General Chat / Ah, opps...

• Kumba%s's Photo
    I was trying to disable links in the music forum and kinda deleted it...

Sorry if you lost posts, or a review you may have wrote, if there is anyway to recover it maybe we can set it up again.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Ah, Kumba.
    Just ask us next time...

Anyway have a backup of the database?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I don't even know how to do back-ups, so no...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    hmmm so not much point me being around here any more then.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    Great work.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    I hope someone is doing backups of these forums... :rolleyes:
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Joe, i'll miss you. Be seeing you then.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    why would you want to disable links in the music forum in the first place?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    He's trying to be too God/Admin like abusing his powers?

When's the forum gonna be back up then?
  • Richie%s's Photo
    try goin to a forum about music?
    hammertime!canttouchthis
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Wait, the music forum is gone and now so is mantis? Because of a stupid mistake, from a very questionable decision?

This is really bad. Seriously.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Let me guess: you were paranoid because of all the MUSIC PIRACY going on in the Music Forum. Trust me, it wasn't a big deal. The authorities were never going to shut down this website. They probably wouldn't have found it, and even if they did, it would have been nothing more than a tiny blip on their radar screen. I'm pretty sure I tried to tell you this, but I don't make the decisions.

So, Kumba, might I suggest you stop fucking with forum settings because it seems that whenever you do, you get undesired results. Although in this case the result was pretty convenient for your peace of mind wasn't it? Of course if you did this to one of the RCT forums, you'd probably be run out of here. But this will be greeted with mild indifference from most so it's okay! Real shame about Mantis though.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Hmmm... sad to see mantis go. However, I only had a few posts in there. But still, I don't wanna see mantis leave. :(
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I've gotta agree with Jelly here.

I'm pretty sure we have a backup from some time. Just gotta find Adix. Music forum should be back, but we might have lost a couple of weeks (or months? I dunno) here and there.

*sigh* Kumba, just don't stress out over the site. :lol: It's good you have enthusiasm, but channel it in the right place. :p
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    come on mantis, you can still chill out in the 'what are you listening to' thread!

oh wait.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I agree with what Jelly said. I am really sorry that it seems to be gone, I was really mad when I saw a link in there and just said fuck it. I really should not have acted so rashly.

I really regret deleting it now, tho I was pretty sure it can't be totally gone? tho it seems it maybe...

I am really sorry to everyone who has posted in there and we may try another music forum soon, but keep in mind this is still an RCT site, however I do realize how disrespectful deleting it was to all you who enjoyed it, you have all the right in the world to be pissed off at me.

Sorry,
    Darren :(
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    It's okay, Kumba. We still love you. As long as you get the forum (and mantis) back.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    wait, mantis isn't really gone... is he? Um... well, I guess this doesn't affect me too much, but if people are going to leave because of that, we're gonna be having problems.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    fuck you man mantis is way better than you could ever be.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    what? did I say anything like that?

I meant I didn't use the music forum much...

Edited by Ling, 21 January 2007 - 10:52 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading