General Chat / What other games do you play?

• woofenskid%s's Photo
    The 911, Marshy? I've been using the '65 GTO for grip, the RX-7 for drift, the cuda for drag, and a viper for the speed races.. Seems to work fairly well.

At a hundred and seventy, it's a bitch to keep that cuda going straight.. it wants to drift to the right.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Why don't you use a ford GT for speed?
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Viper sounds more manly.

also, I've driven a newer viper.

I like.

LOTS.

I used the GT for most of the end of Most Wanted, though.Never bothered with carbon.

I do miss the open feeling of underground two and most wanted.
    I also Miss the street racing aspect, and the police chases were fun.
  • Marshy%s's Photo

And no, I'm not a mario whore. Look at Project Gotham Racing and this is a real racing game.

Bwaahahahahahaha

Gotham is a pile of shite. Gran Turismo ftw.

Oh, and woofenskid. As I said I'm in my 4th re-run of the game now, trying to use all the cars. So far I've found the 911 best for grip due to is being 4wd and mighty fast and powerful (being a Porsche) and its tail doesn't kick out on exits of the corners (unlike rear-wheel drive)..(correct me if I'm wrong in saying its 4wd)

RX-7 is probably best for drift, seems to handle itself superbly through the bends. Before getting one of these probably best having the RX-8. I'm currently using a Pontiac GTO which does suprisingly well for such a big car..awesome sound too.

I'm currently using a Supra for drag at the moment, sadly it is incapable of doing a wheelie (need to adjust suspension settings I think). Best car I've come across for this event is the Charger.

As for Speed, I'd agree with the Viper. I'm currently using a Skyline (fully tuned..almost level 4) and it comes close..but the sheer awesomeness of the Viper is..awesome..

I havn't bothered with any of the Supercars (lambo, Gt, zonda etc) as I kinda consider it as cheating in this sort of game, I'd prefer to make a slower car much faster.

Man..turned into a bit of a novel there...heh

Edited by Marshy, 29 January 2008 - 03:47 PM.

• woofenskid%s's Photo
    I'm on my second run through the game, and I try and stick to the older american muscle as much as possible.. I grew up on and around a drag strip, and my grandfather used to race a '69 roadrunner.. the shits in my blood. I love the sound of a big v-8 firing up, and i could stand behind a charger and just smell the exhaust fumes for hours on end.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    I played Pro Street for a bit and it sucked okay you guys. Wait until GTA5 comes out before talking about racing games tia.
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Marshy, aren't supras front wheel drive?
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Right now I'm using the following:
    *Grip - Lotus Elise - I was using the Nissan 350Z, but I haven't been happy with the handling, so I'm trying something new for a bit.
    *Drift - Mazda RX-8 - Works a lot better than the stuff they give me during the challenges
    *Speed - Viper Satio - Works well, but I might try something else later for variety
    *Drag - Ford GT - Got a bit tired of tuning my drag car, so I just put something fast in. Plus, I'm working on a GT-40 kit car, so that makes this similar to something we have. Still need to figure out the wheelies though. I think it's something with tuning, since I've done it easy with pretuned cars, but I can't do it with any of mine.
  • Marshy%s's Photo

Right now I'm using the following:
    *Grip - Lotus Elise - I was using the Nissan 350Z, but I haven't been happy with the handling, so I'm trying something new for a bit.
    *Drift - Mazda RX-8 - Works a lot better than the stuff they give me during the challenges
    *Speed - Viper Satio - Works well, but I might try something else later for variety
    *Drag - Ford GT - Got a bit tired of tuning my drag car, so I just put something fast in. Plus, I'm working on a GT-40 kit car, so that makes this similar to something we have. Still need to figure out the wheelies though. I think it's something with tuning, since I've done it easy with pretuned cars, but I can't do it with any of mine.

I tried the Lotus Elise but I didn't like it. It's too slow, its good in the corners but it just lacks in the power dept. Try the RX-7 after your RX-8 for drag.

Oh, and yeh Supras are rear wheel drive.

Tracid, we can talk about GTA5 but I wouldn't personally call it a racing game..
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    Okay, marshy, I wasn't sure.

Now I'm running the '65 GTO for grip, The '67 Vette for drift, the Challenger for Speed, and the Cuda for Drag. Keeping it old school. I have a charger I'm building for drag, too, just to mix it up some. Oh, and I've got a skyline put together for grip if the tracks to tight for my GTO, because let's be honest here, anything over sixty and that fucker handles like a battleship.
  • lucas92%s's Photo
    Buy a dodge charger for wheelies: I did a 420 m. lol
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Yeh, get a Charger. Hit NOS and you'll get over 1000m, i did hehe.
    Only managed to hit 950 with my Supra though :(...although my Supra DID do the half mile in less than 11 seconds, and the quarter mile in 7!
  • tyandor%s's Photo

I consider Prostreet as a crappy game actually. When it gets 6.5 score at gamespot, it means it sucks balls. And I think the same way as them.

Do NOT rely on game site scores. Most certainly not on a single one and definately not gamespot. GS lost a lot of credability on the Kane and Lynch incident. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain: Befor the game K & L was reviewed there was quite a big advertisement campaign for it on the Gamespot & relative sites (CNET). A certain reviewer that had ten years of service to the site eventually gave the game a 6 or so which was totally on mark if you looked at the average rating on GameRankings.com (which shows the average grade taken from a lot of sites). The ads dissapeared most instantly and it seemed to have cost GS a lot of money, but also the reviewer was fired not long after it. It isn't entirely clear if this was related, but it raised a pretty high suspicion.
    I played the game demo and to be honest while having a lot of potential I have to agree on the 6. Something just don't works with this game (mainly controls).

Also there are several games that get low ratings, but are actually quite good. Medievil ressurrection for example; it has it's flaws but it's not that bad either. Same situation for The Hobbit as it was compared to the movies while it was modeled after the book. It was a pretty good game imo.

My advice, look at the averages of the sites and most of all read a lot of user reviews. And still, you can be very dissapointed because the game just doesn't work for you while it's A+ rated. Halo comes to mind... never liked it tbh. Hell, console shooters are overated to begin with (I have Resistance for the PS3 and while it's nice it won't get close to PC-shooters)
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    I agree.

To be quite honest I NEVER look at game ratings. I almost alway buy a game from how good it looks from the Tv adverts or just that fact that it sounds good. Take Burnout Paradise for example, I'm buying this game because it looks awesome from the adverts, and alot of people have said good things about it. I've owned all previous version of Burnout too, and I'll even admit that the most previous version is absolute crap, but I'm still getting Paradise!

As I said, I prefer to rate a game myself that go off gaming sites.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Why does this thread have to be about video games? It just says games...
    I only ever play RCT2 and LL video games- wise

I play football (not on a team- with my friends), basketball (1 team with 3 seperate leagues) and ultimate (damn, I wish they had a league, that's my favorite sport- Jews and ultimate go together well)

And Monopoly!
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Yeh but when I created the topic I had video games in mind, it was a thread to share what other games we played apart from RCT.

Anyway, I hate to carry on the NFs Prostreet subject, but..

I've just beaten the grip and drag kings...and my god, how easy are they! So easy in fact that I even LAPPED the grip king on the final race. The drag was just as easy, the best wheelie he could do was 500m, I managed 1400m!!

But saying that, I can't see myself having much fun on the Speed events, as I completely suck at them (can't keep my car on the road for shit)
  • RRP%s's Photo
    AOE2
    Games on the NDS
    HL2 mods like zombie master and PVKII
  • woofenskid%s's Photo
    I'm not so hot with the speed either.

I've beaten the drag and drift kings so far, this time.

I've figured out that if you start in second gear and hit the nos in fourth, you can wheelie the whole track. sucks if you start to drift to one side, but hey, gets you a good score. and its fun to see the nose of that charger in the air for a quarter mile.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Infantry Online
    various sundry XBOX/PSP/GCN/N64 games, but nothing online except the PSP.
    I'm currently playing through the first Homeworld and MechCommander2.

um... is drum corps a game? I do stuff on micromarching.com some.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    Something I've been doing lately is purchasing old games that I used to be addicted too in the days of early ps2/psone

So I bought Test Drive 4 for £1.99 (ps1) off eBay and Midnight Club 2 (ps2) again from eBay for £3.50

Memories :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading