Micro Madness / Micro Madness Writeups

• Levis%s's Photo
    read them all again :) .
    good work OLE :) , please continue with it.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    ^heh thanks and your writeup is up now ;)
  • Luigi%s's Photo
    thanks for writing :D
    I'm surely staying, just a small start :p Now I'm busy with a design, hope to post screens in a few weeks
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo

the judges did not have a hard time choosing the winner gave CP6 3 straight votes. He will move on to face MA who is exactly opposite to him in style and game. Should turn out to be an interesting match no matter what happens.

Now what would you all do if I turned in a nice, realistic entry? Maybe in RCT2 even.
  • Fr3ak%s's Photo
    ^Would be great :p

And OLE, thanks for all those write ups, they're awesome and nice to read :)
  • Milo%s's Photo
    ^^then I would have to say have fun beating CP6 at his own game :p
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Now what would you all do if I turned in a nice, realistic entry? Maybe in RCT2 even.

^ We would just decide which park had the best idea in the best execution, regardless whether it is fantasy or realism, or RCT1 or RCt2, expected or unexpected ....... :p

But...eehhh....go surprise us, with whatever you want and can think of....!

Emergo :biggrin:
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Oh, wow! Levis! I just got a chance to see it. The architecture is fine, and those hacks are amazing. You got the hammer ride to change into a top spin ride right in the middle! And the mine car went under the real top spin ride! Amazing.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    updated
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    <3 Keeps the contest exciting.

Real feedback is a wonderful thing, and I also like how you drag in the politics of it and such; much like College or Pro sports...

Makes something that inherently rather boring seem exciting and new...

Ride6
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    You might want to back up a hard copy on your computer in case something fucks up on the forums. Stranger things have happened. I mean, you're only on 7 of 32, and look how much there is written already.
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    sooner or later he is gonna run into a text limit.
  • Emergo%s's Photo
    Such a good write-up again!!

This really adds to the whole contest I think!
    Should not it be pinned?

(and eh...if you manage to go like this and do them all -or nearly all-...why not pack them in a downloadable .zip to make sure we can still enjoy the whole contest with this aid when looking at it again later ,when the topic will be old and hard to find...)

Thanks again! :biggrin:

Emergo
  • Milo%s's Photo

sooner or later he is gonna run into a text limit.

uh.. you don't think I haven't thought of that? I'm not going to just post them all at the beginning of this topic....

anyway thanks for the kind words... not exactly sure on organizing but I have an idea with topics at least

it would be great if these could be posted on the site somewhere besides a topic (like the contest page) but it doesn't look like this will have a contest page so I'm not sure if that'll happen
  • Milo%s's Photo
    updated with JJ vs. Agent_Mulder match

falling a bit behind but I should catch up before the 3rd
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    not to discount it, but I didn't think mulder's was _that_ great....
  • Milo%s's Photo

.....and?

I actually didn't care for JJ's much at all. I'm writing this from MY point of view and not the general thoughts so it's going to differ.
  • Emergo%s's Photo

^ I agree with the fact that mulder's "was not THAT great". Room enough for improvement, especially in the buildings, there.
    Nevertheless, I think it all in all was a surprisingly nice, well-rounded and well-executed entry . very much so.
    And that seems what OLE describes very good imo....

What I think is an "extra" in these write-ups by OLE, is that, even though he says in an answer to you that "JJ's entry did not do anything for him", he still finds ways to pick out the good things of that entry also, and points out quite some of the nice things there that otherwise people might overlook....
    To be able to do that, I find a very good job.

You are right to give your opinion on the "less-greatness"'of mulders' park, but as OLE says: these are his opinions, and I think he's giving them in a lovely readable way, with also a lot of respect for the "losers". So he's doing a great job for us all, creating a fine and not utmost biassed document of this MMM.
    And yes, of course the opinion of one person can never be the only and whole 'thruth" for everyone.
    What do you think?

Emergo :biggrin:
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    As long as we're clear that this is solely OLE's opinion, I'm fine with it. I had thought it was just a general summary (maybe i just misinterpreted the series of posts from ride6) and felt that as a whole the reception of Mulder's had not been as exceptional as he portrayed it to be. Again, though, since this is going to be just an opinion thing and OLE's is pretty close to the truth (or what i see as the truth, i guess) most of the time, I've got no problems with it.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    well emergo is right but the other main point I was trying to make was that I really don't want this to become the "well this is what I thought of such and such entry" topic... while it's good to have your opinion, I feel that's more suited to the release topic and not here

and I was maybe a little too strong on the description as well as saying that it's just MY opinion (it's mostly based on my personal opinion it but I doubt I'll write the complete opposite of what most people think of an entry)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading