RCT Discussion / The RCT design thread

• Sey%s's Photo
    Wow, I'd love to draw something not a quarter as good!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    wow, robbie, what the fuck! amazing drawing skills too.
  • nin%s's Photo
    not as good as robbie's, but here's a concept for a possible design attempt in the future...

Posted Image
  • inVersed%s's Photo
    Robbie, if i could draw that well i would just quit RCT and stick to drawing parks.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    nin that's awesome
    do it
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Robbie is that a flyer or am I wrong?

I don't get the element on the bottom left, other than that great drawing and I'd like to know on wich size that is drawn because I can really imagine that being drawn on a A4 paper.

I'd really like to see that one in RCT,
    FTW
  • inVersed%s's Photo

I don't get the element on the bottom left

I believe it is a very steep over banked turn around.
  • posix%s's Photo
    some of the drawings are seriously wow.

i have a question: how well does drawing translate to rct for you? because to my experience it usually doesn't.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    BelgianGuy: It's meant to be like this: Posted Image
    The drawing is on plain 8.5"x11"

As for Posix's question, it's extremely difficult at times. However, for me, a themed concept requires a drawing to sort out individual elements and see how it all comes together. For example, for the above sketch, I started an in-game design of this using the same theme but a different concept, causing me to be completely lost after one building. However, this sketch is allowing me to transfer my ideas easily. To get it in RCT, it's almost easier if you treat it as a "recreation," copying what you can. That way, you don't limit yourself until you get in-game. Just my $0.02.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    ^I completely agree, that's what I try and do.

nin, that's a pretty sick idea, I would love to do something like that with you at rctpro. cough cough
  • Cena%s's Photo
    As soon as I have my scanner working I will posts some of mine. 
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    me too
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    luckily for me i have a high resolution camera, well cept nonwrinkled drawings, & photoshop. damn i need a scanner! technically i do but not with a compatible (wireless) router, that my dad isnt ever gonna change. 8@
  • Cena%s's Photo
    ^ WTF? I don't know which scanner you have, but if it's an all-in-one, you should be able to connect it with an USB 2.0 or USB 2.1 cable. 
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Uhhh, he said.....

damn i need a scanner!

Pay attention, you ignorant slut.
  • Cena%s's Photo

luckily for me i have a high resolution camera, well cept nonwrinkled drawings, & photoshop. damn i need a scanner! technically i do but not with a compatible (wireless) router, that my dad isnt ever gonna change. 8@

Learn to read, he has one, but that one isn't working somehow. Pay attention you ignorant slut. 
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    But apparantly he's unable to use that one. I think JoeZia knows his own hardware better than anyone here! ;)
  • Cena%s's Photo
    Yeah, I know that, so? I was just giving a suggestion, that since most printers/scanners, can also be connected with an USB cable. 
  • JoeZia%s's Photo
    calm down back to topic... umm oopps i dont have an rct drawing. ill try the usb thing.

Edited by JoeZia, 20 March 2010 - 12:38 PM.

• tyandor%s's Photo
    Glad to see this is still alive (somewhat :p) That's one amazing screen Robbie and tbh the paper quality adds a little becauseit looks a bit like parchment atm :)
    And Nin, that's also a very nice screen be it that the image quality is a bit poor. Well done!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading