(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Ruben%s's Photo
    Lovely screen Faas. I agree about the monorail and coaster colors not really going that well together though. Furthermore, you're aware part of your fence is lagging right?
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Thats a nice screen faas. To make it look a bit busier why dont you add a shoe "defence" thing dont know the right word and maybe a little photo stall where you can get your photo took and developed with the coaster going through the inversion

Right now the path looks a bit bare at the left in the screen but its obv unfinished so.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Louis, this screen is gorgeous! The colors are plentiful but subtle. The white structure on the roof is what really draws my eye. Wonderfully constructed but not explicitly obvious as to what it is. Also, that mini swinging ship is BOSS.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^That would be the remains of a Togo Ultra Twister that used to occupy the space of Linear Gale. Thanks for the comment :)
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    Brilliant dude.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This is great. My only worries are the paths being really narrow (maybe move some of the flowers to behind the fences?) and the big foliage path at the top (what is that!?). The rest is great, love the coaster.

I love good distinctive realism.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^I knew someone would comment on the narrow paths. I'm making them somewhat narrow intentionally, to help create a busy, cramped atmosphere, something I feel an urban city park should have. The foliage patch is just a copy from real life to RCT, in real-life I assume it's covered with foliage and bushes to hide the subway vents from the public eye when inside the park, so I applied it to here too. It's a semi-recreation in the sense that a lot of the content is directly taken from the park, whereas some of it is directly inspired. For example the Spinning coaster in reality is a Maurer Sohne compact travelling model, I felt a Gerstlauer compact model would be better and based mine of their 420/4 model.

I'm just glad people are liking it, it's about 40% done. Once the park is 100% i'll start on the LaQua extension.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Oh Louis <3
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    :X , :)
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    wow--amazing stuff
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    Absolutely fantastic, Louis!!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    That means a hell of a lot coming from you two :)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    It looks excellent, Louis, but maybe I'm missing something cause if it's a recreation I'm totally clueless as to what it is. :lol: And what's up with the big wall in the back of the area? Is it unfinished or intentional? Kinda makes things hectic for me but overall great nonetheless!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    damn good Louis, that ship is so full of win.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

The foliage patch is just a copy from real life to RCT, in real-life I assume it's covered with foliage and bushes to hide the subway vents from the public eye when inside the park, so I applied it to here too.

That's what I thought, but I think you can do much cooler stuff with that place. A terrace looking out over the stuff below. Maybe open, but a building with big windows might look great too. Please do it. :)
  • WhosLeon%s's Photo
    Looks great Louis. :)
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo
    Awesome Louis :) I love the compactness as well, very appealing.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    Terrible, start over.
  • Mr. Coaster%s's Photo
    Yes! I love that!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading