(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Louis!%s's Photo
    It looks shockingly awful.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    I think it looks cool and is a great idea, but I don't think it would work in the bigger picture.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I love it. Needs an empty prairie behind it to work well I'd suggest.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    dude don't listen to these schmucks it looks great.
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    thanks cocoa

and ruben you hit it directly
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    it seems like very little aesthetical reward for a lot of effort, but whatever, cool
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    I think you all overestimate just how much effort goes into this stuff...
  • gir%s's Photo
    It's okay man, don't sell yourself short. :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Oh, I think if you coloured the rails the same as the lim track it would blend it together more :) nice idea
  • Ruben%s's Photo

and ruben you hit it directly

In that case you're on the right track alright. :) Haven't seen a lot of New Orleans themed stuff before btw, I like it.

@Robbie: It might work, but I just feel like I need to see more before I can comment. How does it look for turns? hops? How does it look when you've got trains on it? etc.
  • robbie92%s's Photo

Oh, I think if you coloured the rails the same as the lim track it would blend it together more :)/> nice idea

I tried that, and while it looks good from this angle, doing that makes it look bad from the other; this solution is pretty much the compromise between the two so that it looks fine at all angles, rather than great in two and bad in the other two.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Have you tried lowering the top track/raising the bottom track even more? Or is it currently sitting at the optimum level?

It's just that slight gap between the tracks that stops it looking incredible. Have you tried any other track types? Inverted hairpin comes to mind (if lift hill is applied), would mean the track could get lower and reduce the gap more. But then that could stop it looking like b&m box track.

I want to see you implement this further goddammit.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    They're sitting as close as I can make them in RCT2. If this was LL, I could use codex to raise the bottom by 1/4 of a unit. Right now, the LIM track is at standard RCT height so that the ride can properly run on it without glitches, while the B&M track is half of a unit below. I could perhaps try to sandwich in another track type for the straighter portions of the track to make it fill out a bit more, but I can't figure out how to make it fill out. Other tracks may cover the lower track more, like corkscrew track, but it then loses the look of the box track.

But yeah, part of the reason of this CF park is to try to develop new ways of approaching common realistic applications, like when RRP did the thick supports for his taxi hyper, so I want this to work.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Just messing about with the Six Flags Magic Mountain scenario. Trying to get my inspiration for RCT2 back.

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    It's both well done and boring as fuck.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Why, thankyou! That was exactly what I was going for! :p
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    Why is there 1 pice of wooden roller coaster track in the bottom screen
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    to keep out of the way cuz hes going to use reels again
  • Mattk48%s's Photo
    oh ok
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    This is a concept i messed around with a few years ago but never had anything to do with it. But I sat down with LL for the first time since H2H this week and started messing with some ideas. My current park concept includes a Technology zone so it seemed a good place to finally put the idea to use with a few refinements.

Posted Image

Work in progress obviously :) but i'm still alive honest.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading