(Archive) Advertising District / 'Project Past'

• Fanatic Of RCT%s's Photo
    So I've decided that I've been working enough to actually finish a park, so I might as well go through with it and post up an official topic here. If you were around back when I was a Parkmaker, "Project Present" was what I called Mountain Vista before I released it so this is going to be Part 2. It's going to be a multi-themed park in LL. Pretty standard, nothing too crazy. I'm sure some of you will say it's outdated, but it's aesthetically pleasing to me. I'm just making this for fun...

I'll update it continually as I keep working.
    2 Pictures from the entrance

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Fanatic Of RCT, 23 June 2008 - 03:49 PM.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    such a classic feel.. my only possible complaint is the orange and green on the top spin.
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah that's the only thing i was going to mention to. It's just awesome, has such a natural, classic feel.

This is how parks should still be made, at least then we'd get more then a couple spotlights a year.

Please finish it, because it makes me want to reinstall LL.
  • posix%s's Photo
    aaah, nostalgia. very nice, fanatic :)
    Kumba, put him into retiree group.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    Wow... it's great... and nostalgic. Not really much more to say besides keep up the good work.

Oh and just a shot in the dark here but is the new area a Marvel type area or something?
    ^Not really Marvel, more like a generic city theme...I'm working out some details to try and make it more distinctive.
    2 new pics of the area around the new water coaster...Cause I'm bored and don't really care about hiding much at this point...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for the positive replies guys, it's been a while.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    I love you.

Thanks for coming back.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Woah zodiac moment. :wacko:
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    I really need to make that a trademark.

Amazing work. Looking forward to more.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    I never thought I would see a LL park that I like as much as most RCT2 parks, but I was wrong. Awesome.

Probably mainly because not every piece of scenery is actually a ride in a poor disguise.
  • RMM%s's Photo
    i really like that last screen
  • Carl%s's Photo
    This is great work FoR, keep it up :D
    So the city themed area is complete. This will be the last update from that section and work on the next area has already begun. It's shaping up to look like a little throw-back to Mountain Vista... The park in total is about 25-30% completed.

View of Rush Hour Cafe and surrounding area...
    Posted Image
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I think the mushrooms throw the theme off a little, but generally i love it. The position of the cobra roll looks very cool.

Great job, especially seeing as you haven't played in a while.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    good stuff... no complaints
    A little "teaser" I guess of the new area...

Posted Image
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    The red is brutally wonderful. I guess the new screen could use some "windows", as could some of the assorted buildings in the other screens... But man that's so easy to forget when you're building something so beautifully.

It probably won't get you your parkmakers spot back, but goddam it's pretty.

Ride6

The red is brutally wonderful. I guess the new screen could use some "windows", as could some of the assorted buildings in the other screens... But man that's so easy to forget when you're building something so beautifully.

It probably won't get you your parkmakers spot back, but goddam it's pretty.

Ride6

Don't worry, I'm not trying to get my Parkmakers spot back, this is just for fun in my spare time (not to mention, I'm not even an RCT2 fan). About the windows, I was never a huge fan of having them on every other building. Something about it always annoyed me. I might throw some in every now and then, but we'll see. Thanks for the input.
    New area is coming along nicely...It's about half done. Torn between the idea of adding a log flume or a kiddie coaster so construction has slowed a bit. Just a new pic here...Not revealing much. Planning on keeping most of the coasters a secret. I added some more windows for ya Ride6 ;0)

Posted Image
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Well then, the obvious answer is to add a relatively mild watercoaster.
    The area (and all of the screens) have an awesome vibe, but I can't help feeling a bit detached. it's almost from another era entirely, RCT-wise. reminds me of my first days at NE.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading