 1532.

PS: The dragons in this park, and the "twirling tree" in Erwindale are my favorite elements in any RCT park to date.

Come back Ed!

Thanks for the kind words. :) Believe it or not, I'm not dead. I've been trying to focus my energies into directions that have some potential at actually some day leading toward a career and thus other projects have fallen by the wayside (though not for lack of affection, as RCT and indeed NE will always have a special place in my heart). I wish I'd been able to at least finish Illium City, the H2H minipark that Evil WME and I started years ago, before taking such a long break. There's work in that park that I'm very proud of both from myself and from WME. I like to believe in happy endings so (fingers crossed) I still imagine a future where this isn't my last finished piece of RCT parkmaking.

It's shocking to realize how long it's been since I was active here. Like the Thomas Wolfe book says, you can't ever really go home again. But I have nothing but fond memories of the time I spent here and all of the wonderful people who made it seem exciting and daring and creatively fulfilling to take a little amusement park strategy game and dream bigger. Cheers to you all!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Good to see you! Plenty of Codex to go around.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    A timeless work of art. Coaster Ed was way *fucking* ahead of it's time.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I figured that if I can ever vote 100% for something, it might as well be this park, a masterpiece. And it's good that Coaster Ed's parkmaker status has been restored.
  • alex%s's Photo

Such a shame there was never a full size solo from Coaster Ed with the same level of imagination, wildness and beauty in his h2h parks.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading