(Archive) Advertising District / Music Masters

• CoasterAnne%s's Photo
    Brilliant! I hope you can make some themed ride with this!
  • ivo%s's Photo
    This is for shure the best work i have seen from you! Hopely you make a metal area aswell :)
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    @ Snas: thanks for all your suggestions, ideas and links. Will try to make good use of them. (Dutch mode:en ja ideeen voor heavy metal mag je me graag al mailen als je een kwartiertje over hebt, LoL!, dan kan ik alvast kijken of en hoe ik dat ga inplannen),

@ Ride6: thanks and don't worry!!
    That sharp is not really missing, as you compare it to most pianos:they have to start somewhere and in general don't do that with a sharp but with a "full one" (no idea what the expression for that is in English), but as this piano definitely is shorter than normal, you may be right that it could look better with an extra one, suggesting it stilll goes on. Will have a look at it.

][ntamin22: my thoughts exactly. <3 the violin.

i challenge anyone to make a french horn and live.

What does "<3" mean ? (except from "smaller than 3"?)

And indeed, that French horn may be rather impossible :'( (unless making a lot of new scenery pieces for it, which I'd rather avoid)

@ Ride_exchanger: thanks. heavy metal gets higher and higher on the list. Kiosks will be looked at again; and most of the support poles are already at the backsides of the instruments.

Mantis:i like this a lot, especially the sign on the building on the bottom right (i think it's a sign...it's facing away from us, with triangular supports - it looks good).
    are the trees mostly symmetrical on purpose?

Glad you like it. :)
    yes, that's a sign.
    yes, the trees are mostly symmetrical on purpose, though like the building , nothing is completely symmetrical. Will be one of the few things in the whole park however, for symmetry easily comes down to a cheap effect and tends to get boring.

CoasterAnne:Brilliant! I hope you can make some themed ride with this!

....eh..ehhh....the idea is to make a park full of themed rides and coasters on this subject.... :wacko:

Thank you all for the reactions, really much appreciated ....

Emergo
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    The <3 is a heart in internet language. As in, "I <3 that screen so fucking much" which means he/she/they* loves it.

*"They" was added to for any life form to have come to earth in any sort of hostile takeover, and/or for tracidEdge, since we have no idea what that is.
  • CoasterAnne%s's Photo

....eh..ehhh....the idea is to make a park full of themed rides and coasters on this subject.... :wacko:

Yes ok, but I cant imagine a coaster ased on music.... but I think you can. (I'd run out of inspiration but thats just me)
  • ChillerHockey33%s's Photo
    Theres a new park being built by the "Hard Rock" company. All themed to rock music.

http://www.hrpusa.com/
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Theres a new park being built by the "Hard Rock" company. All themed to rock music.

http://www.hrpusa.com/

^ still thanks, Chillerhockey. I already had 2 other sites about Myrtle Beach, but this one does give a lot of extra information. (can you believe it.....I have been a great fan of The Who, but I had nearly forgotten about them till I saw them on that site again!!!)

Now a question: has anyone ever heard of the song "tulips from Amsterdam"?

Please tell me.?

I do have a ride in a little corner that I want to theme and name after this song, but if nobody -except the Dutch ones of course- ever heard of it, I do have an alternative.
    (the old Dutch song was made popular in English by Max Belgraves, but that was veeeeery long ago)

Emergo
  • JKay%s's Photo
    although its been said throughout this topic, wow...
  • Leonardofury%s's Photo

Now a question: has anyone ever heard of the song "tulips from Amsterdam"?

I have
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    Slow-slow-slowly, still only one hand to use, but yes this one is nevertheless moving on a bit.

I´ll move the fiesta screens overhere.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

Leonardofury:LoL! you seem the only one who ever heard of the song, (thanks for your reply).
    I´ll leave the ride anyway, and explain it in the readme.

The park now does have a bridge made out of two harps.

And a small lake with a floating ballet-floor in it, including some - building block- dancers. On the shore opposite is a stadium from where guests can watch this ballet on the water: you guessed it, :D it´s `Swanlake` by Tsjaikovsky that they do perform, and yes, alas, of course there also is a swan-ride around the ballet-floor

Around the caroussel-part, which is behind the entrance, there now are two types of `organs`, as I find them in the same atmosphere of music that a caroussel does have.
    Or 3 in fact, as the area leads up to the area of Bach, and the portal to that one consists of a huge organ, which can be seen right away when guests come through the entrance building of the park . Behind the Bach organ there will be an area themed to the places he worked in (Germany) and there will be a flying coaster `Air`. No, not a copy of the the English Coaster `Air`, it only has to have this name as one of Bach´s most well-known and most popularised themes comes from his suite `Air` (remember Procul Harem?).

On one side of the caroussel there is a huge Belgian dance-organ, as they were made and used in the beginning of the former century. It houses 2 - working- hopper-rides worked into the elaborate front that can be seen if you just watch the dance-organ front.
    On the other side is a Dutch street-organ.

Now, though I do a lot of planning for the big lines of a park, within that broader layout I always am a bit of an associative builder. So I thought that the Dutch street organ could do with some backup in the form of a small Dutch part like an Amsterdam canal and some typical Dutch buildings. Only problem is that though Holland bred some world-famous painters, it never produced many real famous composers/musicians........

So I made this ride (hacked bumpers over tulip-fields in front of a windmill), on the song `Tulips from Amsterdam`` - see post above.
    And there is a helicopter-ride circling around and going through a variety of Dutch Windmills, called `The windmills of your mind``....as an extra the guests can do a tour in = walk through a cheesemaking-farm where inside and outside the cheeses are displayed and they can buy cheeseburgers from real Dutch cheese there .
    And of course there are those lovely Amsterdam canal-houses with cute shops where you can buy wooden shoes and Delft Blue.

There also is a Dutch Coffeeshop.
    In the backyard of this coffeeshop is a flat-ride themed to the song `La Cucaracha`.(Spanish for ``The Cockroach``.
    I do guess most of you know that song:????? (As it originally came over the Mexican border into the US and always has been and still is a popular theme in many jazz-bands.......)
    Posted Image

Posted Image

(both screens still need some small touches up and some zero-clearances)

Now a question again: do you´ll see the connection between a Dutch Coffeeshop and this song ``La Cucaracha`` ??? ( just to know how elaborate I have to make the Readme whenever this park will be finished....)

Emergo
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Looks fabulous! But why does the sign say Coffeshop? (is that because you can't have longer signs..., if so please forgive me)
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Looks fabulous! But why does the sign say Coffeshop? (is that because you can't have longer signs..., if so please forgive me)

Yep, that is because ``coffeeshop`` is just one letter too much for the sign......and the double-heigt sign looks so ugly here......

And......eh did you read the question....?

Emergo
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Okay, at first we have a women owning all the guys at RCT... and know she is doing it with one hand?

Emergo might be a bigger showoff then me :eek:

Just playing, Looks amazing Susanne :)
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    As a Dutchman, I know what a Dutch "coffee shop" is. I have a feeling it's not used the same way here though.

Looks fabulous.
  • Peeee%s's Photo
    Those screens are fantastic, I love the roach.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I wouldn't use the concrete path that much.
    Maybe some colors will look nice too.
    Behalve dat ziet het er tof uit!
  • Lloyd%s's Photo

As a Dutchman, I know what a Dutch "coffee shop" is. I have a feeling it's not used the same way here though.

That's exactly what i thought ;)

I think they're actually drinking coffee in this one :p

Anyway, it all looks amazing. You build faster with one hand then i do with two.
  • posix%s's Photo
    i don't know.
    it's convincing, detailed, probably well thought of, and all that. yet it doesn't reach me.
    the colours and shapes produce very poor harmony to my eyes.
  • CF%s's Photo
    Nice detail work ;)

are you from belgium?
  • Fisch%s's Photo

Looks fabulous.

I thought exactly the same! :D

Besides it's absolutely amazing!
    Great details and that all with only one hand...OMG...if just more women would play rct!
    btw...wanna do a guest spot in my solo? :D
    (just a joke...maybe I'll come back on this later :D but I know that you wouldn't want to do one till you're able to use your second hand because it'd be too much of work, right?)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading