Pro Tour 3 / The PT3 Benches

• 5dave%s's Photo
    Posted Image

:)
    Just the things I'd add.
    But as I said - I can live without them.

"MFG"
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Im just gona wait out the week and see how many requests come in, however with big guns in it like Ryan and Dave thinking about it I am leaning towards going with it.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

I would have liked to see the PT3 being built on the PT1 bench. Would be nice to compare the new entries with the ones from the first contest and see if players are better now or if it is just the possibilities offered by the objects that make the parks look better.

^ Now yes, that would have been a challenge, and a good idea Magnus! (as this focusses more on concept, creativity and skill, than on "take-away-meals" :lol: )

I really love that idea, but as the chance that I still can enter is < 10 %, I'll stay out of any further discussion/bench-wishes on this..... :biggrin:

Emergo
  • Ling%s's Photo
    My style includes all that old stuff... I don't do the whole extreme detail thing that makes everyone rank so highly nowadays. Mind you, I'm not saying I compare to the likes of cBass, Mala, or ButterFinger in that amazing showdown, but that is my kind of bench.

Edited by Ling, 19 July 2007 - 12:19 AM.

• Turtle%s's Photo
    Magnus, that's a great idea. Makes it far more interesting, and adds a new dimension to the contest. It also makes everything less complicated.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    3 benches? Being able to choose scenery from any of them and import them into one bench? Kumba.....love you but come on....

Tis alright. Im using one bench and one alone.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I have nothing to do with the contest, but really you need 1 bench and stick to it. You are basically letting everyone build a bench for themselves. Id make 1 bench and stick to that although im sure too many people have now started the entries.

Post a vote up and see what the people involved think of setting a single bench.
  • John%s's Photo
    Leaving it as-is would be the best at this point, because I'm sure other people (like me) have something started, and reverting to one bench would be a pain.
    But allowing for another workbench would defeat the purpose of having a bench.

It don't need fixin' 'cause it really ain't broke. :p You know?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    I started ...
    Just quoting cbass from a previous PT thread.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    How will this work when the park are available? Are we going to need to download all three PT benches first to get all the objects and then open the actual entry?

Sorry if I missed this detail in an earlier discusion.

James - rctnw
  • Kumba%s's Photo

How will this work when the park are available? Are we going to need to download all three PT benches first to get all the objects and then open the actual entry?

Yeah, the PT2 was 15 for the DL of one, so if this is 3, maybe we can get 45 entires :)

j/p, but only two people have supported it so far, so it's case aint looking to good.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I say stay with just two (the original PT bench idea was a cool concept, but I already have like 10 RCT years and don't want to lose it 'cos it's good by my standards)
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    You guys are killing me. Can't you just let me have my custom scenery? Maybe you don't know what you're going to build, but I do, and I need these things. Maybe I just build with different goals from you, but if I have to substitute a lot of shit when trying to achieve my vision, I get pissy. Because then I'm not building my park; I'm building an alternate park the bench maker forced me to build.

BTW, I also absolutely need the Victorian roof thing that 5Dave posted. I just assumed that was included and forgot to look for it. Unless if one of the fences with that rail on top is included, in which case I might be able to get by without the quarter tile one.
  • John%s's Photo
    Just out of curiosity, was a requesting period a part of the past two Pro Tours? I don't remember if there was or not.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo

Just out of curiosity, was a requesting period a part of the past two Pro Tours? I don't remember if there was or not.

I remember one last time before the bench was released, but I missed the deadline, so I had no reason to complain later (I had very few problems with that bench anyways). This year I'm getting my complaining done during the alloted time frame.

Not sure about the first Pro Tour though.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    If you want Xcoaster to make the amazing whatever it is he is making post a screen too :lol:

I think it will win now, and imo after what he did last year does anyone want me to prevent Ryan from getting just what he needs? It's not like you don't also have the chance if your entering.

As for having requests... what can I say? I am a shitty webmaster and can't always decide on stuff and sometimes when I can't, I take it to the public. Sorry.
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    He can have anything he wants, I was just saying that really its stupid that different players have different custom scenery....are there some pieces i wish I had for this park im building? Hell yes. Will not having thos pieces stop me from achieving what I want? Hell no. Just makes the contest more challenging in my books.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I think Magnus' idea is brilliant..

SF
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I think Magnus' idea is brilliant..

SF

Sorry, not happening.

But hey you did it already! right Hans? :p
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    When are we getting this new bench? I am waiting. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading