Music Forum / Radiohead

• postit%s's Photo
    Click Here

=O
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Convincing. Where'd you find this? atease?
  • postit%s's Photo
    surprisingly, I went directly to radiohead.com to check if there were any updates. i was pleasantly surprised.

When you say convincing, do you not believe it?

EDIT: Let me clarify. That's where you are directed when you type in radiohead.com.

Edited by postit, 30 September 2007 - 06:11 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    HOLY SHIT

uhm. this awesome. time to bust out the credit card.

totally throwing down the extra cash for the 2-disc set. last flowers is on it.
  • postit%s's Photo
    did you find that out on the website?

it's a double

HOLY SHIT

Time to bust out the appropriate smilie.

:OMG:

There we go

I just found the track list

HOLY SHIT

Nude, Reckoner, Last Flowers, and Up On The Ladder!!!

No Lift or Big Boots..but still

:OMG:

Do you realize that they are offering a free download...?

Edited by postit, 30 September 2007 - 06:23 PM.

• Steve%s's Photo
    mmm. i'm kind of pissed though. i'll shell out the extra cash for the vinyls if i have to, but i'd be good with the 2-disc set.
    even though vinyl is pretty awesome, anyway.

is big boots on there? i didn't see it.

yeah, at first when i went to pre-order it says "up to you". i'm not sure if this is a sick a joke or radiohead trying to prove that people will pay for their records no matter what the price is. i'd probably give a dollar per track if i could. or i could just be a lousy bastard and just not pay a dime.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I've shat a fucking brick.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Jesus Christ. 40 pounds. That's like 90 greenbacks.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Indeed but I must have the proper hard copies.

Big investment though.

I'm blissful about getting the download on the 10th though. Brightens my life.

Ride6
  • postit%s's Photo
    Perhaps it's only a limited print thing because of the whole "we will ship it by December 3rd". That is why I'm going to order a hard copy.

I also want the artwork and the 2 discs for the Radiohead collection, but that's not my main reasoning either.

I suppose the main logic is:
    A) It's Radiohead
    B) What else is money good for?

Hmm, maybe not so much B), but definitely A).
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Money is a good way to acquire goods and/or services which you want or need. So really, if you want those records, cds, etc, bad enough then what else is money good for?

I think it goes without saying that I ordered my "diskbox" already.

Ride6
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    Me and my little brother are going halfsies on the diskbox and I tossed them $5 for the download. I still can't believe how well executed this whole thing was. Just randomly announcing that the cd comes out in 10 days, and that you can name your price for the download. Just a really cool concept. Curious to see if this has larger repercussions as far as other bands trying the same thing.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    I assume they'll ship it to me if i wanted it.. it's a tough decision, on one hand the book would be nice on the other hand '57' euros is a bit much.. i will wait the download to see just how much i like the album. If i like it *very* much i might just think the money is worth it.. though i would think there will be just a cd available in stores someday.
  • PyroPenguin%s's Photo
    I think their plan is to get a cd in stores sometime early 2008. However, nobody knows if that includes the second disk or not.
  • postit%s's Photo

I think their plan is to get a cd in stores sometime early 2008. However, nobody knows if that includes the second disk or not.

Just curious, why do you think that?
  • Ride6%s's Photo

I've read it on one of the fan forums, I think it was a quote from one of Jonny's recent posts on DAS.

Ride6
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    oh my god. :OMG:

honestly, i think i'll get the download thing for free or something, but i'll be buying this when it comes out on CD, eventually...

edit: alright, i lied, just paid $8 for the download.

Edited by Silenced, 02 October 2007 - 07:27 AM.

• Jellybones%s's Photo

Pitchfork reported that they'd put it out as a normal CD in early 2008. Likely this would occur on a normal record label.
    Source was Radiohead's publicist.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Something to tide you over for a few days.

It's a wonderful little 6 part interview spliced with live footage from Kid A. It appears to have been done by MuchMusic, which if I remember right is something like the Canadian MTV (except better because MTV is shit).

Anyway I'm enjoying it, and there seems to be a good deal of interest in the band right now. We've got to stall off another week somehow.

Ride6
  • postit%s's Photo
    Interesting. I have doubts about it, because also, according to Radiohead's publicist, the album is due in early 2008.

I am starving myself of all Radiohead until it comes out. Join me to enhance the impact of the first listen. :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading