Ask the Experts / Hex Edit Tutorials

• Xophe%s's Photo
    Haha I guess it could be useful for some things. But in this situation it's SO annoying. I don't understand how it could work at one station but not the others. I've tried it twice at station 2 and once at station 3. Neither worked. I guess maybe the reason it works at station 1 is that the peeps always go out the exit at station 1 regardless of which station the train is actually at.
    Grrr....
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    trams are at the lowest possible height of a tile, so why use hex to make the station invisible? seems crooked house will work just fine...
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Argh why didn't I think of that?!!
    Thanks Gee I'll give it a go. :)
  • Levis%s's Photo
    probally the exit hut you've build isn't recognised by the game anymore.
    build the exit hut again and see if the peeps use it.
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Well I did some experimenting.
    Crooked house mode caused an error trapper, I'm assuming because I used diagonal track. And if I merge to make the stations a separate ride then I can't use continuous ciruit mode anymore and so the station has to be really long to get enough trains.
    So I tried playing with hex editing a bit more. I can get it to work if I raise the exit to the same height as the raised track then lower it when I lower the now invisible track. I tried it one track section at a time, though. So I started with the section of station that had the exit connected to it and it worked. But when I made the rest of the station invisible it didn't work anymore! Also, I tried Levis's suggestion of rebuilding the exit. I made the entrance and exit visible again but that had no effect. Then I tried rebuilding the exit hut but when the station is invisible it's impossible to build the exit as the game doesn't know that there's a station there to connect the exit to.
    Argh!
    I did manage to make a working invisible mini golf though so I was pleased with that!

Edit: I just noticed something weird. I was testing the railway and the peeps on the train that arrived at the invisible station disappeared underground on their way across the park to the original exit. But then, seeing as it clearly didn't work, I closed the ride. But the peeps that had just got on the ride at the invisible station got off the train and went through the exit properly. So it seems that the exit works right sometimes but not other times. Weird...

Edited by Xophe, 22 February 2009 - 05:26 PM.

• Levis%s's Photo
    all the stations are invisible right?

btw if you want it to be contiues circuit and still merge there is a simple solution to it.

make a dummy track. so first make the whole circuit and just use normal track where you want the station.
    than build the station of a other ride above it. raise some track from the main ride up to the station level and rebuild the track below.
    now merge with the track which is higher.
    than start the ride, after you've done this, lower the track where the station is suppost to be and also lower whats under the floating track. now put the station and other track in place.
    you will see the ride just going trought the stations and working but you can make the invisible now.
    but if you close the ride you have to raise this "dummy track" again to open it again.
    this is how you can merge with blockbrakes also ;) .

I think the station problem has something to do with the game not recognising the connection between the station and exits anymore, but I need to see it ingame to fix it....
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Thanks for your help Levis but I don't really understand...
    I built a test track with a straight section where the station should be. Then I built a station of a new ride above it. When you say "raise some track from the main ride up to the station level and rebuild the track below" do you mean raise the track that is currently under the new station or raise the track that is before and after the new station?
    I tried it both ways. So I raised the track and then merged it with the floating station track. Then you say to start the ride. But the original track doesn't have any entrances/exits and the new station track isn't a complete circuit, so I couldn't open either ride.
    Also, could you explain this part again: "lower the track where the station is suppost to be and also lower whats under the floating track."
    I am so confused!
    Thanks! :)
  • Levis%s's Photo
    http://www.rct-guide...de=article&k=34

I think this tut explains it to you (the text is dutch but the images should do enough).
    imagine the water track to be the normal track, and the green track the station.

if you've done this hack make sure you put the ride to test when the "water track" is still in the ride and than put the green track in place.
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Thanks Levis! I think I understood that method.

I put it into Google translate and look what it came up with for this step:

If you want to have a golf cart for you is that in the green part of the track is still a lot of water containers.
    Please only do that in the marrow if you're in the green jobs a piece with water in the merge section, the other job has a cistern.
    Otherwise, they are not good.

Hahaha!

I'll give it a go.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Maybe someone is able to answer my question:

I saw it on work from geewhzz in El Encierro, that at the queue of the B&M coaster there where two layers of path at the same heigt.

How can I do this with winhack?

I want to make a terras with seats on all 4 sides of a umbrella and that it is still peepable.

Do I first have to put the seats (with path) in place or do I first have to put the other path (the one that makes it peepable) in place?

And then I can just lower it in place or?

(sorry for my questions :p , I just wanted to know this :p )

Thanks in advance for the guy/girl that helps me with this problem :)
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    just build a path with 3 seats that's peepable and build a single path over top with 4 seats and lower it in 8cars or winhack. either will work.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Ah thanks a lot for that reply :D Gonna try it out tomorrow :D thanks Geewhzz :D
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Im having a bit of touble here.
    I can't seem to locate the tile that im looking for. I put it with red rock and put a red fir tree on it but can't find it. I look for the 80 and the other numbers, sometimes looking exactly for the same tile as Leo. Im trying to do The invisible entrance but still peepable. I just can't find the right tile, any help?

Edited by Goliath123, 23 July 2009 - 04:01 PM.

• Xophe%s's Photo
    Try saving the game after you've recoloured the land. Sometimes the changes don't show up in winhack until you save. Also, keep looking through the list of numbers in winhack. In my experience there's sometimes several land tiles with similar hex codes so it's sometimes a bit tough to find the right one.

Hope that helps!
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Search for:

0000"height in hex two times"0080

And after saving restart Winhack. ;)
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Thanks Xophe for the saving tip. But what does Turbin3 mean "height in hex times 2"???
  • Goliath123%s's Photo

you can calculate it in the folowing way:

set your height indication on units.
    look at the number which height your land is.
    for example 3

because land starts at -7 the total height is 10
    because a land tile is 2 clearence heigh the total height is 2*10 = 20
    we work with hexadecimals so 20/16 = 1,25
    you take the part behint the , and does that times 16:
    0.25*16=4
    so the hexadeximal value is:
    so it would give:

14140080 (martian rock)
    if you search on this you'll find your land tile in most cases :) .

.... darkfire needs to release that rct2 codex trainer :p .

I've been going off this as well
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    When your height in unit is e.g. 1, you've to take (1+7)*2 = 16; 16 in HEX = 10

So you've to search for:

the 0000 for the view
    the 1010 for the height
    00 for ?
    80 for the landtype
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Ok so i found that tile (what a relief) how do i change the height of the red fir tree for example?

Edit: Holy shit! I did something! i changed the 1010 to 2020 and got this:

Posted Image

I started with whats on th left but got whats on the right, but i want to change the height of the tree, not land.

Edited by Goliath123, 23 July 2009 - 04:43 PM.

• Xophe%s's Photo
    The code of whatever objects are on the tile (in this case the fir tree) appears directly after the code of the land tile. And one of the hex values (I think it's the third value but it's been a while since I did it so I'm not sure) is the height of that object. Changing this hex value changes the height of the object.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading