(Archive) Advertising District / 'Project Past'

• Fanatic Of RCT%s's Photo
    ^There's already a water coaster in the city section...I'm leaning towards the flume just for some variety. And it would make sense that it seems like your first days around NE because that's when I was most active. I haven't changed much, not with a 3-4 year break from the game at least. Just doing what I know.
  • Grand Admiral%s's Photo
    This is nice, but can someone tell me why people still like the original architecture to the games?
  • RMM%s's Photo
    because its LL buddy.
    nice work fanatic.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    The windows do make it look better. It's lovely.
    So I'm nearly done with this area...Haven't had a lot of time to work on it so it's taking longer than I had hoped. Shouldn't be too long before it's done and I'm on to the next section. This will probably be the last update from this part of the park...

Posted Image
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I love it...
    One of the few LL projects I've ever enjoyed follwing.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    As classic as it feels. That's all it feels. It's kind of dull and really repetitive. I can appreciate classic old LL but I'm more of a fan of the modern techniques. All you are doing is placing rides paths, raising tiles of land, putting in some windows, sometimes putting path and fences on rooves, a few bits of coaster awning. Not much else. It is classy and nice but it is extremely lacking compared to nowadays. There is a great atmosphere but technique is outdate.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Quite the contrary to JJ, I like it a lot. I love classic feel, and classic techniques used well are great...

It's very inspiring.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    I do like it... But it's very 'safe' and is more like Project Past.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Well yeah, and I'm saying that "Project Past" is the style that I like a bit more when it comes to LL...
    To each their own JJ...I wasn't setting out to revolutionize the RCT world. Like I said in my very first post, I'm making what I think looks good and what I like...For fun. With a considerable break between playing there's little improvement on old skills that can be made. I can respect your opinion and I'm not offended in the slightest. I am going to change the name to 'Project Past' though cause that's pretty amusing. Thanks.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Okay :)

Each to our own preference :)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I still like it, but I guess that should come as little surprise since I, for one, miss when the general style of NE was so atmospheric and aesthetically pleasing.

Ride6
    So it's just a small update of the new section, but I liked the area and wanted to show it off. It's obviously nowhere near complete, just a little taste.

Posted Image
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    I'm in love with your architecture.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Now. I love that :)
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    It appears sort of .. whimsical.. and i'm not sure it was supposed to.
    might just be my tendency towards dark parkmaking.
    ^It's supposed to look that way...I don't really do "dark" parkmaking...
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    Looking great Fanatic. Can't wait to see it finished. :)
    So I've been working on the new section and I don't really know if I've convinced myself of liking it yet. I'm kind of 50/50 with it. I've already done quite a bit so I'm looking for some outside opinions to let me know what they think. Here are two new pics. The differences in color are because I was thinking about breaking the area into a Wizard/Knight kind of thing, just so I could play around a bit more. Who knows...

Posted Image

Posted Image

This'll be the last update until probably the end of January as I'm leaving on a 3 week trip in a few days.

Edited by Fanatic Of RCT, 22 December 2007 - 10:26 PM.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading