(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• RCTNW%s's Photo
    ^ I was referring to the fact that it seems to be getting worse and if the trend will continue. I agree though however even designs are falling off IMHO
  • School_Jin%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • School_Jin%s's Photo
    The motivation behind the animation
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Wow, that looks so awesome. Really original too.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Jin that is truly amazing and unique keep up the good work.

To some of you these screens may look familiar. I hope you like them.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Beastly 1.jpg
    • Attached Image: Beastly 2.jpg
    • Attached Image: Beastly 3.jpg
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at, School_Jin, but I think I like it.

And mrbuckeye... those look extremely familiar. the woodie's station could use a little more detailing, and you could get some underbrush and more interesting colors in those screens. Landscaping for the river is very underwhelming too, you should spend more time there.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    loving that screen school_jin! Would love to see closeups!
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    mrbuckeye, I'm pretty sure you already submitted that park. Why would you still advertise it then?
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    I was just showing screens. sorry I will either put them on my (official :p) topic or not at all.
  • disneylhand%s's Photo

mrbuckeye, I'm pretty sure you already submitted that park. Why would you still advertise it then?

I didn't begin advertising Phantom until I had sent it in. Releases take a while.

-disneylhand
  • A.S.Coasters%s's Photo
    The problem with advertising after the submission is that someone may find a problem spot that you can't fix, thus bringing down your score (if you're going for an accolade this could be a problem).
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Fr3ak, that is absolutely fantastic!

This kind of thematic detailed-ness is a concept on itself, not something you give up, just to fill up a map. I don't get that line of thinking honestly. Quality before quantity, always. You're betraying yourself as an artist when you choose for the latter.

If you start a painting you don't choose to work expressionistic, just because it takes less effort. The technique and way of building is a result of the concept. The point is not to complete as many canvases as possible, unless you're doing it for the money, or in this case; points.
  • trav%s's Photo

Quality before quantity, always. You're betraying yourself as an artist when you choose for the latter.

But finding a good balance between quality and quantity offers the largest amount of profit.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I really want to see those structures up close, school_jin. not sure I approve of vast tracts of water but I guess if it makes sense for the concept... :D
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Obviously completely unfinished. Im mainly trying to improve my foliage. So... Oh and before you mention the seating in the bottom of the screen. That no longer exists.
    Posted Image
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Now thís is the stuff that makes me believe you're one of the most promising upcoming members. It just looks very refined and oozes atmosphere. Maybe just get a bít more grass underground going at the foliage surrounding that bridge section? Just to get some more color in there? :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Scotlands, I've never heard of you but that is pretty damn good! Building that close to the edge scares me some though, could use some breathing room perhaps?
  • RMM%s's Photo

completely unfinished.

wait... what?
  • Scoop%s's Photo

wait... what?

RMM you can definatly see that he is right. He does have some dull spots on the map. I do love the arch btw Scotland. It is very atmospheric if that is word.
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Holy eff I made something.

Attached Image: SCR4.jpg

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading