(Archive) Advertising District / Dump-Place

• Turtle%s's Photo
    Nice MA, very nice.
  • J K%s's Photo
    MA . . . Awesome!
  • gir%s's Photo
    Looks like a great map Cocoa, love all the curves.
  • wildroller%s's Photo

@Wildroller

How high is those coasters, and whats the max speed?

They are 190ft high and reach 75mph or so.

Also, one more photo for the dump place :). Started on the landscaping, realized the previous colors just didn't work with foliage so I modified the colors so they would fit in a bit better!

Attached Image: QR4.JPG

Also to splitvision and the flow, I'm not sure if you went off the overview photo or the real screen I posted, but that section is quite likely to change quite a bit :)
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Likin' it, Roller, but not lovin' it. Make the coaster colors largly bright with darker rails and maybe supports.. color never hurt anything. And vary that tree use a lil' bit, too.

Posted Image

W.I.P. NCSO park.. this is a diner in the serene garden hedges area.

EDIT: It is, of course, unfinished.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    pretty good execution MA. I know the wild mouse never worked for them beautiful diagonal hills but it seems the only way for that would be the mine ride track.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Luketh, that screen reminded me of what I needed to tell, that being to make sure you have a legit reason behind your trackitecture. It's quite helpful to make certain forms with and gives that "oh no he didn't" type of look to your work, but only if it's really used in a good manner. In this case it's just 'there' and really doesn't add anything to the work that a normal object couldn't. Most times, especially in ncso, i use track to simulate curved pieces, whether it be in a roof top (usually Asian/Pagoda) or simply a round building.
  • Insanity%s's Photo
    @ midnight Aroura,
    on terms of realism, what company will that be?
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

pretty good execution MA. I know the wild mouse never worked for them beautiful diagonal hills but it seems the only way for that would be the mine ride track.

Quick attempt...

Posted Image
    Looking alright. Not great, but doable. I at least get footers out of it, so that's cool...
    Posted Image
    Looking decent on one side and horrible on the other, and theres not too many ways around this with the way the supports drop down. I'm open to ideas, though, if anyone has any. I figure if nothing else, some trees can be used to hide the ugly bits.

@Insanity--I'm not really much of a realistic kind of guy, but if I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's more applicable for The Gravity Group or an Intamin Pre-Fab and probably not a GCI. Realistic guys, back me up here.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    why not build the side skirt supports above the wooden track and lower them down so the wooden track under the hill are still there?

why not build the side skirt supports above the wooden track and lower them down so the wooden track under the hill are still there?

It works, but wooooowwww is it ever fucking complicated. Error trappers everywhere when you're done, too, so one stray click can wreck everything.
    Alright... Gee was correct.

Posted Image
    Posted Image
    It's obviously missing a piece where the red arrow is, but I didn't feel like going through the trouble of adding it back in.

Q.E.D., bitches.
  • Hex%s's Photo
    True he was correct. But I love that...
  • Colorado-Fan%s's Photo
    Posted Image
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    permission to say you've nailed that
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Awesome!
  • J K%s's Photo
    That moving platform is one of the best ideas I've seen all year round.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    That looks great
    The only thing is, although it would look nice, Disney would never be able to make that style of parking without cars being able to pull through the spots, traffic would be horrendous
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Comet:
    I did use the Sequoia Lodge Paris' parking spot in July. It was everything but pull-through spots.

Colorado-Fan: Sind das die "normalen" Holzplankentiles? Seeehr nice Idee, muss man schon sagen!
  • Colorado-Fan%s's Photo
    Thanks for the comments. I think I won't change the parking lots because I like the look of it. I think it's not so important, that it is 100% realistic.

@Casimir: Ja, sind die normalen Holzplankentiles. Ist denke ich mal was anderes als immer die B&M Supports zu nutzen.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading