Ask the Experts / Hex Edit Tutorials

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    My third value is a number and then a letter (1B) so i looked at value 6 and saw 10, so i changed that to 6 and the treee dissapeared, i out it back to 10 and it came back :0. When i changed 1B i got an error trapper. At least i can find the landtile.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    What do you want to do now, raising a tree or invisible entrances?^^
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Im working on the invisible entrance and exit but i dont know how to raise them. the tree was like a test
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    The 1B is a hexidecimal number so it includes letters (it's complicated). But you have to change the third value, otherwise you're not changing the height. This is so hard to explain haha! Just do exactly what it says on page 1 of this thread and you should be ok. Levis explains what each hex value means.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    But he says that the third value is the height of the land tile?

This is what happens when i hange the height of the third value to 30:

Posted Image

sorry about the pic

Edited by Goliath123, 23 July 2009 - 05:09 PM.

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    I did it! I got the entrance removed right but the virginia reel is still floating in mid air. Is that right?

Posted Image

I stuffed up the exit...

What a way to spend 1 whole hour! :)

Edited by Goliath123, 23 July 2009 - 05:22 PM.

• turbin3%s's Photo
    You can remove the virginia reel, i think.
  • Xophe%s's Photo
    Congrats! Now that you can do that you can do loads of cool stuff. And yes you can just delete the virginia reel track as soon as it gets buried.
  • panther33%s's Photo
    Where can I find the winhack? Id like to give it a shot.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    First post.

Thanks guys im still getting there, i normall just guess the lantile and values and if im wrong i'll just undo, hehe
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Me again

I got the entrance and exits invisible put the peeps don't ride. They go up to the entrance and turn around eventhough it says their queing fi it.

screen

Posted Image

Is it because i don't change the first value to FF? Because when i do i get the blackhole glitch but the entry still works, so i change the value after the A0 to FF, also known as row 8, that makes it invisible but not peep friendly.

Posted Image

the blue 00 are the ones that Leo says to change to FF but then i get a black hole so i change the green 00 to FF but that makes it non peepable. the red ones are the landtiles im using. Any body understand?
  • Cena%s's Photo
    I don't want to sound like an asshole Goliath, but I think you should try to learn more from how RCT works / 8 Cars and then start with doing this. This is complicated, and without knowing the tricks with 8cars, It will get hard to learn Winhack correctly. What helps to if you search a guy here on the forum that can help you out on msn/aim/icq whatever. Sort of backstage lessons.

About your problem:

The red unlined blocks are the landtiles, after each landtile you get the object that is the lowest to the ground of the map. So a ride at 10 ft, get first before one at 50 ft.

So if you want to make the hut invisible,put objects under the entrance. Make that object invisible by changing the object that is under the entrance to FF. That should work, now you change the hut directly to FF. Put a object under it first and then start with hex editing.

But I still think you should learn more tricks with 8cars first ... What does winhack makes sense if you don't know the tricks with 8cars first.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    What am i doing wrong with 8 cars i know a fair bit about it, and i have gotten the invisible entrance to work before, im just having a bit of trouble.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Well i got it working so im not an idot, i just neede a point in the right direction
  • Levis%s's Photo
    I believe I told you dont need to change the landtile but the object. but you probally first need to put an obect on it first and change that. else it wont be peepable.
    when I have time (I hope within the next two moths) I want to revise these tuts and add/remove things. it will be done in dutch first and than in english so untill the you need to do it with these tuts. but please believe me if I say everything in it is correct but some things aren't really updated. I've discovered some new things already.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    to inform you all already.
    I'm working on new hex edit tuts. but I want them to have more info so I'm doing research now.
    I'm using a program called cheat engine 5.5 now to store points in the memory and do more complex memory searches. probally the new guide will use this trainer also and I will try to offer an table of points so you can change them easily.
    if someone is intrested in helping please contact me.

oh and if you wonder why I'm doing this now and not finnish my park(s) first....I need something for a park so thats why I need this info and need to research :p cause its not possible in the conventional ways :p .
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Now can we have sex tutorials?

BTW this whole hex editing thing is truely awesome. Gives a whole new angle on RCT2.

Edited by Wanted, 23 September 2009 - 11:05 PM.

• Goliath123%s's Photo
    I know a bit aout the program like when searching for values times it by 8 and stuff like that.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    @ Goliath, A bit yes

I downloaded Cheat Engine yesterday Levis, gonna start trying out things with it the next few days :) 
  • RamSam12%s's Photo
    The download links for Winhack and RCT2GUIeditor are dead. Can somebody upload them here to the site?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading