Ask the Experts / Hex Edit Tutorials

• Cena%s's Photo
    Yeah sure, I will upload them, hold on :)

Winhack: Make sure you have read the instructions by Levis in the firstpost
    Download Winhack

RCT2 Gui Editor:
    (Gui=Graphics User Interface)
    Download RCT2 Gui Editor

Edited by Cena, 18 January 2010 - 04:01 PM.

• Levis%s's Photo
    will edit the first post soon to change the links.

now hopefully in two weeks I have some time.
    I'm experimenting with some savegame modifing now. after that i'm going to do the hex editing stuff again and I will reveal some new tricks.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    UPDATED

posted a new tutorial about how to change the mapsize. and added the entrance/exit tutorial to the first post.
    now this aren't the new tuts I'm still promosing. this mapsize thing just was requested so many times I couldn't ignore it anymore. and I think it would help some people.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    If you change the mapsize, does the map data limit change also? If so, we should try this with Blykak.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    in theory the datalimit should decrease if you increase your mapsize.
    now i haven't seen blykak ingame (I think) and it could be your map is actually larger then it has to be and you have blacked out some bits. if you remove those blacktiles and decrease the mapsize to what it should be, you get some dataslots again.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    If you increase the mapsize, the data limit increases.
  • Cena%s's Photo
    That's still an theory, we are not sure if that actually is like that, because, you have a solid number of slots in the savegame available, for objects, rides, and landtiles. Would be interesting to find that out though. 
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This is proven:

Mapsize: 140²
    Data limit: 149605

Mapsize: 180²
    Data limit: 162236

Mapsize: 200²
    Data limit: 169219

Maximum mapsize: 256²
    Maximum data limit: 196608

(not 100% accurate)
  • Levis%s's Photo

If you increase the mapsize, the data limit increases.

no, the datalimit DEcreases

the landtiles are part of the mapdata also. if you use them you can't use those slots for objects.
    so say you have a map of 100*100 then you have 10000 landtiles used
    if you have a map of 150*150 you have 22500 landtiles used. so by increasing the map from 100 to 150 you lose 12500 dataslots for objects.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    That's theory. My examples are facts.
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo
    Liam you have to subtract the number of landtiles with your map data limit first. Sure the data limit increases but also the total number of landtiles. I tested it and in every case (e.g. 196608-256²) you get about 130k free slots. Ergo you can't raise the object limit.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Fuck, I misinterpreted my own calculations! :lol:

You're right. Levis still isn't, however. :p The maximum number of objects is 130005 with any map.

My statistics were 130005+(n-2)² (n=mapsize). Useful for watching the map data limit with 8Cars while building.
  • Levis%s's Photo
    as far as I know what here is explained is right:

http://forums.nedesi...showtopic=11377
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    So, does it matter if the map is 256x256 regarding the map data limit?

Thanks for the tutorial Levis. I still think going back to the SE is a faster way to get another map size though. What I usually do when rides are going underground is mark the parts where they went underground with a red grid landtype, lower those landtiles with map object manipulation, then save the ride design, delete it, save the game and open the saved game in the SE. But yeah, for merged rides this probably is faster so thanks again!

SF
  • Cena%s's Photo

So, does it matter if the map is 256x256 regarding the map data limit?

Thanks for the tutorial Levis. I still think going back to the SE is a faster way to get another map size though. What I usually do when rides are going underground is mark the parts where they went underground with a red grid landtype, lower those landtiles with map object manipulation, then save the ride design, delete it, save the game and open the saved game in the SE. But yeah, for merged rides this probably is faster so thanks again!

SF

Well, for some rides I am sure you don't want to do them twice if you haven't have too. It all depends on what your preference is, or rebuilding them or take a gamble and try this :)
  • GigaG%s's Photo
    where do you dl cheat engine?
  • Levis%s's Photo
    try to google it ;) .
  • Levis%s's Photo
    would there be a need for a tutorial on how to change the date to whatever data you want (atfter year 99 cause till then you can use the rct2sgm).
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    please.
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Anyone have winhack for download?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading