• Six Frags%s's Photo

Sorry, not happening.

But hey you did it already! right Hans? :p

Yeah, although I think I could pull it off better now :p

SF
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    Uhm.. i really don't get this.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    Basically it's a competition without any bench object limitations. Or rather, very few.

Right guys?
  • Emergo%s's Photo

As for having requests... what can I say? I am a shitty webmaster and can't always decide on stuff and sometimes when I can't, I take it to the public. Sorry.

^ I don't think you are a shitty webmaster at all.....

Only....if you feel unsure - which is a positive and normal human-being thing imo - and want to consult the public, I always think it is "better' (more fruitfull) to do that before, and then just "release/declare" what has come out.
    With a full stop.
    Because by that you don't have to make other people feeling "more doubting" and trying to change whatever they think of it (= delaying their actual work), while nobody can accuse you of not having been open to their wishes/advises in the first place.

That, even by doing the above, you never can please anyone/all people on this site,.....well, that's obvious and is something "the public" will accept soon enough and understand, but I get the feeling that by now you mold yourself so much into a chewing gum that you yourself as well as many others just stay doubting,...doubting...and trying....trying....causing needless extra work.....etc....

Just my thoughts... and thanks for all the work that you do to keep this a special and active site :biggrin:

Emergo
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I'm lost, can someone tell me what the hell is going on?

Which bench is being used. Is there 3 RCT2 benches or is the 3rd bench the LL one. Are we awaiting another bench. What the fuck?

FYI: That unbordered glass wall xcoaster posted is a necesity imo
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    As it is, we have the two benches in the first post, but both need to be resized (why this hasn't been done already and changed in the download I'm not sure). I don't think we'll be getting a third bench now, and if we did it would be relatively annoying for people who've already started..
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I've already started and am currently getting things done. The bench is decent, sure it could be better but I'm dealing with it.

As Fatha said, it's just another challenge and restrictions breed creativity.

Ride6
  • Trajan%s's Photo
    I think Kumba's trying too hard to please everybody here. Don't worry about what a handful of people "need" to make their park right. A poor craftsman blames his tools, a poor parkmaker blames his bench, right? This is a competition where the playing field should be as equal as possible when it all starts off.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    im in the middle on this bench situation. part of me really wants some of the pieces that are being brought up but on the other hand working with the bench is part of the competition and has helped to improve my creativity and use of other pieces

FK
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Maybe I have a different mindset from the rest of you because I'm not viewing this as a competition. I'm viewing it as an opportunity to make the best possible park for my theme.

And I still don't understand how a third bench would be annoying for those who have already started. If you use the bench, which you don't have to, all you'd be doing is dimporting in a few items. And seeing how hardly anyone is requesting any items, I can only assume that you wouldn't even be dimporting in anything. And if you would be, why are you complaining?
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    I'd be definitely willing to build off another bench as well, although I can certainly work on those 2 we have.

But as a request, I'd like to see:
    1. The diagonal colorable brick block piece.
    2. Full tile tarmac footpath.

But please let me know if we're even gonna have this. I haven't started, but I'm ready to start today and I need to know if I should wait.
  • Carl%s's Photo
    Even though Im not a part of the PT3 in any way, I just thought Id post on this topic anyway :p

I also happen to think having as many different objects available for the bench would be the best case scenario, but I think the negative attitude towards this whole bench mess is because it makes the contest seem disorganized. I know its not, but perception counts for alot.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    Yeah, I agree.. People with less time would have an unnecessary/undesired disadvantage with this whole bench situation, as imo more suited objects could result in a better park..
    Then again, mantis got pretty high in the PT1 with LL which got less options than RCT2..

SF
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I am decided...

A third PT3 Finals bench will be made available early next month.

You can blame me for this getting confusing. I should have thought of this way back when... it should have been 2 PT3 benches to make up for the fact that there is to much great stuff out there to pack onto one bench. However now 2 are out and they have tons of stuff thats the same.

I understand that there are a lot of people with benches that don't know how to use dimport. To help them myself and the NE object team will take some benches and dimport via request. More details on this when the benches get released.

I am also extending the object request period until July 31 at 11:59pm PST YOU MUST POST A SCREEN OF YOUR REQUEST! If you have it in text it will be ignored.

Request recap:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The objects shown above will be taken into consideration when the bench is made.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    So can we use a current bench, then dimport any necesary items from the new-yet to be released-bench if we want?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Yeah, this third bench will be mainly for dimporting. It's sort of like how with stem cells you could make a headless body with loads of parts that could be used for a transplant :nod:
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Question: I've unistalled RCT2, then reinstalled it so all the scenery is gone. Then I loaded up both the bench, with which I could choose my scenery without risk of putting in any illegal objects. Can I put in original RCT2 objects (the ones that come with the game) that might not necesarily be in either bench?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    You can only use RCT2 objects that are on one of the 3 benches.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Argh, that's annoying...

Can this object be put in please?

Posted Image

The original RCT bush recoloured to a faded green by Toon.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    That bush is available in a recolourable version already. Shouldn't be too hard to get the look you want.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading